Limited Ignore?

NameSilo
Watch

jberryhill

Top Member
John Berryhill, Ph.d., Esq.
Impact
Hello,

There is an NP member who had taken to sending emails to random collections of people to rant about various things. That was simple to deal with by blocking them in my email filters.

This person has now taken to ranting about his issues in DM's here. While I don't ordinarily put people on ignore, is there some limited status under which I can simply block receiving DM's from this person? I tried using "leave conversation" but that only seems to work on a per-conversation basis.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You can block him on here! Click on his profile then ignore button!

•••
You can report the person, add a mod to the conversation to step in or air it out here in public. The ignore is only per coversation from what I can tell.

•••
Hello,

The ignore feature applies to every part of the forums, including public threads and direct messages ("DM"). Unfortunately, there isn't a way to ignore a member in DM only.

However, we have restricted that particular member's account so that he cannot misuse the DM system again; he can no longer start new direct messages ("conversations") or invite participants to conversations on NamePros.

We hope that helps.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back