NameSilo

.us LImitations on .us content - ie: adult

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

JamesDavid

www.JamesDavid.comEstablished Member
Impact
Alright so I was wondering, are there limitations of what you can put on a .us domain, somewhere along the line I heard you could not put adult material on a .us domain, any truth?

No I wouldnt put adult but I was considering some adult convo/dating type content/affiliaite stuff. is that allowed.

Woudl love to hear your feedback...

thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Under .US Nexus Requirements .US domains may be registered only by the following qualified entities:

Any United States citizen or resident,
Any United States entity, such as organizations or corporations,
Any foreign entity or organization with a bona fide presence in the United States
To ensure that these requirements are met, NeuStar frequently conducts "spot checks" on registrant information.

To prevent anonymous registrations that do not meet these requirements, the National Telecommunications and Information Administration has ruled that registrants of .us domains may not secure private domain name registration.

Registrants are required to provide complete contact information without omissions.

Also no banned words in the name.

•••
Apart from the above, I can't see any other restrictions.

•••
by "banned" words... they are reffering tooo?

Also I am a US citizen so no issue there..

•••
Primarily the words that are censored on pre-watershed TV, I don't know of an actual "list" of words though.

•••
You need to avoid the so-called seven dirty words.
Other than that I do not know if adult content is actually prohibited but I would rather use a .com/.net than any ccTLD, unless it's .nl or .ch.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back