Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

status-monitor Limit Bumps

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
NamecheapNamecheap
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
5,263
Point and case.



Screen_Shot_2016_11_20_at_7_44_53_PM.png
 
7
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
You get 1 per day.
 
3
•••
Bump
 
8
•••
3
•••
Per thread. That means a business account an essentially bury the competition.
Nah, threads move down pages quick. The alternative is to eliminate daily bumps which just leads to new thread creation. Basically no different IMO.
 
1
•••
how much u want for okay.poker?
 
0
•••
1
•••
Nah, threads move down pages quick. The alternative is to eliminate daily bumps which just leads to new thread creation. Basically no different IMO.

True. Still bumping that many threads and presumably more just detracts from the user experience.
 
2
•••
here is an idea .. how about the mighty np coders come up with algrithm to group into one display post all marketplace posts by same member, bumped within say 1 last hour of each other...

that'll do it I think.
 
1
•••
Might also help to only allow a single user to be on the leaderboard once. Helps eliminate some of the problem.
 
0
•••
New Posts moves quickly. There's little benefit to appearing multiple times on that page/widget. I'd be more concerned about people spreading out the bumps to increase exposure.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
New Posts moves quickly. There's little benefit to appearing multiple times on that page/widget. I'd be more concerned about people spreading out the bumps to increase exposure.

It's frustrating from a user's perspective regardless of it provides benefit or not to the individual bumping. The success of this forum stems from the profit people see from trading here. Few people would pay to play here if they knew they'd make no money. I suppose my point is a better experience might lead to increased sales thereby increasing your user base and subscriptions.
 
2
•••
Limit Bumps

I vote YES
 
0
•••
It is highly irritating but fortunately there is a simple solution i.e. block users that bump too many threads in one go. I have been doing just that and now my browsing experience is a far more pleasant one.
 
0
•••
It is highly irritating but fortunately there is a simple solution i.e. block users that bump too many threads in one go. I have been doing just that and now my browsing experience is a far more pleasant one.

Shouldn't have to manipulate the tools available in order to have a pleasant experience. It's like using a website that has so many ads you can't read the content... so you enable an adblocker rather than switching websites.
 
1
•••
Shouldn't have to manipulate the tools available in order to have a pleasant experience. It's like using a website that has so many ads you can't read the content... so you enable an adblocker rather than switching websites.

Oh I agree with that, but I don't expect anyone to do anything for me so at least I end up with a more positive experience with or without others assisting me. This is basically my own adbocker equivalent as you say, unfortunate but at least it works,
 
0
•••
Oh I agree with that, but I don't expect anyone to do anything for me so at least I end up with a more positive experience with or without others assisting me. This is basically my own adbocker equivalent as you say, unfortunate but at least it works,

Fair. I don't find the content of the site worth the hassle 90% of the time. However, that 10% can be quite profitable. If the forum keeps growing my success rate will continue declining. These scenarios need to be thought of and remedied before this flame of a website burns itself out.
 
1
•••
There is a negative effect for the OP regardless of the rules:
You tend to ignore all the threads which come from the same user if they bump 10 threads at the same time.

You should bump a couple (2-3 or 4) every half an hour or an hour to show you care about other people and not bury other threads.
 
2
•••
Might also help to only allow a single user to be on the leaderboard once. Helps eliminate some of the problem.
Says the guy who bumbs every minute
 
0
•••
It would be nice to have timer set on auction instead of bumping and counting and list page would show just ending auctions.. same like in all other platforms..would solve bumping counting problems.. is it doable technically?
 
2
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back