Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
Point and case.

Screen_Shot_2016_11_20_at_7_44_53_PM.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
Per thread. That means a business account an essentially bury the competition.
Nah, threads move down pages quick. The alternative is to eliminate daily bumps which just leads to new thread creation. Basically no different IMO.

•••
how much u want for okay.poker?

•••
•••
Nah, threads move down pages quick. The alternative is to eliminate daily bumps which just leads to new thread creation. Basically no different IMO.

True. Still bumping that many threads and presumably more just detracts from the user experience.

•••
here is an idea .. how about the mighty np coders come up with algrithm to group into one display post all marketplace posts by same member, bumped within say 1 last hour of each other...

that'll do it I think.

•••
Might also help to only allow a single user to be on the leaderboard once. Helps eliminate some of the problem.

•••
New Posts moves quickly. There's little benefit to appearing multiple times on that page/widget. I'd be more concerned about people spreading out the bumps to increase exposure.

Last edited:
•••
New Posts moves quickly. There's little benefit to appearing multiple times on that page/widget. I'd be more concerned about people spreading out the bumps to increase exposure.

It's frustrating from a user's perspective regardless of it provides benefit or not to the individual bumping. The success of this forum stems from the profit people see from trading here. Few people would pay to play here if they knew they'd make no money. I suppose my point is a better experience might lead to increased sales thereby increasing your user base and subscriptions.

•••
•••
It is highly irritating but fortunately there is a simple solution i.e. block users that bump too many threads in one go. I have been doing just that and now my browsing experience is a far more pleasant one.

•••
It is highly irritating but fortunately there is a simple solution i.e. block users that bump too many threads in one go. I have been doing just that and now my browsing experience is a far more pleasant one.

Shouldn't have to manipulate the tools available in order to have a pleasant experience. It's like using a website that has so many ads you can't read the content... so you enable an adblocker rather than switching websites.

•••
Shouldn't have to manipulate the tools available in order to have a pleasant experience. It's like using a website that has so many ads you can't read the content... so you enable an adblocker rather than switching websites.

Oh I agree with that, but I don't expect anyone to do anything for me so at least I end up with a more positive experience with or without others assisting me. This is basically my own adbocker equivalent as you say, unfortunate but at least it works,

•••
Oh I agree with that, but I don't expect anyone to do anything for me so at least I end up with a more positive experience with or without others assisting me. This is basically my own adbocker equivalent as you say, unfortunate but at least it works,

Fair. I don't find the content of the site worth the hassle 90% of the time. However, that 10% can be quite profitable. If the forum keeps growing my success rate will continue declining. These scenarios need to be thought of and remedied before this flame of a website burns itself out.

•••
There is a negative effect for the OP regardless of the rules:
You tend to ignore all the threads which come from the same user if they bump 10 threads at the same time.

You should bump a couple (2-3 or 4) every half an hour or an hour to show you care about other people and not bury other threads.

•••
Might also help to only allow a single user to be on the leaderboard once. Helps eliminate some of the problem.
Says the guy who bumbs every minute

•••
It would be nice to have timer set on auction instead of bumping and counting and list page would show just ending auctions.. same like in all other platforms..would solve bumping counting problems.. is it doable technically?

•••

I think people love to see their posts there. even if short time, it gives great exposure.

Last edited:
•••
These scenarios need to be thought of and remedied
We thought of them long ago, but the solutions take a long time to build at our scale. The solutions are coming, and we're not going anywhere but up once they're ready ;)

•••
We thought of them long ago, but the solutions take a long time to build at our scale. The solutions are coming, and we're not going anywhere but up once they're ready ;)

I thought to turn myself in for the felony but the judge didn't care.

;)

Hope to see some improvements!

•••
Just set up the rules and close these threads if they don't follow the rules.
Why do we need to implement hacks to babysit these people?

These bumps look ridiculous and make the site looks unprofessional!

•••
It's an economics problem (i.e. bumping is "free", and the benefits of bumping to the bumper are non-negative). A direct economic solution would be to charge money to (a) start a thread and (b) bump in one's own thread. Anything else is just an indirect attempt to arrive at the same direct solution.

[one can put in 'safeguards' though, to achieve a signal/noise balance, e.g. a certain number of free threads per month or replies/bumps per month, that won't affect 95% of users, while curbing the abuse of the 5%]

Of course, one might have to take into account people using multiple accounts to bump each other's threads.....that might require charging for all posts, with a quote of free ones per month. If the cost is small enough (a few cents), it shouldn't affect most people.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back