Dynadot

Suggestion: Regarding bump

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have a suggestion to limit the number of bumps either to 1 per day or even better as "A member cannot bump his/her thread more than X times in a thread consecutively.

Bumped threads are quite annoying out here, specially threads like this

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You are annoying with this story: you haven't read the NamePros rules because a bump every 24 hours is allowed.
Moreover you have violated the rules in my auction thread:

BUYER RULES

1. No Comments in Sales threads. Clarifications can be done via pm.

Finally you have opened this thread with the clear intention of denigration of my auction thread which you have linked putting it in a bad light respect all the NamePros readers and potential bidders!

•••
I have a suggestion to limit the number of bumps either to 1 per day or even better as "A member cannot bump his/her thread more than X times in a thread consecutively.

Bumped threads are quite annoying out here, specially threads like this

Why does his threads bother you?
He is following the 24 hour bump rule, and his threads reflect that.

Help us out...What is your suggestion for bumped threads?

•••
I have a suggestion to limit the number of bumps either to 1 per day

That is already a rule. If you look at his bumps you will see that he has actually complied with this rule as well (of course a bit of ambiguity occurs with 1 per day and generally translates as once every 24 hours).

I do agree however that the thread went on for too long. It may be worth having a rule that states that an auction must close x days after it started irrespective of whether were any bids. The thread you showed as an example is going on for too long in my opinion.

•••
If there is a time limit set to them, they will simply create a new thread with the same information in it. It is preferred that they have the one thread and then bump it. It creates less clutter in the forums.

Last edited:
•••
How about 2 bumps allowed per thread, after which a small NP$ donation is required for each bump thereafter!.:!:

If there is a time limit set to them, they will simply create a new thread with the same information in it. It is preferred that they have the one thread and then bump it. It creates less clutter in the forums.

•••
Is there a way on vB (not familiar with forum software) where instead of actually having to reply to your own thread you can just click a button and it will bump it up? If there was you could somehow set it so it would only work for the topic starter and only be active after 24 hours or so?

Just brainstorming.

•••
Example that the OP gave is a good example imo of a member FOLLOWING the rules not breaking them.. I agree with NPQ that there is no point making members make another thread .. and as long as they follow rules, which this member did I do not see the problem :-/

I, along with other mods/tls and admin often delete bumps if they are before time..

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back