IT.COM

.life - Anyone see any value in this ext?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dgmweb

Established Member
Impact
I've picked up a handful of them, just curious what others' thoughts are on this extension.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
There's value if the domain makes sense from a marketing standpoint. Blockchain makes no sense in the extension. And if I'm not mistaken the $81 is the price to register and renew, not an end-user sale price. However, correct me if I'm wrong.

•••
$1.17 at 1and1...

p.s. ~110K as of today...

•••
•••
.life - One of the best new gTLDs.

•••
blockchain.life doesn`t make sense to me.

If you have something which makes sense with the extension than it is okay.

Would you like to share what you registered?

•••
No

Blockchain.life $81 (n)

I have: Network.Life

Google:

Blockchain - About 18,600,000 results
Network - About 2,370,000,000 results

"blockchain life" - About 1,360 results
"network life" - About 255,000 results

And it's still not the kind of domains that domainers should buy for profit ! :)

•••
My - New.Life

Google:

"blockchain life".......... - 1,360 results.
"new life" .......... ..- 95,300,000 results.

The difference is almost a 100,000 times.

"blockchain life" - for end users - Good domain, for domainers - bad!

"new life" - for end users - one of the Best domains, for domainers - perfect!

But "Google" of course is only one of the indicators.

Last edited:
•••
Hey thanks for the replies folks, some good info there.

I reg'd guitar4.life and guitars4.life for about $1 or so each a few months back. Figured I'd do something with them at some point. :)

•••
Agreed.

Ugh, that's pretty dismal considering the impact of the Blockchain...

Companies want .com or if it is an Blockchain initiative they will go with a .org.

https://namestat.org/s/newgtld-summary

78852_a37472fe97ab705c8db17dbe67bbc99f.png

•••
•••
blockchain.life doesn`t make sense to me.

If you have something which makes sense with the extension than it is okay.

Would you like to share what you registered?
Here are a few:
undocumented life
transcribe life
describe life
wonderful life
magic life

and several others along those lines.

•••
•••
•••
•••
I definitely see branding possibilities in the extension for end-users, but on a name-by-name basis. "wonderful.life" for example would be a great site for inspirational quotes or other positivity, while something like "musicfor.life" could be a charity group or event.

•••
•••
Nice names!
Thanks Lite! Coming up on 3rd anniversary and time to renew. They're premium and getting 'heavy' to carry.:xf.grin:

•••
Not so sure about this one...

Apart from a small handful of decent ones that migth make sense:

Half.Life
ItsMy.Life
Love.Life
GetA.Life

I don't think there is a enough combinations that make sense for this extension to sustain itself in the long run... just my 2 cents, I could be wrong.

Last edited:
•••
I don't have any, but it's a great extension with a long shelf life. I've seen some great fits here in the forum.

No value because "blockchain" and "life" are a clunky fit, and make no sense.

Love how some people base an entire extension on how their one poorly chosen name has fared in terms of sales.

•••
Yes, I was watching both blockchain.link and blockchain.life..

Imo blockchain.life really does not make any sense at all, so I am surprised it actually went for 81 USD..

On the other hand, blockchain.link does make lot of sense, great domain. I also like the fact that it was secured with pretty low, standard renewal, which is great benefit for future buyer too .. so I hope owner will sell it nicely :)

•••
As per .life extension, as far as I know it is one of the most favourite between new gTLD investors..and some "big boys" from .com times also owns some pretty good names there (although when I was checking last time most of them are under privacy now, but as I am following it from the beginning I am pretty sure which names belongs to whom. They will not confirm it, but it is their right and I am fine with it)

So valuable extension imo..but all really good names were secured by investors long time ago..it is pretty difficult at the moment to get something decent without huge budget. So if someone say at the moment that he "picked handful of them", chances are this "handful" will not be of very good quality, unless there is a huge surprise :) You know, it is not only me, but also lot of other new gTLD investors I know who are basically drop catching every decent .life name..

•••
I don't think there's much value in just sticking a popular keyword in front of the .life extension, it has to make some sense.

How about expatriate.life

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back