NameSilo

LED and Laser TV

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

TP

Established Member
Impact
2
Last edited:
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
I have
OledScreen (eu)
OledPanel (eu)
OledHDTV (eu)
HDLCD (eu)
HDLCDTV (eu)

ok, these are .EUs, but good keywords nonetheless, right? :)
 
0
•••
ssamriga said:
I have
OledScreen (eu)
OledPanel (eu)
OledHDTV (eu)
HDLCD (eu)
HDLCDTV (eu)

ok, these are .EUs, but good keywords nonetheless, right? :)

.EUs are good
 
0
•••
Jiblob said:
.EUs are good


most people don't think that unfortunately.
Me as a EU citizen, I hope .eu really soon becomes the next best thing after .com, and .net, but then again there's .info and .de... and .org of course which is always used inappropriately in commerce...
 
0
•••
.asia also good for new register
 
0
•••
0
•••
VisionEdger said:
i suggest you catch up on your reading as OLED is THE next wave in tvs. 10 yeras away? where did you get that number?

You say: OLED and two-way TV's are decades away from hitting the shelves since they're still in the initial developmental stage

Sony releases its first OLED TV next month and the others will follow within 1 - 2 years with larger OLED tvs.

PS; I suggest you research more before you give your opinion on a subject you think you know.



Its not hard if your research and see what is actually going on in a technology!



pretty useless post




sure. lets all forget the fact that oled will replace lcd and plasma. get off it!

If you DID your research on this matter you would know that the 11 inch sony oled is set to come out at about 2k. And that pannel is going to have a VERY short life span while your plasmas and lcd's are now rated at 25 years or 60,000 hours for the most part. OLED's are in a VERY early developmental stage and heck a consumer grade oled hasn't even been announced and won't be out in the next 3-5 years probably. And even than it's going to be a special order item just like when LCD/plasma came out. OLED's are going to be a big thing but not any time soon. Who's planning on paying 2000 dollars for a 11 inch screen that won't last that long? Not many.

Like I originally said oled's won't be in your local sears or bestbuy for around a decade. Next time research the matter instead of spitting out your opinions and labeling them as a fact while blasting other people. Thanks.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
planoali said:
If you DID your research on this matter you would know that the 11 inch sony oled is set to come out at about 2k. And that pannel is going to have a VERY short life span while your plasmas and lcd's are now rated at 25 years or 60,000 hours for the most part. OLED's are in a VERY early developmental stage and heck a consumer grade oled hasn't even been announced and won't be out in the next 3-5 years probably. And even than it's going to be a special order item just like when LCD/plasma came out. OLED's are going to be a big thing but not any time soon. Who's planning on paying 2000 dollars for a 11 inch screen that won't last that long? Not many.

Like I originally said oled's won't be in your local sears or bestbuy for around a decade. Next time research the matter instead of spitting out your opinions and labeling them as a fact while blasting other people. Thanks.

and your facts outweigh mine? come on buddy. a decade? then why is samsung coming out with a 40" for 2009 for retail?

ps u research the matter and stop spewing out what u so call fact as well!! thanks? i should think not!!! why is your fing opinion better or more researched then mine byt the way??
 
0
•••
I have read on so many sites, the problems with OLED displays, and from what ive seen they will take some time to mature.

Laser Television technology is going to be out this Christmas, sure, they had problems with it at first and they have developed it and overcome hurdles in order to make the sets commercially viable.

I suspect that this will be the case for the exciting OLED technologies. The articles that I have read, suggest that OLED displays need to be developed further before they can be released commercially.

OLED screens suggest that their TVs will be thin and less power consuming, Yet Laser TVs promise better picture quality than ever before.

I don't understand why people aren't getting excited about Laser TV sets, but they are about an OLED screens.

Id be amazed to see a better quality screen than a HD Plasma/LCD screen, cause it doesnt seem like they could get any better with some of them.

- Luke B-)
 
0
•••
i got BLUELED.NET
and got some **led.com

i found that most user of **led.com is from china.
 
0
•••
Lol, blue LED?
 
0
•••
just got ledmovies.com.?maybe one day it will be a good reg. :$:
 
0
•••
VisionEdger said:
and your facts outweigh mine? come on buddy. a decade? then why is samsung coming out with a 40" for 2009 for retail?

ps u research the matter and stop spewing out what u so call fact as well!! thanks? i should think not!!! why is your fing opinion better or more researched then mine byt the way??
Yes a decade until they become mainstream like I said. The 40 inch model that Samsung is coming out with is going to be well over 10,000 dollars so why don't you do some research and quit sending me harassing emails showing your ignorance to this matter. Thanks I'd appreciate that and I'll even post some info for you to read up on since it looks like your caught up in some unrealistic hype.

Here's some quick facts for you and please stop posting replies to my posts with out presenting any evidence or facts. Anyways....

1.) Sony(with help from Toyota) is coming out with an 11 inch oled for roughly 2,000 USD. That panel is also going to have a short lifespan since they haven't fixed that problem yet.

2.) OLED can produce great black levels since they have a very high DYNAMIC contrast ratio but their NATIVE contrast is subpar thus creating darker color shades.

3.) Like I mentioned in #1 the lifespan of OLED is very low and theres no indication out there yet that mentions it will go up yet. This is a major problem since who wants to pay that much for a tv that will have colors fading in around 5000 hours or 2 years (in some tests)? Also theres been countless reports of oxygen deteriorating the diodes on the oled screens.

4.) Many companies are not set on the oled's and might never be since it has a lot of drawbacks.

There's a lot more info out there on why OLED's aren't that great but personally I think they'll stick along with the lcd's while plasmas will start to fade out slowly except for media room use. However OLED's won't take any noticeable share of the market for about a decade.

VisionEdger, please only post a reply with some real proof instead of random useless thoughts that get people caught up in some nonsense hype.

Any btw I sell home theater for a living so I have to stay up to date on everything.

edit: Also according to informationweek:

OLED-TV shipments worldwide are expected to increase to 1.2 million units in 2012 from 8,000 this year, iSuppli said. This would amount to a revenue increase to $691 million from less than $1 million. These numbers, however, reflect a very small share of the overall TV market, accounting for less than half of 1% of the 242.7 million TVs expected to ship in 2011.

http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=199702339


So in five years from now oled's will have LESS than a half a percent (.005) of TV sales. Hmmm interesting.....
 
Last edited:
0
•••
blah blah

planoali said:
Yes a decade until they become mainstream like I said. The 40 inch model that Samsung is coming out with is going to be well over 10,000 dollars so why don't you do some research and quit sending me harassing emails showing your ignorance to this matter. Thanks I'd appreciate that and I'll even post some info for you to read up on since it looks like your caught up in some unrealistic hype.

Here's some quick facts for you and please stop posting replies to my posts with out presenting any evidence or facts. Anyways....

1.) Sony(with help from Toyota) is coming out with an 11 inch oled for roughly 2,000 USD. That panel is also going to have a short lifespan since they haven't fixed that problem yet.

2.) OLED can produce great black levels since they have a very high DYNAMIC contrast ratio but their NATIVE contrast is subpar thus creating darker color shades.

3.) Like I mentioned in #1 the lifespan of OLED is very low and theres no indication out there yet that mentions it will go up yet. This is a major problem since who wants to pay that much for a tv that will have colors fading in around 5000 hours or 2 years (in some tests)? Also theres been countless reports of oxygen deteriorating the diodes on the oled screens.

4.) Many companies are not set on the oled's and might never be since it has a lot of drawbacks.

There's a lot more info out there on why OLED's aren't that great but personally I think they'll stick along with the lcd's while plasmas will start to fade out slowly except for media room use. However OLED's won't take any noticeable share of the market for about a decade.

VisionEdger, please only post a reply with some real proof instead of random useless thoughts that get people caught up in some nonsense hype.

Any btw I sell home theater for a living so I have to stay up to date on everything.

edit: Also according to informationweek:



http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=199702339


So in five years from now oled's will have LESS than a half a percent (.005) of TV sales. Hmmm interesting.....


I am SO impressed with your vast knowledge on this subject that I am beside myself. thanks for your incredibly in depth outlook and that visionary prediction of an indsutry you obviously are so qualified for selling tvs. I will certainly disregard all the data I have read and stick with your voluminous intellect on this subject!!! NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

VisionEdger said:
I am SO impressed with your vast knowledge on this subject that I am beside myself. thanks for your incredibly in depth outlook and that visionary prediction of an indsutry you obviously are so qualified for selling tvs. I will certainly disregard all the data I have read and stick with your voluminous intellect on this subject!!! NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also suggest you read more and get YOUR facts straight!! Life is 30000 hrs on oled continuous use NOT 5000 hrs. Also OLED is WAY cheaper than LED and plasma to maufaccture so OLED prices will drop faster then those due to the lower cost of manufacturing oled. Initially profits will be made and prices will be higher as any new tech but you CANNOT compare LCD /Plasma to OLED technology.

So with that said I suggest you stop spewing out info until you know what you are talking about also youngster.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
VisionEdger said:
I also suggest you read more and get YOUR facts straight!! Life is 30000 hrs on oled continuous use NOT 5000 hrs. Also OLED is WAY cheaper than LED and plasma to maufaccture so OLED prices will drop faster then those due to the lower cost of manufacturing oled. Initially profits will be made and prices will be higher as any new tech but you CANNOT compare LCD /Plasma to OLED technology.

So with that said I suggest you stop spewing out info until you know what you are talking about also youngster.

I also suggest that you put a truthful date of birth on your profile
 
0
•••
VisionEdger said:
I am SO impressed with your vast knowledge on this subject that I am beside myself. thanks for your incredibly in depth outlook and that visionary prediction of an indsutry you obviously are so qualified for selling tvs. I will certainly disregard all the data I have read and stick with your voluminous intellect on this subject!!! NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!



I also suggest you read more and get YOUR facts straight!! Life is 30000 hrs on oled continuous use NOT 5000 hrs. Also OLED is WAY cheaper than LED and plasma to maufaccture so OLED prices will drop faster then those due to the lower cost of manufacturing oled. Initially profits will be made and prices will be higher as any new tech but you CANNOT compare LCD /Plasma to OLED technology.

So with that said I suggest you stop spewing out info until you know what you are talking about also youngster.
Yeah I guess a 11 inch oled is cheaper than a 52 inch lcd with better specs :rolleyes:


The biggest technical problem for OLEDs is the limited lifetime of the organic materials. In particular, blue OLEDs typically have lifetimes of around 5,000 hours when used for flat-panel displays, which is lower than typical lifetimes of LCD, LED or PDP technology – each currently rated for about 60,000 hours, depending on manufacturer and model.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oled

hmm so 5,000 hours is right.
 
0
•••
2

this wikpedia data is not current so I suggest you look at other sources as well for info
the end. get the drift?

Jiblob said:
I also suggest that you put a truthful date of birth on your profile

?????????????????????

sure blob whatever u like
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Why dont you correct it and state your source!... see if it gets edited back?
 
0
•••
ps

Jiblob said:
Why dont you correct it and state your source!... see if it gets edited back?

look it up blob
 
0
•••
VisionEdger said:
this wikpedia data is not current so I suggest you look at other sources as well for info
the end. get the drift?



?????????????????????

sure blob whatever u like
You keep posting nonsense posts with no sources and have yet to refute any of the points that I have pointed out earlier. You can go ahead and believe this inflated oled hype all you want. By the way Sony is only going to produce a maximum of 2,000 of those oled's per month since they know theres going to be no demand for a 11 inch screen priced at about 2,000 usd. Also another interesting note about sony's 11 inch screen is that it isn't HD.


So who out there is planning to fish out $2000 usd for a non high-def 11" screen?
 
0
•••
last post

planoali said:
You keep posting nonsense posts with no sources and have yet to refute any of the points that I have pointed out earlier. You can go ahead and believe this inflated oled hype all you want. By the way Sony is only going to produce a maximum of 2,000 of those oled's per month since they know theres going to be no demand for a 11 inch screen priced at about 2,000 usd. Also another interesting note about sony's 11 inch screen is that it isn't HD.


So who out there is planning to fish out $2000 usd for a non high-def 11" screen?


sources? who needs any stinking sources?

Who has the $$$$ to buy these? is this a real question? man I suggest you start thinking bigger buddy!
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back