Laser TV - 4 Months Later

SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Impact
6,441
Hello all,

It was just a few months ago that the LaserTV was first announced for '07/'08 and we discussed it on here as a prospect for wise domain investment.

Many said that it wouldn't take off and that no company other than Mitsubishi would get on board. This is still a possibility as the technology has not been released yet, but I think that there is a good chance that it will take off with the large interest that Laser TVs have received at this years CES!

At the CES, Sony unveiled their system named and trademarked the 'SXRD'. Surely if Sony has started developing this technology, it has to be a step in a positive direction! Also, deals have been met with Laser companies to produce the hardware required for the systems.

Did anyone grasp the great opportunity to invest for this technology when the Laser TV systems were first announced?

You may wish to view the following articles (including images and videos) related to the Laser TV: -
http://www.coherent.com/flash/Laser_TV_KRON/
http://www.unbeatable.co.uk/news/Sonys-new-products-showed-at-CES-2007/281820.html
http://optics.org/cws/Articles/ViewArticle.do?channel=business&articleId=26702
http://www.technologyreview.com/Nanotech/17973/
http://www.i4u.com/article7504.html
http://www.eetimes.com/news/semi/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=196702361
http://www.i4u.com/article7451.html

- Luke B-)
 
Last edited:
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Did anyone grasp the great opportunity to invest for this technology when the Laser TV systems were first announced?

Since I am in the television industry, I did manage to register a couple:
LaserLight.tv
LaserLightTV.com
LaserTelevison.com
 
0
•••
0
•••
Some nice domains there guys, Ive pretty much tried to kept to .CO.UK domains as the .COM domains got snapped up:-

LaserTelevision.co.uk
LaserTVs.info
SXRD.co.uk
Arasor.co.uk

I'm practically certain that the new television technology will be a success as so many big companies are investing in the technology... Sony, Samsung, Mitsubishi.

I can't wait! Woohoo!

- Luke :)
 
0
•••
Jiblob said:
... Surely if Sony has started developing this technology, it has to be a step in a positive direction! ....

Hmmm...
Who did develop the BetaMax, DAT Player or LaserDisc ?
Wasn´t that Sony too ?
A brand name does not at all justyfy trust (Most topnotch inventions are from newcomers or universities).
Laser TVs are just another form of the since aprox. 5 years existing laser projectors (Wich in fact are state of the art).

But, YES I also think this might get some attention in the next 2-3 years.
 
0
•••
I only have one, LaserTVs.biz

Regged with .biz promotion
 
0
•••
I have laserTVs.us and I think I have a couple of the .ca ones. Nice to hear the news, thanks.
 
0
•••
nRnF said:
Hmmm...
Who did develop the BetaMax, DAT Player or LaserDisc ?
Wasn´t that Sony too ?
A brand name does not at all justyfy trust (Most topnotch inventions are from newcomers or universities).
Laser TVs are just another form of the since aprox. 5 years existing laser projectors (Wich in fact are state of the art).

But, YES I also think this might get some attention in the next 2-3 years.

The Laser TV technology has come about from a reasonably small company called 'Arasor' which recently went on to the stock market to raise money to develop the technology. The technology was not invented by Sony, Mitsubishi or Samsung, they have only been granted access to the technology.
 
0
•••
I have LaserTVForum.com
 
0
•••
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back