NameSilo

question Leather products' domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
My friends and I are planning a small, hand-made leather products' brand.
Puzzled with the name solutions. It obviously needs to be .com, but that is all we agreed on:)
It should be catchy, fresh, at the same time have some solid, serious patterns to it. Can be a made-up name, if it is brandable.
What are your ideas?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
We have both:

upload_2019-12-23_6-31-1.png

We would be seeking retail pricing as we're not a wholesaler, so if you're interested then PM with offers....... best of luck!

•••
My friends and I are planning a small, hand-made leather products' brand.
Puzzled with the name solutions. It obviously needs to be .com, but that is all we agreed on:)
It should be catchy, fresh, at the same time have some solid, serious patterns to it. Can be a made-up name, if it is brandable.
What are your ideas?
Wow nice, I have a leather workshop too...planning to go online soon at the beginning of 2020...been doing it as a hobby/passion for the past 3 years :)

What were the odds to find someone here😅

•••
Wow nice, I have a leather workshop too...planning to go online soon at the beginning of 2020...been doing it as a hobby/passion for the past 3 years :)

What were the odds to find someone here😅

indeed:) good luck with the business! tell us the website once launched!

•••
indeed:) good luck with the business! tell us the website once launched!
Sure, will do...as for the name, it can be quite easy to find one..But the domain needs to have leather as a keyword in it..you can add letters in front or at the end, could be country code, ur names or even merging names together. And also it depends what type of products u guys planning on making? I'll try to find some names and forward it to you.

•••
I am really tempted to buy l.eco , which is short and sweet, at the same time may mean "leather company"

•••
I am really tempted to buy l.eco , which is short and sweet, at the same time may mean "leather company"
It's nice and short...but it doesn't stand out...it will be hard for people to find you without the leather keyword in it..dm me some info, where u are located and how u guys join together..all these Info might contribute to having a good name which stands out.

•••
I agree, but I'd also avoid the word "leather" in the domain name, unless its leather.com .net or .org, or .me, which is ... impossible. I find anything added to "leather" in the domain name too obvious and too long.

I would prefer 4L or 5L .com with short, brandable, meaningful sounding..

thanks for the ideas anyway!

•••
domain with Leather not so cool or brandable, look for domain with word "chrome" which is also mean leather :)

•••
I have
Chromes.net in auction for very cheap now.

•••
for more generic (no leather in the name) brands, you could try;

Appareling . com

Uniquable . com

Clothea . com

BrownOtter . com

Ophyx . com

•••
•••
•••
Leather is basic in every wardrobe all year around. I suggest a solid brand name people will remember. Top leather brands do not use leather word in their name, they sell a Concept instead..

BasicYou. com

Additionally I can recommend a catchy name that triggers curiosity:

Yodita. com
Discover. info

All the best!

Last edited:
•••
Leather is basic in every wardrobe all year around. I suggest a solid brand name people will remember. Top leather brands do not use leather word in their name, they sell a Concept instead..

Agree

•••
Tot

BasicYou. com

Additionally I can recommend a catchy name that triggers curiosity:

Yodita. com
Discover. info

All the best!
Totally disagree, most famous Leather stores that I know have the word leather in them.....Because leather is a specific Niche unless you are selling other items in that store besides leather then u can have a brand name without the word leather in it..Not even a Catchy name without the word leather in it will do the Job, unless u are "Louis vuitton" "Gucci" etc.. ur business is going to struggle and Good Luck getting traffic...with that said, have an awesome festive holidays.

•••
most famous Leather stores that I know have the word leather in them

No such store name comes to my mind...

The best leather brands in Europe (which to me are the best in the world) never had any English word in them...No matter small or big brand.

The point is to have an idea behind the brand, not just the name, because whether you name it nakedleather, leatherme, or myleather, or ourleather, or leatherfun, or else...the buyer will forget the name. S/he will think "what was the name, leatherbest? or bestleather?.

Unless they remember that name associated with something. For example Corium, which means leather in Latin. They will never forget it, once they know they idea behind it.

Anyways, thanks for holiday wishes. Wishing you the same.

•••
Very funny you ended up mentioning top clothing brands with no leather word on them.. 😂 and couldn't even point at not one single big brand with the word leather on it directly linked to their brand.

Think, Harley Davidson.. it would have never become what it is today if merely named as, LongBeardsMotosandLeatherJackets.com ☺

I guess we all but you, can see the point 👉 here.

Tot

Totally disagree, most famous Leather stores that I know have the word leather in them.....Because leather is a specific Niche unless you are selling other items in that store besides leather then u can have a brand name without the word leather in it..Not even a Catchy name without the word leather in it will do the Job, unless u are "Louis vuitton" "Gucci" etc.. ur business is going to struggle and Good Luck getting traffic...with that said, have an awesome festive holidays.

Last edited:
•••
Very funny you ended up mentioning top clothing brands with no leather word on them.. 😂 and couldn't even point at not one single big brand with the word leather on it directly linked to their brand.

Think, Harley Davidson.. it would have never become what it is today if merely named as, LongBeardsMotosandLeatherJackets.com ☺

I guess we all but you, can see the point 👉 here.
Very funny how you didn't read the OP post/ what it says and made this comment...I guess you need to go back to school again

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back