Domain Empire

.us Largest holders of LLL.us domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Here are the major players in the LLL.us industry. Scan on 4/3/08 (updated from 3-20-08) produced the following email contacts that hold over 100 LLL.us domains:

Andyshelby[at]msn.com 1881 (-2)
….[at]domainservice.com 1153
brokerage[at]buydomains.com 803
ron[at]ronjackson.com 778
peaches017[at]gmail.com 736
info[at]englebrite.com 667 (+65)
ngcinc[at]gmail.com 511
ENOM 460
domains[at]aylasoft.com 355
wdinco[at]yahoo.com 324 (+324 previously not on the 100+ list)
noreply[at]prophetpartners.com 313
lionheartt[at]aol.com 208
hostmaster[at]titan.net 198
domain[at]hiosilver.com 166
dkennedy93[at]gmail.com 154
closeout[at]gmail.com 153 (+153 -- previously not on the 100+ list)
paul[at]wordlore.com 120
scrsteven[at]gmail.com 119 (+3)
info[at]3gtrading.com 117
twebgroup[at]yahoo.com 109
sales[at]thenamesstore.com 105
fmmediainc[at]verizon.net 0 (-343)

This scan does not account for the fact one person may have more than one email address.

This post is meant for informational purposes only. Do not email these people unless you are genuinely interested in purchasing their domains.

Scans take time and bandwidth. If you want to donate NP$ or $ to help sponsor future scans, please do so. Paypal account: fonzfonzie3[at]yahoo.com So far, 2 people have donated.

The full scanned list may be available for sale. PM me for details.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Looks like we have a new player in town, pool caught CKW.us today.

•••
would love an update on this

•••
dsiomtw said:
Just FYI since I've received a lot of emails since this thread started ... that's me up on top and I don't sell to domainers at wholesale prices. Sorry. :)

Post by Largest holder of LLL.us:)

"I was the one that sold those. Don't let my sale give you the wrong idea - no one likes LLL.US more than me. I still have over 1,000 of them (that are only being sold to end users). I wanted to sell these other names very quickly, and required a minimum purchase of 100 at a time, so I thought $45 was a fair price. I wouldn't let the "low" price of these names affect your opinion of .US in any way. Big discounts are the norm when you buy in bulk. I bought these names mostly in blocks of 100-200 and paid an average of about $12-14 for them (at the time non-premium LLL.US were selling for about $20-25)."

hmmmm....

Last edited:
•••
tzsxc said:
Post by Largest holder of LLL.us:)

"I was the one that sold those. Don't let my sale give you the wrong idea - no one likes LLL.US more than me. I still have over 1,000 of them (that are only being sold to end users). I wanted to sell these other names very quickly, and required a minimum purchase of 100 at a time, so I thought $45 was a fair price. I wouldn't let the "low" price of these names affect your opinion of .US in any way. Big discounts are the norm when you buy in bulk. I bought these names mostly in blocks of 100-200 and paid an average of about $12-14 for them (at the time non-premium LLL.US were selling for about $20-25)."

hmmmm....
I can say that from my interaction with Patrick in the past he is: 1) a good guy, and 2) his actions of selling in bulk really surprised me. I believe he had a change in strategy and all the buyers on his domains got steals.

I'll try to post a new list of the largest LLL.us holders in the next few days.

NP$ and $ donations via pp are always appreciated.

Thanks to Jugusa for the last donation.

•••
Yeah just so you guys know I'll clarify a little. Basically I got into domains a few years ago as a "side project" in addition to my other business. Awhile ago though I decided I need to just focus on my primary business 110%. I don't have the time to be a reseller and/or flip domains, and so I only sell to end users. I have kept every single premium .US I've ever owned, and simply sold off what I considered to be my non-premium names, so that others who have the time and desire to work with them can do just that. Resellers can make money flipping names like qxa.us all day long, but that's just not me. And of the few 1000 non-premium names I've sold to resellers (these recent lll.us and the ton I sold in my last big sale) I always sold them very cheaply to help make sure resellers can make some profits too. Simple as that...

•••
Here's another little bonus with Dsiomtw's names. Most of them aren't parked, they go to his sales page. So you plug them into your favorite local parking company and sometimes get a nice surprise :)

•••
New results posted. Donations are appreciated.

Also, I've added ENOM to the list as they are squatting on a large number of domains...

•••
•••
Nice to see you posting again... :)

•••
Good to see you hanging strong in that list, Fonz!

•••
Derek had the big jump out of anyone on the list...

•••
MrPasha said:
Anyone know what LLL.US has fetched the biggest bucks?

I've sold several in the $200-$400 range. I would assume many have gone higher that are actual words or real meanings though, like car.us or gas.us. I have CPR.us myself that I'm holding out for the right buyer or development.

I would have made that list at one time, but sold in bulk to a couple of those currently on the list.

Last edited:
•••
Interesting information but I feel this is not the right thing to do.

Putting there email addresses up in here.

•••
fonzie_007 said:
Derek had the big jump out of anyone on the list...

Have been completely inactive for a couple of months now too, heavily into developing something. I did turn down a $250 offer on brakes.us and a $300 offer on gems.us though, lol :)

•••
The top holders own 8,878 out 17,576 total available. It comes out to be about 50%

•••
New list to be published shortly.

•••
fonzie_007 said:
New list to be published shortly.

Look forward to it, no big jump for me on this one, sold one bought 5. Last time I think the sudden jump was the 200 I picked up from Patrick and the 30 or so picked up during drop season. GD wins on price, Patrick wins on availability :)

•••
•••
Patrick lost 356

I gained 20 :)

Nice work.

Np$ donated to you :)

Last edited:
•••
Some very BIG news in the LLL.us industry. Check out the latest results from my 3-20-08 scan.

•••
interesting stuff fonz, thanks for the update

•••
fonzie_007 said:
Some very BIG news in the LLL.us industry. Check out the latest results from my 3-20-08 scan.

Interesting. I wonder what BD pays in bulk...

•••
Lasher said:
Interesting. I wonder what BD pays in bulk...

That is missing the bigger picture in my opinion. The fact that they bought 800+ us domains is the point. I don't think you will see them sell for less than $x,xxx and the quality of those letters appears low.

•••
Fundraiser said:
That is missing the bigger picture in my opinion. The fact that they bought 800+ us domains is the point. I don't think you will see them sell for less than $x,xxx and the quality of those letters appears low.

The "point" depends on your outlook. The potential to hand pick a few favorites and get out is not completely unappealing. Then again, one of my long term reasons for buying .US in the first place was possible loss of USA control over Icann making .US more relevant at home and the chance of that seems to at least be on the table again.

As for "I don't think you will see them sell for less than $x,xxx" - not seeing them sell period would make that statement still true :)

•••
Lasher said:
The "point" depends on your outlook. The potential to hand pick a few favorites and get out is not completely unappealing. Then again, one of my long term reasons for buying .US in the first place was possible loss of USA control over Icann making .US more relevant at home and the chance of that seems to at least be on the table again.

As for "I don't think you will see them sell for less than $x,xxx" - not seeing them sell period would make that statement still true :)
I just had a x,xxx sale on one of my LLL.us the other day.

Fundraiser's point is exactly right. BD gobbled up ~800 domains, which they will not sell for less than about $1,500. This will place a greater pinch on the supply of LLL.us (on the reseller market). The fact is that there still needs to be buyers willing to pay x,xxx+ for the domains, but at the very least, I would expect reseller prices to go up.

There is also another significant point to be taken from BD's buy. They do not buy unless they believe they are getting a very good deal (remember my past post about them offering $25 for one of my LLL.coms?). I am not sure of the specifics behind BD's purchase (in terms of what price they paid), but this signifies to me that: (1) BD see potential in the LLL.us market, and (2) whatever price they paid for the domains was substantially lower than what BD believes the domains are truly worth.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back