Domain Empire

.us Largest holders of LLL.us domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Here are the major players in the LLL.us industry. Scan on 4/3/08 (updated from 3-20-08) produced the following email contacts that hold over 100 LLL.us domains:

Andyshelby[at]msn.com 1881 (-2)
….[at]domainservice.com 1153
brokerage[at]buydomains.com 803
ron[at]ronjackson.com 778
peaches017[at]gmail.com 736
info[at]englebrite.com 667 (+65)
ngcinc[at]gmail.com 511
ENOM 460
domains[at]aylasoft.com 355
wdinco[at]yahoo.com 324 (+324 previously not on the 100+ list)
noreply[at]prophetpartners.com 313
lionheartt[at]aol.com 208
hostmaster[at]titan.net 198
domain[at]hiosilver.com 166
dkennedy93[at]gmail.com 154
closeout[at]gmail.com 153 (+153 -- previously not on the 100+ list)
paul[at]wordlore.com 120
scrsteven[at]gmail.com 119 (+3)
info[at]3gtrading.com 117
twebgroup[at]yahoo.com 109
sales[at]thenamesstore.com 105
fmmediainc[at]verizon.net 0 (-343)

This scan does not account for the fact one person may have more than one email address.

This post is meant for informational purposes only. Do not email these people unless you are genuinely interested in purchasing their domains.

Scans take time and bandwidth. If you want to donate NP$ or $ to help sponsor future scans, please do so. Paypal account: fonzfonzie3[at]yahoo.com So far, 2 people have donated.

The full scanned list may be available for sale. PM me for details.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
fonzie_007 said:
There is also another significant point to be taken from BD's buy. They do not buy unless they believe they are getting a very good deal (remember my past post about them offering $25 for one of my LLL.coms?). I am not sure of the specifics behind BD's purchase (in terms of what price they paid), but this signifies to me that: (1) BD see potential in the LLL.us market, and (2) whatever price they paid for the domains was substantially lower than what BD believes the domains are truly worth.

I definitely agree with that, if BD starts to market them and make sales, it will be a rising tide for all of us.

•••
fonzie_007 said:
I just had a x,xxx sale on one of my LLL.us the other day.

Fundraiser's point is exactly right. BD gobbled up ~800 domains, which they will not sell for less than about $1,500. This will place a greater pinch on the supply of LLL.us (on the reseller market). The fact is that there still needs to be buyers willing to pay x,xxx+ for the domains, but at the very least, I would expect reseller prices to go up.

There is also another significant point to be taken from BD's buy. They do not buy unless they believe they are getting a very good deal (remember my past post about them offering $25 for one of my LLL.coms?). I am not sure of the specifics behind BD's purchase (in terms of what price they paid), but this signifies to me that: (1) BD see potential in the LLL.us market, and (2) whatever price they paid for the domains was substantially lower than what BD believes the domains are truly worth.

can you give us any details of your sale?

definitely agree that reseller prices should go up because of this news

on the prices BD was paying, I offered them some names a while ago, got $40-50 offers on premium lettered names, i declined

•••
From the scan, it looks like one big .us player sold to BD. Or at least unloaded a lot of his inventory. I don't know if that's a cup half-full or half-empty scenario, but when a big .us player starts unloading...

Yet since we don't really know what the purchase price was, it's hard to make anything of this sale. Maybe BD got a great bargain at (as an example) $50 per name and is now willing to sell at $150 per name. I'm not sure that helps .us owners.

Also, per BD's site, 3 letter .us names that have prices attached to them are as little as $250. Asking price.

•••
irishmat said:
can you give us any details of your sale?
It was not a huge sale, but it was to an end user. I sold the domain for less because I agreed with how the end user was going to be using the domain. Details may be made public shortly...

•••
domainica said:
From the scan, it looks like one big .us player sold to BD. Or at least unloaded a lot of his inventory. I don't know if that's a cup half-full or half-empty scenario, but when a big .us player starts unloading...

Yet since we don't really know what the purchase price was, it's hard to make anything of this sale. Maybe BD got a great bargain at (as an example) $50 per name and is now willing to sell at $150 per name. I'm not sure that helps .us owners.

Also, per BD's site, 3 letter .us names that have prices attached to them are as little as $250. Asking price.

Half full in speaking to the previous registrant. Also, those lower priced lll.us on BD's site are not owned by BuyDomains.

•••
Fundraiser said:
Half full in speaking to the previous registrant. Also, those lower priced lll.us on BD's site are not owned by BuyDomains.

You can usually tell a BD owned listing as they often end in 88. i.e. $388, $1288, $16,588. Many are listed on TDNAM this way.

I've sometimes wondered if it might be a good idea to start pricing domains at $88 ending as a strategy to make people wonder if they are dealing with BD who is less willing to drop prices than most. :|

•••
We know the seller ?

Or i am missing something :)

brokerage[at]buydomains.com 803 (+803)

domains[at]got.us 49 (-800)

•••
Odds are, the BD purchase will be good for .us holders. Once owned by BD, they have pretty much left the wholesale market of those who flip domains to a holder who pretty much only sells retail.

Just because a large amount shifted ownership doesn't necessarily mean someone dumped them. I once held somewhere over 100 of them that I'd purchased for anywhere from $8.99 on the old namewinner service and $6.99 hand registrations, to $10-40 on places like AN Bazaar. When prices got to $80-100 I turned them for a profit. I could have held on longer, but cash flow is a factor for those in the business for the long term. It's just as likely someone made a decision they either couldn't afford the renewals, just decided to take a profit.

•••
VirusDetails.com said:
We know the seller ?

Or i am missing something :)

brokerage[at]buydomains.com 803 (+803)

domains[at]got.us 49 (-800)
Yes, we (or at least some of us) know who the seller is (he's a NP member). I would invite him to fill us in on the details of the deal if he feels comfortable.

•••
I have 253 names left to sell for cheap if anyone is interested. $60 each, with a minimum of 25 names. No cherry picking though. If you want 25 names you can have the first 25 or last 25 on the list, etc. Here's the list. Grab 'em while you can - these won't last long!

FLV.US
FMJ.US
FNJ.US
FNK.US
FOJ.US
FRJ.US
FRK.US
FVB.US
FWM.US
GBK.US
GCK.US
GCV.US
GDJ.US
GDK.US
GGK.US
GIK.US
GKD.US
GKE.US
GKF.US
GKH.US
GKL.US
GKR.US
GKT.US
GMK.US
GNJ.US
GNK.US
GRJ.US
GVK.US
GWU.US
HFK.US
HGK.US
HHK.US
HJI.US
HKK.US
HSK.US
HVF.US
HVU.US
HWV.US
IEJ.US
IJH.US
IJS.US
IKG.US
IMK.US
ITK.US
IUF.US
IUL.US
IUW.US
IVL.US
JBG.US
JBN.US
JDH.US
JGS.US
JJA.US
JJM.US
JKC.US
JKH.US
JMJ.US
JNB.US
JNN.US
JNR.US
JPJ.US
JRF.US
JSK.US
JUU.US
JVB.US
JVI.US
JVL.US
JVR.US
JWD.US
JWI.US
KAV.US
KBJ.US
KCW.US
KFB.US
KGG.US
KGT.US
KIJ.US
KIU.US
KKA.US
KKL.US
KKO.US
KKP.US
KKT.US
KNB.US
KRF.US
KRL.US
KRT.US
KSO.US
KTB.US
KTE.US
KTH.US
KTI.US
KTK.US
KTN.US
KVE.US
KVN.US
KWL.US
KWT.US
LBK.US
LFK.US
LFU.US
LJW.US
LKE.US
LLK.US
LRK.US
LSK.US
LTK.US
LVH.US
LVJ.US
LWM.US
MFK.US
MGK.US
MJG.US
MJH.US
MKD.US
MKK.US
MTK.US
MVG.US
NFV.US
NHV.US
NJG.US
NJJ.US
NJK.US
NJV.US
NKD.US
NKG.US
NKH.US
NKJ.US
NKM.US
NKN.US
NKP.US
NKT.US
NLK.US
NMK.US
NNK.US
NTK.US
NVF.US
NVK.US
NVV.US
NVW.US
OAJ.US
OEV.US
OFV.US
OGK.US
OGU.US
OIV.US
OJI.US
OKL.US
OKM.US
ONJ.US
ONW.US
OUG.US
OVF.US
PGK.US
PHK.US
PKB.US
PKE.US
PKH.US
PKM.US
PLV.US
PNJ.US
PVK.US
RFW.US
RKD.US
RKH.US
RKK.US
RKN.US
RLK.US
RNJ.US
RRK.US
RWL.US
SJO.US
SNJ.US
SVB.US
SVK.US
SVO.US
TCV.US
TGJ.US
TGU.US
TKB.US
TKF.US
TKG.US
TKH.US
TKK.US
TKL.US
TKN.US
TKV.US
TNJ.US
TUU.US
TWV.US
UBL.US
UCT.US
UDK.US
UDT.US
UDV.US
UEH.US
UFB.US
UFH.US
UGP.US
UJE.US
UJM.US
UJN.US
UJR.US
ULG.US
UMG.US
URR.US
UVD.US
UVG.US
UVH.US
UVR.US
UVU.US
UWD.US
UWF.US
UWH.US
UWP.US
UWV.US
VAF.US
VBO.US
VDE.US
VDH.US
VDM.US
VDW.US
VFO.US
VGD.US
VGU.US
VGV.US
VHW.US
VJM.US
VKD.US
VKN.US
VLH.US
VLK.US
VMH.US
VNL.US
VPT.US
VRK.US
VSW.US
VTF.US
VVE.US
VVO.US
VVU.US
WBP.US
WBU.US
WDM.US
WDR.US
WEJ.US
WFU.US
WGO.US
WHJ.US
WHN.US
WMH.US
WMJ.US
WTK.US

Last edited:
•••
This is extremely good news for LLL.us holders. Buydomains is a strong force in the domain industry, and they will give strong exposure, quality sales and this large buy will likely prop up prices in the near and long term.

.us was just waiting for something like this to happen. The market was a buyers market in what an LLL field/extension with such promise and growth. Many, including myself, have been quietly buying in the LLL.us field and I think some very good things are starting to happen.

zesty

•••
With Patrick's most recent sales, the latest 100+ LLL.us club member appears to be Bryan G.

•••
I'm looking to unload my LLL.us. If anyone wants to buy em contact me.

•••
I will be running a new scan in a few days. I know there are still a couple of decent portfolios out there to buy off if people are interested. Who will be next on the 100+ list?

•••
I am looking to buy quality if the price is right. Please PM if anyone has quality to sell.

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
steven22 said:
I am looking to buy quality if the price is right.

You've nicely summed up the intentions of every person on this forum :)

Its good to see these tipping-point events.

The cheap price of .in registrations just led to a LLL.in buyout. This BD purchase seems like it could be a price tipping-point for the more mature LLL.us market.

•••
As reflected in several new faces in his stead, it looks like Patrick completed the sales of his large collection.

•••
ekal said:
You've nicely summed up the intentions of every person on this forum :)

Its good to see these tipping-point events.

The cheap price of .in registrations just led to a LLL.in buyout. This BD purchase seems like it could be a price tipping-point for the more mature LLL.us market.

LLL.in is bought out now? Nice. I own 100 or so 2 year old "premium letter" LLL.in names.

Incidentally, sold more of those in the low XXXX range than I have LLL.us even with owning almost 4 times the amount of LLL.us names.

fonzie_007 said:
I will be running a new scan in a few days. I know there are still a couple of decent portfolios out there to buy off if people are interested. Who will be next on the 100+ list?

After a couple of big sales last year, the NNN.list would be interesting right now too :) Either way, been a while, remind me to send you some np$ when the new list is posted.

•••
This news article (traditional media) about the BD transaction was mentioned on a small specialty domain forum that will remain unmentioned per forum rules. :)

http://boston.bizjournals.com/boston/stories/2008/03/31/story10.html?b=1206936000^1611534&surround=etf

•••
Fundraiser said:
This news article (traditional media) about the BD transaction was mentioned on a small specialty domain forum that will remain unmentioned per forum rules. :)

http://boston.bizjournals.com/boston/stories/2008/03/31/story10.html?b=1206936000^1611534&surround=etf

I'm guessing they got the price very wrong, if not someone give me a contact at BD :)

Interesting they mentioned Zouzas developing some of the keywords, been considering the same with trends.us, gems.us and some of my geos. Maybe I should jump on that-place-which-cannot-be-mentioned to further this discussion, see if there's any mileage in a creating a general look and feel for developing .US domains.

As for the rule, wasn't aware of it. Have always found that trying to offer a better service than your competition goes much further than trying to prevent people from knowing the competition exists at all, but to each their own.

•••
Regarding forum rules... I made sure to add a smile because I do not believe RJ is too worried about that other small specialty forum that has less total posts in a year than probably the daily average of posts here. The rule is for no promotion of or denigration of other domain forums as is proper.

•••
Fundraiser said:

Nice to see that someone read this thread (e.g. the author of the article) and that NamePros gets credit for my research... ;)

•••
fonzie_007 said:
Nice to see that someone read this thread (e.g. the author of the article) and that NamePros gets credit for my research... ;)

That's pretty normal though, the site with the content gets the credit.

Interesting timing, I made a comment elsewhere yesterday regarding another well known domain forum - public forums live or die based on user generated content and I'm sure as hell not paying for the privilege of generating their content for them :)

•••
Lasher said:
public forums live or die based on user generated content and I'm sure as hell not paying for the privilege of generating their content for them :)
That's why I do all of my substantive posting here at NP rather than at one of the other well known forums.

•••
On that note...if anyone wants to PM me a list of names they are looking to sell are good prices, please do so.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back