question Large US insurance firm contact me about my domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

maxipoint

Impact
I am post here, to get advice from more experienced

I just got letter from the attorney from one of top U.S. insurance firms that my domain name match their trademark name.

They wish take domain from me. They wrote "please immediately contact your registrar XXXX and have the domain name registration cancelled and released back to the registry or log into your account for instructions on how to transfer ownership of the domain to XXX Insurance Company. To transfer ownership the following actions must be done:"

Facts:
1) I do not contact them and ask and domain sale, they contact me
2) I am plan use domain software for farms, and they have trademark for insurance industry, and it is different niche totally
3) I do not do any in bad faith

Domain is under development actually and web-pages will be online within 24 hours.

Have you and advice about strategy? Maybe experienced say more..

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's the chance you take by rolling the dice. Without knowing the name it's hard to know 100%.

•••
•••
In most case, its a simple attempt to give up your domain, If they want your domain they should file UDRP, generally you don't need to worry if the domain in question not used and not directly infringe their trademark like you have microsoft.com and you have to worry. Instead if you have something like maxpointsoft.com you don't need to. Also Trademark are generally field specific, like same name trademarked by dozen companies in different field like software, agro, Auto, oil and energy etc.
so just a mail from them is mostly veiled attempt to grab your domain.

I am not lawyer, just saying these based on my experience.

•••
•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back