NameSilo

Language(s) you speak

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Aesthetic

Account Closed
Impact
Just for curiosity, what languages do you know or speak where you live?

As for me it is:

English and German.

I also know few words in Russian, but I cannot say I speak it...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I took german and spanish in school and to be 100% honest i do not think i learned a thing LOL. If you spoke to me in either language i am sure i would know what you are talking about but i would not be able to come up with a legit response.

So i can count english, drunk english, slang english, and many many other forms of english...LOL

•••
The only language that I speak in English :(

•••
javanese,bahasa indonesia,dutch, bit of sundanese and arabic
I can read,write arabic letters

•••
English, and some french. I wish I could speak more :(

•••
English, Lithuanian, French and bit Russian.

•••
Romanian, Hungarian, English and I can read French.

•••
English
Malay
Cantonese
Mandarin

and also a bit of these although not fluently

Hainanese
Hokkien

•••
I speak English (fluent), Spanish (good), Russian (a little bit)

•••
I speak 'Husband' pretty well.

"Yes, dear."

"Certainly, dear."

"Your hair looks great, honey."

"Wow, that outfit certainly makes you look thin!"

•••
RogueWriter said:

"Yes, dear."

"Certainly, dear."

:sold: :sold: :sold:

•••
I used to be able to speak Tagalog when I was younger (spent 5 years in the Philippines!).

English is my first language, I can also speak Creole (the French one). I speak a bit of French too, but I'm better at reading & listening comprehension than I am at spoken French (I did French at school and it's also an official language in my country).

I've now been living in China for 4 years, so I guess I can add Mandarin to my list of languages. :)

•••
I speak English as a first language and some Japanese. I can understand most spanish and some Italian. I commited to memory about a dozen phrases in a couple of languages just for a rainy day. 1 4L$0 $P34|< PhLU3|\|7 L337 $P34|< ^^.

•••
english, marathi, semi-fluent spanish, random words/phrases french, enough in russian to curse like a sailor (lol russian friends = win), hindi, php.

woohoo

•••
RogueWriter said:

"Yes, dear."

"Certainly, dear."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

bahasa and "husband" as well

•••
English (with a Southern drawl), Spanish (Castellano, but my ears have trouble with the accents in several areas, for example, Buenos Aires), French (with a Breton accent that seems to make many of the French people want to cover their ears!), and a bit of Welsh (but everyone in Wales has English now so Welsh is mostly a language used for reading these days).

Also have just enough Italian to get around, especially the further north I go, and enough Russian to be able to ask directions and order from the menu.

I am lost in German and really lost in Japanese. The Chinese are most helpful and allow me to make my way as we all laugh at my awful attempts to speak Mandarin. The languages of the Caucasus are difficult and my time in Georgia was spent using Russian and English.

I have also been lost in my supposedly native English in Yorkshire, Zimbabwe and parts of Australia...and in New England, which is really a foreign country for a country boy from the South.

•••
English , hindi , marathi , konkani , urdu i can read , write and speak

•••
I speak English and a little bit Spanish - Como esta usted? Que tal?

•••
•••
•••
Aussie Slang :hehe:

Cheers
Corey

•••
I know English, Spanish, French, German, Chinese, a little bit of latin, and Im starting to learn Japanese.

•••
English, a little bit of Japanese, Spanish and my native language.

•••
English and German are speakable for me. Took also Russian classes, but It's too hard for me.

Hungarian

Dude, My respect! I wonder how it is possible to speak the language which has so many cases!?

Last edited:
•••
•••
can read write and speak english malayalam hindi. can understand telugu and tamil.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back