Dynadot

Language(s) you speak

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Aesthetic

Account Closed
Impact
Just for curiosity, what languages do you know or speak where you live?

As for me it is:

English and German.

I also know few words in Russian, but I cannot say I speak it...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
English

Last edited:
•••
English, Portuguese and a fair amount of Spanish. Also small amounts of French and Italian. I love languages.

•••
English
Bengali
Little bit of French and Hindi

•••
I can speak Malayalam,English,Hindi,Tamil

•••
Mandarin, Cantonese, Taiwanese, English and Malay.

•••
English, English slang and English Drunk :hehe:

•••
mellowmasher said:

:lol:

Spanish was my first language, then English. (Which is funny since I was born in the US, and I look white - people don't believe me)

I can speak some (drunk) Japanese at the Sushi Bar, very few phrases in Mandarin Chinese, very dirty phrases in German, I can tell someone to take their clothes off and that I don't speak French in French, I can say "hello" in Swahili, I can say some other dirty phrases in Italian (thanks to The Sopranos) :talk:

•••
GF said:

Spanish was my first language, then English. (Which is funny since I was born in the US, and I look white - people don't believe me)

I can speak some (drunk) Japanese at the Sushi Bar, very few phrases in Mandarin Chinese, very dirty phrases in German, I can tell someone to take their clothes off and that I don't speak French in French, I can say "hello" in Swahili, I can say some other dirty phrases in Italian (thanks to The Sopranos) :talk:
:lol: Since I love languages, I'll follow you advice and get drunk more often, so as to learn a few more. ;)

•••
mellowmasher said:

Bahasa Indonesia :red:

•••
English as my first language.
Being from Brooklyn New York I am also fluent in Ebonics :)

•••
Dutch is my mother tongue, I speak English five days a week because I have colleagues from the USA, Italy and India. I learned to speak German at school but I haven't spoken it in years. I followed Latin classes for six years and although Latin is a dead language it helped me a lot to understand other languages (I can read an Italian newspaper). I speak PHP fluently and can express myself in Delphi, awk, sed and C without any problems. I don't speak C++ but I can read it.

Last edited:
•••
I speak English which no other English speaking person can understand (i.e. Scottish) :hehe:

•••
kev said:
I speak English which no other English speaking person can understand (i.e. Scottish) :hehe:
Here's what a scotish lad said to another after a loovly lass passed by; Hey lad, there's a tilt in yer kilt and a glinter in yer eye! :red:

The Scots never, ever lose their accents, right Kev?

•••
English, Filipino and a little bit Spanish

•••
•••
English and Filipino too :)
and a bit of Japanese (i got it from watching animes)

•••
English, I can speak some welsh & french but not fluently.

•••
English, Filipino and some Spanish from my abuelo's side:)

•••
arabic, englisn & spanish

•••
•••
English and French (although not fluent).

I also studied Spanish for a bit.

And Filipino.

•••
GILSAN said:
:lol: Since I love languages, I'll follow you advice and get drunk more often, so as to learn a few more. ;)

I think Drunk is the widest spoken and ALWAYS understood :cy:

•••
Gujarati, Hindi, English

•••
English and French.
Just started a course in Japanese.
And a break through course in Spanish
Wanted to start a course in sign language, but couldn't.

Know a few random phrases in german, dutch, Thai.

And ofcourse the language of body language! (A smile and a wave)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back