Dynadot

discuss Landing page

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I want to build my own landing page which would contain some information about my domain, also I want to add links to buy a domain through GoDaddy or Sedo.

What is the best way to make a landing page of your domain?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Why not just use the Afternic or Sedo provided landing page? I mean if you are going to send the customers there to buy and pay their commission anyway that kinda negates the purpose of making your own landing page IMO.

•••
i guess maybe he wants to show all names in one page to buyers... even then, there is a folio link on sedo.. a bit messy imo.. but working... afternic also has folio link I think.. even worse and messier no sorting etc.. but works too.. gd auctions does not have link folio... and sadly dan.com nastily cuts off folios at 500 names after tons of reports by many members... so careful there with that link if your over 500 names

i think there are some other sites like epik but not sure where link to folio is... or others too.

•••
You may not understand me.
I want to give the potential customer more information about the domain and how it will help him or her in his business. I don't just want to give him information about domain age, price ...

•••
You may not understand me.
I want to give the potential customer more information about the domain and how it will help him or her in his business. I don't just want to give him information about domain age, price ...

It's like asking someone how to make a pizza.

You are going to get thousands of different answers.

If you are not a web developer and don't know anything about adding domains to your host, hosting, FTP, basic HTML, or MySQL I don't recommend you take this on.

Unless you want to learn it, then start researching those topics.

Otherwise you could pay someone $350 - $500 to set something like that up for you.

Most people that have domain "portfolio sites" just forward all of their domains to a master domain and that domain has a page that handles all requests from the domains.

Obey.com -> domainmarket.com/buynow/obey.com

I disagree with this strategy because IMO it cheapens the ownership of individually unique names if you own thousands of them. Makes people think 'oh they are just squatters'. At the end of the day a name, and a buyer, will sell the domain better than anyone else can - marketplaces are unnecessary to the sellers.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back