Dynadot

discuss .コム (VERISIGNs japanese .com) SHOWCASE / DISCUSSION THREAD on NAMEPROS

NameSilo
Watch

DOMAIN ILLUMINATI

THTMVATMEDNOATTop Member
Impact
Dear nP members,

as you may know, the new extension .コム, which is the 'japanese pendant' of .com and which is powered by VERISIGN (.com / .net / .tv / .cc / .name / and now .コム) will turn into GA on JUN., 13., 2016

• What do you think about the .コム TLD?
  • Have you registered allready a .コム domain?

I think .コム will be a 'blast' in japanese market and because of this and other reason/s I allready registered (PAPP) the following one:

コムコムコムコムコムコムコムコムコムコムコムコムコムコムコムコムコムコムコムコムコムコムコムコムコムコムコム.コム

That's 27 times 'コム' / TLD '
.コム'
27 times ‘コム’ is the maximum possible ammount of ‘コム’ in a
.コム domain name
IDN: xn--tckaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa84jbabbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.xn--tckwe

Not a 63.DOMAIN but a perfect 54 (IDN 63) character PREMIUM domain

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think .コム will be a 'blast' in japanese market
Why do you think .コム will be a 'blast' when it is still popular for ads to include a search box with keywords, asking consumers to find them via search?

•••
Why do you think .コム will be a 'blast' when it is still popular for ads to include a search box with keywords, asking consumers to find them via search?

People (not only japanese) which like .com will like .コム as well, it is short, it looks stylish, it has the same pronunciation sound and it is from the same popular company like .com, Verisign.
https://www.verisign.com/en_US/domain-names/japanese-com-domain-names/index.xhtml

I don't know if it is still popular for the reasons you mentioned.
One .コム domain I have seen this days is 1.コム

•••
You can't buy them yet, can you?

•••
They are available now to the current IDN.com owners.

•••
You can't buy them yet, can you?

As mentioned, I registered this domain in the PAPP

PAPP = P
riority Access Program Period = .com Exact Match
15 Mar 2016 00:00 UTC to 15 May 2016 00:00 UTC

PAPP Description

This phase is restricted to current registrants of a second-level domain name (in ASCII or IDN script) in the .com TLD. As long as the below criteria are met, this limited time phase allows .com registrants priority registration on their exact match domain name under the .コム (.xn--tckwe).

Criteria
  • The matching .com name must be registered before February 1, 2016 (the start date of the Priority Access Program Period).
  • The registrant must have held the registration of the existing .com Second Level Domain Name for longer than the Add Grace Period (as set forth in Verisign's Registration Lifecycle Processes and Grace Periods).
  • Matching strings can only be registered with the underlying registrar of record of the exact match .com domain name. If we are not the registrar of your .com domain name, your name can be easily transferred to us to satisfy this requirement.
Domains will be awarded on a first come first served (FCFS) basis. Certain names may be reserved or considered premium names.

My source:
https://www.101domain.com/コム.htm

GA of .コム will be Jun., 13., 2016

Last edited:
•••
As mentioned, I registered this domain in the PAPP

so you had

コムコムコムコムコムコムコムコムコムコムコムコムコムコムコムコムコムコムコムコムコムコムコムコムコムコムコム.COM

registered so that you can register

?

Thanks
A

•••
my keyboard doesn't speak japanese!

shouldn't everything to the left of the dot be in japanese if the extension is in japanese?
This will limit your sales to the japanese market. No one in the US will want one except MAYBE someone that can speak japanese!

.コム as well, it is short, it looks stylish

It looks like a backwards "C" and a messed up "4".
C4 is an explosive and would cause a "blast" though.

•••
so you had

コムコムコムコムコムコムコムコムコムコムコムコムコムコムコムコムコムコムコムコムコムコムコムコムコムコムコム.COM

registered so that you can register

?

Thanks
A
Yes.

•••
my keyboard doesn't speak japanese!

shouldn't everything to the left of the dot be in japanese if the extension is in japanese?
This will limit your sales to the japanese market. No one in the US will want one except MAYBE someone that can speak japanese!

It looks like a backwards "C" and a messed up "4".
C4 is an explosive and would cause a "blast" though.
'C4 / blast' haha yes ... visually it can be seen in this way too if you flip the 'C' like you said.

Of course, the main market will be Japan.
But also japanese people around the world will use it I think.
And some few domainers - me, for example.

BTW, in german language the word 'yes' means 'ja' > in big letters JA looks like コム

Last edited:
•••

Why do you believe anyone would want this domain and how is a a german speaker supposed to type this in?

Would anyone want comcomccomcomcomcomcomcomcomcomcomcomcomcomcomcom.com?

You cant' use this in an ad or for a website.

•••
Why do you believe anyone would want this domain and how is a a german speaker supposed to type this in?

You cant' use this in an ad or for a Website.

Because the TLD .コム itself looks very stylish and this domain contains the most possible ammount of this stylish elements so it's a very stylish domain.
And because of the fact that it is from VERISIGN and it means .com

My own mother language is german, so I have this '.コム / JA' thought.
I don't think, that many german or other speaking people would type this domain in - it is more just a 'visual appealing' domain for everyone who loves this kind of art domains.

There are existing websites allready in this style ;)
Why do you think that domains like this one are able to register?
If you have a concept, of course you can use it in an ad or for a website.

Last edited:
•••
how much did you pay for it?

•••
•••

You cant' use this in an ad or for a website.
kingof.top is also kingof.63
http://www.63.domains/

Your highness, I think we will have to do an intervention for your 63 addiction soon.

•••
kingof.top is also kingof.63
http://www.63.domains/

Your highness, I think we will have to do an intervention for your 63 addiction soon.

Thanks, not necessary - I am not addicted to 63.DOMAINS, I am just preparing for an upcoming* trend.

*I can not say when it will come up.

•••
I was looking at this extension I see that Hotels.com in Japanees is priced at 18K in 101domains.com

ホテル.コム

So even if you own ホテル.com you still charged premium price in the PAPP?

•••
I was looking at this extension I see that Hotels.com in Japanees is priced at 18K in 101domains.com

ホテル.コム

So even if you own ホテル.com you still charged premium price in the PAPP?

101domain.com_screenshot.png

According to their info (see my marked area at the screenshot) I would say yes, I think so ;)
But you always can contact / ask Verisign / your registrar to go for sure.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
•••
•••
IDN is growing now...I hope the dedicate a section for it in this forum...each language with its own thread..

•••
Verisign has invented this Premium Pricing idea, only recently...for several years existing IDN.com owners were led to believe their matching names would be free with their existing name, or at worse a regular additional reg fee.
I'm sure their will much more to come, in regards to this issue.

•••
Verisign has invented this Premium Pricing idea, only recently...for several years existing IDN.com owners were led to believe their matching names would be free with their existing name, or at worse a regular additional reg fee.

It's ecomomy.
Now in japanese.

•••

But I do not think anything gonna change, and it will be the same for future IDN.COM ( other languages)?...it seems it is better lower/control investment in .com IDN in general...

•••
バカ.コム (available...)

•••
Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back