Domain Empire

Just Sold Two .io Domains On Flippa For Lower Than Expected

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mvginspires20

Established Member
Impact
Hi everyone,

I just sold two .io domains on Flippa for much lower than I expected and I'm a little frustrated because I thought they would sell for much more. The first domain, decorations.io sold for $20 and the other, Cannes.io sold for a measely $4. The buyers may have been looking for a bargain, but I'm thinking I could've found a better offer. What do you guys think? Do you think I could've sold them for a higher price?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would have bought decorations.io for much more

•••
I do not know how many days your domains was auctioned, nor what marketing strategies you used, nevertheless, you just sold them to early imo.

Except that .io is rather technic oriented, that extension is not already at that point where every word has its own value.

Therefore keep your good ones for a long term investment and wait for the right buyer.
If you want to do some fast flips, then look for trends and pick your names very selectively.

•••
Yes, decorations.io went cheap, but got you a sale.

•••
never, never, ever, ever, ever....

auction your name without a reserve price

and that reserve price should be the lowest you are willing to sell it for.

imo...

•••
never, never, ever, ever, ever....

auction your name without a reserve price

and that reserve price should be the lowest you are willing to sell it for.

imo...
Just gonna reiterate this point.

No reserve auctions are good for attracting attention, but be prepared to leave money on the table.

Last edited:
•••
If there's a price you need to hit, always use a reserve. I go $1 start no reserve only when I'm more or less winging it

•••
I just sold Kayaks.io on Flippa for $190
&
DebitCards.io for $120

I paid $59.99 each

Im currently selling Vests & Thirsty.io
Not where I wanna be yet

But hoping to profit

•••
so if i want to sell my domain, i just go to Flippa ? they will auction my domain for the price? or it depends on the buyer? sorry newbie here

•••
You want to make sure you always use reserve on Flippa.
Flippa is acctually a pretty small marketplace unless you keep buying their promotions. Also all of the make offer domains are flooding the market place. The could really tighten things up a bit to make flippa more enjoyable and user friendly auction platform.

cmancojr, if I would have seen your domains on flippa I would have bid on them, i visit flippa often and I did not notice your domains, those where really nice names you just sold..Also decorations.io was a very nice name, i did not notice either.

Last edited:
•••
You want to make sure you always use reserve on Flippa.
Flippa is acctually a pretty small marketplace unless you keep buying there promotions. Also all of the make offer domains are flooding the market place. The could really tighten things up a bit to make flippa more enjoyable and user friendly auction platform.

cmancojr, if I would have seen your domains on flippa I would have bid on them, i visit flippa often and I did not notice your domains, those where really nice names you just sold..Also decorations.io was a very nice name, i did not notice either.

Yea im always selling .io's
I have Vests.io listed on here
And Thirsty.io listed on Flippa right now
Also JWEJ.com on flippa as well

Thanks for the Reaponse

•••
I will check them out thanks

•••
Yea im always selling .io's
I have Vests.io listed on here
And Thirsty.io listed on Flippa right now
Also JWEJ.com on flippa as well

Thanks for the Reaponse
Plz, send me the link on them!

•••
Vests.io Is on here no Reserve
Thirsty.io Is on flippa
Thanks

•••
I have sold only 5 .io domains at flippa all with good profit...$27(bought this one for $6),$81,$150,$309 and $350(bought this for $1) and others 3 are hand regged.

Last edited:
•••
Currently just Listed
Thirsty.io
FSO.io
MicroScopes.io
All on Flippa

No Reserve Auctions

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back