IT.COM

Just got email from Intelend.com Legit? Scam?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

decades80

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Hi
I got this today. Another scam?

Hello,

My name is Celeste with Intelend.com. We are taking a moment to reach out to premium domain owners like yourself to introduce ourselves and our latest product.

Intelend is a unique financing company that can advance you money based on the value of your premium domain names. These funds can be used to acquire additional domains, cover personal expenses, or even starting a new business.

Here are some of the finer points:
- Advances can be deposited within 24-48 hours
- No credit check required
- Based on your domain XXXXXXX.com, we would like to speak with you

To begin the process, you can quickly head on over to our website, fill out 5 easy fields, and one of our senior officers will be in touch with you.

If you have any additional questions please do not hesitate in asking me. I am here to help you understand what we do, and how we can help you.

--
Thanks,
Celeste Uy - [email protected]
Intelend.com - We advance money on premium domain names

Reference Links:
About our Founder - Learn about how we got started in this market
DomainSherpa.com Interview - Watch Michael Cyger's interview with our founder

Intelend.com
PO Box 191062
Atlanta, Georgia 31119

This email was sent to you because you have been identified as a premium domain owner. If you do not wish to receive further emails from us please Reply and include "REMOVE" in the subject or body of the message.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello,

My name is Celeste with Intelend.com. We are taking a moment to reach out to premium domain owners like yourself to introduce ourselves and our latest product.

Intelend is a unique financing company that can advance you money based on the value of your premium domain names. These funds can be used to acquire additional domains, cover personal expenses, or even starting a new business.

Here are some of the finer points:
- Advances can be deposited within 24-48 hours
- No credit check required
- Based on your domain XXXXXXX.com, we would like to speak with you

To begin the process, you can quickly head on over to our website, fill out 5 easy fields, and one of our senior officers will be in touch with you.

If you have any additional questions please do not hesitate in asking me. I am here to help you understand what we do, and how we can help you.

--
Thanks,
Celeste Uy - [email protected]
Intelend.com - We advance money on premium domain names

Reference Links:
About our Founder - Learn about how we got started in this market
DomainSherpa.com Interview - Watch Michael Cyger's interview with our founder

Intelend.com
PO Box 191062
Atlanta, Georgia 31119

This email was sent to you because you have been identified as a premium domain owner. If you do not wish to receive further emails from us please Reply and include "REMOVE" in the subject or body of the message.

They are a legitimate company, but don't expect much money from them for your domain names. They offer you a small percentage of a modest appraisal.

Matt Collins is the founder of Intelend.com

•••
Intelend is a real company. If you needed to pawn your domains to get some extra cash, then you might approach them to do so. As with any pawn shop, they'll probably offer you less than you'd expect. It's always better not to pawn the stuff you own, but pawn shops have their function.

•••
Pawn_ab6dc8_3018355.jpg

•••
Ok thank you guys. As far as I understand, they give you a small loan based on premium domains you posses. What are their interest rates? They take you domains when the loan cant be paid off, is that correct?

•••
Ok thank you guys. As far as I understand, they give you a small loan based on premium domains you posses. What are their interest rates? They take you domains when the loan cant be paid off, is that correct?

Yes, the idea is they loan you an amount that's a small percentage of what the domain(s) you are committing as collateral. If you don't pay off the loan they keep your domains.

I've gotten about 10 of these from their staff (Celeste, Kristie, and someone else I think). They just go fishing I think because some of the domains I got an email for were pretty low-value in my mind.

So the deal is you reply to her, and then she will introduce you to Turner Woods who will help answer your questions.

Here is a direct reply I got from Turner Woods:

So we don't waste anymore of your time, I'd like to take a moment to explain how we work. We do interest-only cash advances at 5% per month. So on every $1000 you borrow your payment would be $50 per month until you could send back the $1000.

We also have a $3000 minimum deal size. xxxxxx.com by itself would not qualify but maybe you'd have more collateral you could add so we can work on a bigger deal.

If you are still interested after reading this, let us know.

Regards,
DN

•••
Thanks DN, 5% per month is a bit to much. But thanks for sharing.

•••
Annoying spammers. Unsolicited email.

•••
PO Box + unsolicited email + no phone number + "thanks" (not even "thank you" - "thanks" is very informal) + no regulatory info (perhaps not applicable in the states) and typical percentages

I wouldn't touch them... why wouldn't you include a service address (non-po box) and a voip phone number if it could close a sale? You need to create the final stage of AIDA which is action. Someone hiding behind written emails seems suspect... after all talking to a human on the phone is going to increase their chances of you doing business with them.

Its always going to be spam if someone contacts YOU to help out your financial issues when there isn't any.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back