IT.COM

Just bought some .ist domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

oozn

Established Member
Impact
Hey all,

Not sure if you know but .ist domains are now available to public registrations.

So I just went ahead and go to SimilarWeb and Alexa's top 200 websites in China and fetched all domains with numbers to Excel.

Then I logged in at Godaddy and used their bulk search and registered the following domains with .ist extensions.

Not sure if it worths the money I spent but just wanted to give it a try :)

panda.ist
888888.ist
1688.ist
4399.ist

What do you think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hey all,

Not sure if you know but .ist domains are now available to public registrations.

So I just went ahead and go to SimilarWeb and Alexa's top 200 websites in China and fetched all domains with numbers to Excel.

Then I logged in at Godaddy and used their bulk search and registered the following domains with .ist extensions.

Not sure if it worths the money I spent but just wanted to give it a try :)

panda.ist
888888.ist
1688.ist
4399.ist

What do you think?

Sorry but I don't see your strategy working this time, the keywords just don't suit the extension.

•••
Oh well, I actually thought about it

•••
•••
Ya don't just need to stick with .com as mentioned above but .ist isn't good unless it's a hack like p.ist which you'll never get.

•••
I think after , first.ist, art.ist, arbor.ist natur.ist one.ist taken i was out if ideas. Not my forte.

•••
Is this a TLD for German hacks perhaps ?
Like: dub.ist/ein-Schatz ?

I don't see the point of it, and I don't see value of course.

•••
.ist = ISTANBUL ( The biggest Turkey City )

I do not think that it will be popular. I am also from Istanbul and i do not interest with .ist domains :)

Anyway, good luck.

•••
Almost all .ist hacks are registry premium, there are some great hacks in this extension but domainers are priced out of the market.

•••
•••
Would not waste time/money on this extension.

•••
I preordered travel.ist for normal reg fee, but didnt get it. Don't know if that makes me sad or not. I thought it was an interesting hack though.

I agree that other than that it doesnt look like a popular one

•••

LOL.

•••

Just had to translate this one lol

•••
You need to stop buying and read this forum more carefully.

Bad choices.

Keep 888888.ist just in case the Chinese market heats up again, but still, this domain is a very, very long shot.

•••
Usually not into hyphenated domains, but picked up:

A-l.ist

Seems the registry has reserved almost every possible domain hack, even obscure ones. How they expect to survive is beyond me.

•••
If you're an optim.ist go for it. If you're a pessim.ist, take them off your l.ist unless you're a .ist fetisj.ist.

•••
•••
.ist is a great extension for domain hacks;

dent.ist
orthopaed.ist
chr.ist
jesuschr.ist

etc... These kind of domains will definitely make money... I can't think of a dental clinic not interested in dent.ist...

It's a short tld, not a .gibberish one, so I'm guessing 3 characters will also have a reasonably good value in the future. Especially ones containing keywords like usb.ist, ttf.ist etc...

And of course single/multi word domains with very good keywords always have the potential. I'm definitely a optim.ist about .ist. :)

•••

dent.ist
orthopaed.ist
chr.ist
jesuschr.ist

etc... These kind of domains will definitely make money... I can't think of a dental clinic not interested in dent.ist...

It's a short tld, not a .gibberish one, so I'm guessing 3 characters will also have a reasonably good value in the future. Especially ones containing keywords like usb.ist, ttf.ist etc...

And of course single/multi word domains with very good keywords always have the potential. I'm definitely a optim.ist about .ist. :)

I agree, from a domain hacks point of view there loads and loads of possibilities here.

•••

dent.ist
orthopaed.ist
chr.ist
jesuschr.ist

And of course single/multi word domains with very good keywords always have the potential. I'm definitely a optim.ist about .ist.

Sure, domain hacks are fun, but....

You just wasted your money on a bunch of sh.ist.

•••
@Cdomains that is hilarious ; grin :

@doubleU and @HotKey are correct - the registry is holding almost every good hack there is, and some like the ones above - orthopaed.ist, chr.ist, jesuschr.ist - all already assigned, who knows how they were delegated

They seem to be following the model of IO SH AC, with the premiums reserved, no prices given, so they can sit and wait for the prices they want? I am a fan of hacks, I just don't know how easy they are to sell.

•••
orthopaed.ist is mine, I have many other domains like this one. The registry did not hold the good domains, they only held some of the well known brand names like microsoft, apple etc., others were simply registered by people like me at the regular price (14.9 USD). You can't find a good one? That's because you're simply too late. Only a few days ago more than half of the LLL.ist range was available, now they're mostly gone.

What you need to understand is that we're not talking about the value these domains have right now, as this is a new TLD, that would be nonsense. We're talking about their potential as an investment. We'll of course have to wait for some time but I'm sure we'll be able to find good paying customers for these domains. That's what "investment" means. I've invested only 14.9 USD each for orthopaed.ist, agnost.ist, usb.ist, application.ist, droid.ist etc...

Let's be honest, the .com is in the bottleneck and the internet is growing fast. Many people are registering long and/or meaningless .com domains just because they are .coms but this trend will eventually come to an end. .io had a great success with software and technology companies, especially startups. People simply can't find good .com domains at reasonable prices anymore.

•••
the registry is holding almost every good hack there is,

if somebody is manipulating the game, right out the gate

then why would you even participate?

:)

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back