IT.COM

Dropcatch.com Bug ! Intermittent logouts !

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Primary Names

Top Member
Impact
dropcatch.com bug intermittent logout.png

I keep getting logged out of dropcatch after clicking a link or two. This has been happening for more than a month. Till now I have been letting it slide but today it really got into my nerves.

I was trying to make a payment for a domain that was caught yesterday. I have two cards hooked up in their namebright system for this. I also occasionally use paypal. Today I even used their add-funds feature and added a test amount of $18 to my account. But none of this, worked. Why ? Because the damn system kept logging me out after either a single or a couple of clicks.

Yesterday there was a domain on auction named "gramix.com", I kept bidding on it only till $100 dollars and I got so annoyed by this intermittent logouts that I quit the bidding altogether.

Just wanted to check if it just me or some other members are facing this issue too. I have actually recorded a videoscreen of me trying the payment. But I will only show it to senior members on pm if asked.

Here is some information on the error environment.
  1. I am using latest version of chrome browser - Version 66.0.3359.181 (Official Build) (64-bit). Pretty sure a majority of us use chrome.
  2. TIME : Around IST 2:30PM.
  3. Yes, I disabled all extensions.
  4. Yes, I deleted all browser cache and tried.
  5. Yes, I have tried doing the same in Firefox. It was actually worse in FF. There is an unpaid item in the cart and while logging with FF their system did not even show it.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
Have you switched providers recently? I have the same issue having recently gone from using only an ATT cellular personal hotspot to ATT fixed wireless. I can create the problem with Dropcatch logging me out constantly by logging in with my fixed wireless connection and I can remedy it by switching to my ATT cellular personal hotspot. In my case it is 100% connectivity related.

•••
They lag a lot. A few times during the last year their site was nonfunctional just before the .com drop time or even few hours through the time. Or few times my payments wouldn't go through due to some errors.

When the site lags globally, there is nothing you can do. And if there is some error personally for you - they always respond to support email. They are not the promptest answerers - but i don't remember a case when the fixing of my problem took more than 24hrs.

The lessons i have taken:
- If you want to work with Dropcatch - relax. Lean back and enjoy your life. Remember: nothing is guaranteed.
- Be prepared: if you need something urgent, for example making bids or placing backorders in the last moment, you might not be able.
- Always place your backorders as early as possible.
- Always pay your bills as early as possible, don't wait for deadlines when you would need to put new backorders or to bid on auctions - the payment can lag and you won't be able to do anything having outstanding bill on your hands.

EDIT: I understand this doesn't answer your question, except of the support part. Did you complain to their support?

Last edited:
•••
Have you switched providers recently? I have the same issue having recently gone from using only an ATT cellular personal hotspot to ATT fixed wireless. I can create the problem with Dropcatch logging me out constantly by logging in with my fixed wireless connection and I can remedy it by switching to my ATT cellular personal hotspot. In my case it is 100% connectivity related
Yes, in fact I have recently changed country around a month back.
Just noticed it. lol.

So it could be related to their security settings, perhaps a browser cookie related issue ?
@JBubba @DropCatch Support Can you confirm this ? How do you solve this ?

•••
Hey guys, we're constantly working on upgrading things behind the scenes to make the site more responsive and easier to use. We identified some performance issues this morning, and our engineers deployed it after our QA team gave the go-ahead. I'm sorry that you had so many issues with this between yesterday and today. Our support team really is the best way to contact us, either by phone or email, and that's the fastest way to get our engineers looking at potential issues.

Again, sorry that you had some issues yesterday, things should be working better now. Let us know if you see any more issues like this!

Thanks,
J

•••
Did you complain to their support?
Not yet but I am about to. I am reluctant because based on my past experience and as reaffirmed in this post they take quite a while to revert on email. Plus discussing technical issues on email is a nightmare, keeping in mind the time it takes.

Also I was hoping that someone in the community might have faced the same issue earlier and thus may have found some solution / workaround.

•••
@JBubba Thank you for joining in. I am sending you a link to the video of the screen so that you know exactly the problem I am facing.

Also could it be the same issue as @Jeff Weller stated - switching the internet provider / location could cause this issue ? If yes then I am pretty sure there is a significant amount of people facing this issue. It could be that nobody else, like me, has time to bother to complain. As I mentioned in the OP this has been happening for over a month. Also was hoping things would correct itself.

•••
@Jeff Weller You were right. I confirmed it today myself.

I was able to reproduce this error by using a same device, same browser but different phone networks. The site works fine on the first network that connected to it and it gives error on the second. It works fine again when connected to the first network. This could possibly mean that the security settings set on the browser while visited first time with a first-network does not accommodate connection via second-network.

Fairly sophisticated bug. Already reported to @JBubba

•••
@JBubba @DropCatch Support

There has been no response since a couple of days, from you guys on the above issue. I am facing great difficulties in performing any activity on the site. I have also sent entire report on the dropcatch.com site using the contact form.

Now that the error is clear, hope it will get resolved soon.
Thanks.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back