Dynadot

Just be aware

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Looking at the auction page, it got me thinking (these shouldn't exist), honestly.

but they do..

•••
Last edited:
•••
IDNs are cool, but yes, people should be much more clear about a domain being an IDN, and in general be more honest with their listing tactics.

•••
"Thanks" for your "warning", I appreciate every good intention and it's no question that you have a good intention.

But as long as an "IDN" is offered as an "IDN" (which is the case at SEDO), there is no problem.

In addition, of course it's in the sellers responsibility how he describes his IDN on the offerpage - it should include "all what you should know about it before you buy it", otherwise it can turn into a "boomerang".

Last edited:
•••
It should be advertised as XN--CRYPT-Q29A.COM, then problem solved.

•••
It should be advertised as XN--CRYPT-Q29A.COM, then problem solved.
No, it should be advertised as
"cryptᴏ.com = xn--crypt-q29a.com" because it's both, the punycode and its "result" (the IDN itself), only then the problem is solved.

In this context, it's remarkable that...

..."GOOGLE's" browser "CHROME" shows it as puny code, "xn--crypt-q29a.com" while...

upload_2018-4-28_22-57-24.png
< CLICK TO SEE

..."MICSORSOFT's" browser "EDGE" shows it as the puny code's result, "cryptᴏ.com".

upload_2018-4-28_22-57-46.png
< CLICK TO SEE

Last edited:
•••
No, it should be advertised as "cryptᴏ.com = xn--crypt-q29a.com" because it's both, the punycode and its "result" (the IDN itself), only then the problem is solved.

In this context, it's remarkable that...

..."GOOGLE's" browser "CHROME" shows it as puny code, "xn--crypt-q29a.com" while...

Show attachment 86439
< CLICK TO SEE

..."MICSORSOFT's" browser "EDGE" shows it as the puny code's result, "cryptᴏ.com".

Show attachment 86440
< CLICK TO SEE

Yes, Edge produces the perfect phishing, scam etc result.

And not exactly remarkable?

•••
Yes, Edge produces the perfect phishing, scam etc result.

And not exactly remarkable?
Of course I understand your point, it could be used for bad activities.
But you can use many legal things in the wrong way - they just can't be banned because of that.

So first of all, "MICROSOFT" ("EDGE") produces the complete legal result, the IDN, of its punycode - that's the case.
You simply can't blame them if this IDN
(or generally "such IDNs") would be used for bad activities - it's always only the owner of it (of anything) who decides what he do with it / how he uses it.
In other word's, it's perfectly legal to show the IDN itself (instead of its punycode) as URL and to use it / offer it for sale if it is decribed in the right wayyy

Because of that, "MICROSOFT" ("EDGE") even informs the user about the fact that this domain is an IDN and that the address of this website includes advanced (Unicode -) characters, they explain it to the visitor - please see the following (part of the marked) screenshot (it's in german):

upload_2018-4-29_10-9-12.png

Last edited:
•••
Good to rise awareness about this type of incidents!

Last edited:
•••
Post reported

"Domain Industry News"
1.This post is in wrong section
2. Member "wot" make a post against my post "https://www.namepros.com/threads/i-have-best-domain-name-in-the-world-crypt-com-idn.1078116/" to degrade my name or perhaps running for publicity . My post was moved & edited and say clear is a IDN domain - is pointles & without purpose
Request to delete this post or at least moved in the right section
Kind regards,
I hope my demand will be solved. I'm nobody & sure Namepros don't care about me - in conescuince if this issue does not resolve and require it to be deleted my account as long as Namepros not respect rules & long some members have nothing to do with domain name business

•••
Post reported

"Domain Industry News"
1.This post is in wrong section
2. Member "wot" make a post against my post "https://www.namepros.com/threads/i-have-best-domain-name-in-the-world-crypt-com-idn.1078116/" to degrade my name or perhaps running for publicity . My post was moved & edited and say clear is a IDN domain - is pointles & without purpose
Request to delete this post or at least moved in the right section
Kind regards,
I hope my demand will be solved. I'm nobody & sure Namepros don't care about me - in conescuince if this issue does not resolve and require it to be deleted my account as long as Namepros not respect rules & long some members have nothing to do with domain name business
The post is under the "warnings" section exactly where it should be.
It's up to individual members to determine whether or not they heed it or not. From the feedback obviously quite a few have.

•••
The post is under the "warnings" section exactly where it should be.
It's up to individual members to determine whether or not they heed it or not. From the feedback obviously quite a few have.
No is not in the right section + like i say ..we have a words here "acceasi Marie dar cu alta palarie"
For you & public audience (because anyway i am out from this forum)
thedomains.png

As you can see, did i lie in this post?Clear i say is IDN (so no lie)
How i make advertising?I am free to make advertising at my discretion
McDonald's make advertising for his products on tv & when you go to buy is a big difference from what you say on tv & what you buy..and not only MC

Peace to all & good luck to all to sell domains

•••
No is not in the right section + like i say ..we have a words here "acceasi Marie dar cu alta palarie"
For you & public audience (because anyway i am out from this forum)
Show attachment 86525
As you can see, did i lie in this post?Clear i say is IDN (so no lie)
How i make advertising?I am free to make advertising at my discretion
McDonald's make advertising for his products on tv & when you go to buy is a big difference from what you say on tv & what you buy..and not only MC

Peace to all & good luck to all to sell domains

Why leave the forum?

It's the best place on the planet to learn about domains and what is acceptable and what is not.
An English saying - "biting off your nose to spite your face".
Cool down and rethink your actions.

•••
These are a total waste of time for all involved the only time i feel it has some use is if you actually owned crypto dot com and wanted a name you can burn with spam.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back