domains JoeRogan.net expires closes at $52,000 at GoDaddy auctions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact

Joe Rogan is a very popular podcaster and UFC color commentator amongst many other things. The Joe Rogan Experience is on Spotify and his website is at JoeRogan.com. He also registered JoeRogan.net way back in the day and that domain name expired today. JoeRogan.net according to Archive.org redirected to JoeRogan.com. JoeRogan.net ended at $52,000 at GoDaddy auctions. The name is at ENOM so Joe … [Read more...]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
For their sake, I hope the buyer's name is Joe Rogan. If they really pay.

•••
Really not worth it for a .net, even if he is a big star.

•••
For their sake, I hope the buyer's name is Joe Rogan. If they really pay.
It has to be. I'll never understand why someone would pay that kind of money, if it wasn't "the man" himself (maybe an accident on his part, didn't renew). If it is him, he'd probably still get it, even if half that price. Some things are so overpaid, but I guess that's what makes the domain business interesting

Last edited:
•••
I think someone saw the tens of thousands of backlinks that this site has collected for over 2 decades, and saw huge SEO value even if it's kind of an odd "niche", not to mention the people that actually click on those tens of thousands of links, the domain probably still gets a good chunk of traffic.

50k, for something like 80k+ backlinks from 10k+ referring domains. 5 bucks a pop for links from unique referring domains like for links from BBC, Guardian, NY Times, techcrunch, Cnet, LATimes, Inc.com, TheVerge, SBNation, Vice, CBC.ca.... That's a S-T-E-A-L. When you factor in 80k+ links for 50k, for someone with a site about comedy, entertainment, media...? Whew, big W.

If someone owns a site about comedy and just redirects this domain to it, they'll be laughing. Trying to build it out into a popular site is probably a misstep due to the name and everything, but maybe if they just redirect it they can fly under the radar enough while still reaping massive SEO benefits.

Also, for Joe's sake hopefully he'll end up with the domain, it would be unfortunate if someone were to re-create his old email addresses @joerogan.net if he used those, and do password reminders on any of his old social media accounts or whatever else.

Last edited:
•••

Joe Rogan is a very popular podcaster and UFC color commentator amongst many other things. The Joe Rogan Experience is on Spotify and his website is at JoeRogan.com. He also registered JoeRogan.net way back in the day and that domain name expired today. JoeRogan.net according to Archive.org redirected to JoeRogan.com. JoeRogan.net ended at $52,000 at GoDaddy auctions. The name is at ENOM so Joe … [Read more...]
The best thing to do is to donate it to the person who has the name. I doubt it would be able to be used, or even flipped.

•••
It's an SEO play... 133,000 backlinks from 7,000+ sites (including many major sites). Joe used this as his main domain for years until he eventually acquired the .com - A smart marketer will make a solid ROI by harnessing the link juice ;)

•••
$50K for a swift UDRP loss. Expensive.

•••
1655157892663.png

Yeah, backlinks.

•••
It's an SEO play... 133,000 backlinks from 7,000+ sites (including many major sites). Joe used this as his main domain for years until he eventually acquired the .com - A smart marketer will make a solid ROI by harnessing the link juice ;)
How do I find backlinks for a domain name?

•••
•••
•••
If trying to hIjack you might want a few more back up moves on the floor.
As all the seo traffic is for Joe but don't expect people to link to it either if know not the podcast.

Last edited:
•••
Only name holder rich person can do this :xf.smile:

•••
Many of you mentioned that backlinks were probably the underlining value of this name. You are probably right. However, let me ask you this. How valuable are those backlinks if you don't develop the same content as the previous site? If you replace content or simply forward the website, Google starts deindexing and deranking pretty quickly in my experience. Unless there is significant traffic coming in from some old links, all this 'juice' is pointless. Am I wrong?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back