NameSilo

Joe Uddeme at NameExperts.com Books $285,000 Sale To Top This Week's Chart

Labeled as sales in Domain Industry News started by Ron Jackson, Jul 18, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. Ron Jackson

Ron Jackson Top Member DNJournal.com PRO ICA Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

The new weekly domain sales report is out at DNJournal.com. After ringing up one of last year's 10 biggest sales, Joe Uddeme of NameExperts.com is back with one of this year's 15 biggest deals to date - a $285,000 .com heavyweight that headlines our latest weekly all extension Top 20 Sales Chart. While the .coms enjoyed their usual dominance, four solid ccTLD sales also earned spots on the elite list, including one of the year's 15 biggest in that category (a two-letter German .de domain). You can get all of the details here: https://www.dnjournal.com/archive/domainsales/2019/20190724.htm

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Vito

Vito Domain Names Matter Gold Account VIP Trusted Contest Holder ★★★★★★★★★★

Congrats to Joe Uddeme.
    Fora.com @ $285,000 is really just an incredible sale!

3. TERADOMAIN

TERADOMAIN Top Member VIP

Thanks for sharing

4. BeforeTheDot

BeforeTheDot Upgraded Member Gold Account

Congrats on the sale Joe.

5. Avijit Roy

Avijit Roy Established Member

Awesome sale.

6. namemarket

namemarket Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

A mind-boggling sale in several ways, first DNJ said "Fora is the plural version of the word "forum" which is valid but isn't the FAR more popular plural word in reality "forums" or am I missing something?

Personally. I never heard of a Fora before and had no idea what a fora was until I read Ron's definition. At first glance I was thinking it was related to flowers or plants, or an acronym.

Another issue is I heard the 'forum' business in general is down considerably over past several years, making the sale price even more amazing as it would seem forums are much harder to monetize. Is that not correct?

One more thing is I believe if the name was listed for sale on this forum it would be far from easy to get more than 4 figures or possibly not getting above even 3 to low 4 figures so it's astonishing sale for 285k.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
  7. werty

werty Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

I don't think the sale is based on it's actual meaning but rather brand potential. "Fora" sounds more like a highly memorable brand imo.

8. namemarket

namemarket Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

yes, it is a very nice brand but that value is still dubious.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags: