Dynadot

.tv It's happened! .TV is getting lots of action

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
A year ago I had a period of about a month where I sold three names to three different buyers in three different countries:

ROCKET.tv
GRAPE.tv
WEREWOLF.tv

I've sold many other names before, but these three all came so quickly and were such happy experiences I never forgot them. Indeed, one of the names went through in less than an hour - from the person phoning me - to me receiving the money.

For months afterwards I checked every now and then to see if the people who had acquired the names were doing something useful with their names - as each had said they would be doing. Sadly, none seemed to be happening.

Just had a quick look this morning and it looks like two of the three are up and running and the other seems pretty close to completion - indeed Rocket.tv may be turning into something big.

The reason I write is that it now seems that the buyers of .tv names are less likely to be other domainers but endusers who understand exactly what .tv is all about and are happy to use .tv in place of any other extension.

It seems the pool of .tv portfolio owners is fairly constant - and they own enough already, just adding the odd one or two to their collections when they see fit.

The pull of new people into the .tv domain arena as domainers has diminished at exactly the same time the endusers are making their presence felt.

.tv is a hard extension to master - but does need some patience to have its rewards. I can see why most domainers stay a million miles away.

To all those who waited and are seeing results. Well done. Perhaps it was worth the effort!

Oh, one final thing, it obviously takes between 12 months to 18 months for the average .tv name to go from being purchased by an enduser to becoming a reality as a finished product.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Congrats on your sales. I like rocket.tv.
I have a few.
any idea on what price range you got for them?

•••
I bought Apprentice.TV and it was used by the UK government in the past to show the videos about apprenticeships. I put a website on it and have written unique content. I am getting new back links everyday.

In October The Apprentice 2016 starts again in the UK. Will write about the show. This is a long term project for me.

•••
I bought Apprentice.TV and it was used by the UK government in the past to show the videos about apprenticeships. I put a website on it and have written unique content. I am getting new back links everyday.

In October The Apprentice 2016 starts again in the UK. Will write about the show. This is a long term project for me.
Liked your FB page

•••
•••
•••
Back