Dynadot

discuss Is this price ok for this domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Kiko

Established Member
Impact
hi fam!,
LLLL.com, 4 letter word English dictionary, very brandable, word use mainly by lawyers in courts of law.

how much they go for right now in the market?
I see some very expensive but also some at an ok price?

what s the range PRICE for a domain of this caliber?
FOR EXAMPLE : fast.com , race.com , beam.com, tide.com, need.com, list.com, keep.com, stay.com, walk.com, huge.com, best.com, keep.com. hope.com, etc etc etc

HOW MUCH DO YOU THINK A DOMAIN OF THIS CALIBER SHOULD GO FOR? 100k? 150k? 200k?? 300k? 400k? 500k?

PLS DONT SAY IT DEPENDS, GIVE ME A NUMBER RANGE, OR A NUMBER THAT WOULD BE AN OK SALE..

lets say I purchase only.com for 75k back in 2013, how much would you sell it right now?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The names you listed are certainly 7 figure category with patience and mid 6 figure for a faster sale (within months).

Not sure though if your name is really similar to those.

•••
•••
Funny, how do you expect people to give you a specific number to sell for the name you don't disclose?
I also assume that your name is not anywhere near words best, walk, race etc by popularity (thus number of companies potentially interested). Shoot the name (preferably in the Appraisal section).

Or you can PM me, if you want.

•••
hi fam!,
LLLL.com, 4 letter word English dictionary, very brandable, word use mainly by lawyers in courts of law.

how much they go for right now in the market?
I see some very expensive but also some at an ok price?

FOR EXAMPLE : fast.com , race.com , beam.com, tide.com, need.com, list.com, keep.com, stay.com, walk.com, huge.com, best.com, keep.com. hope.com, etc etc etc

It depends. Many of those are million dollar domains.

If it is of that quality, that range. If not, a lower range.

Impossible to really give a direct answer without more information.

Brad

•••
fast.com 800k (transport)
race.com 1.5m (gaming)
beam.com 500k (sounds like a great web3 name)
tide.com careful with it's use, 700k (therapy)
need.com 300k (global wishlist site big potential for affiliate rev)
list.com 1.5m (lead company)
keep.com 300k
stay.com 300k (dog training, kidding)
walk.com 4m (general fitness)
huge.com 1.5m (bodybuilding supplements / community)
best.com 3m (reviews)
hope.com 3.5m (therapy, self help)

Less than a minute to give those numbers so don't take it too serious.

•••
Everyone above gave pretty solid answers. Another point why "it depends"...who's your buyer. In a fantasy scenario, if a billion company (with truck loads of money) released a product called "Fit X", and you own "fitx dot com", and they REALLY NEED your domain for their fitness application, a 6 or 7 figure offer wouldn't necessarily be out the question. On the other hand, other companies may test you with strong 5 figure offers. Even though you don't want people saying "it depends", but it does...researching a buyers profile is a necessity. You need a real situation in front of you to cast judgment, IMO

Last edited:
•••

It's a combination of what price the seller is looking for and the length of their desired timeline.

What I can tell you is that if I had any of the above domains, I'd be waiting for several million and above offers only. The first and foremost reason is that I don't need the money immediately and it isn't interesting to me to sell something that would be very difficult to replace, for a low amount. For many sellers, it is a once-in-a-lifetime event owning that caliber of name, so why not wait for it's "best possible use" scenario to arrive?

There's many ways to do this without it being dependent on what's currently in the buyer's bank account, which tends to drive many sales in the 6-7 figure range.

I (as UltraPremiums.com) was the broker of Stable(dot)com for over a year and (unfortunately) into the pandemic time period. My only goal for the domain was to sell it to the best possible buyer and I believed, and still do believe that it could bring in $5-$10 million with the right buyer. If you do a search there are many uses out there including insurance, investment funds, finance, EV charger technology, and Stablecoin projects that are already branded with this name.

That name was such a high caliber that I was getting several $200-$300k offers from investors. I would have gone in with a partner at that level if the seller was looking to sell in that range. The key point is that I was willing to pay that much and had no use for the domain other than as an investment! So what would an actual company pay that would get immediate benefit, especially if the company is making revenue in the tens of millions or more.

The name ended up selling earlier this year, with a different broker over a year after I stopped representing the domain, for $1,008,925. That's great for the seller, because I think they preferred it sell somewhat sooner than later, but personally I never would have sold at that rate if I owned it, and that's why I was only looking for more as a broker. Because that's what I believe was it's true worth.

For your situation you mentioned that the term is used mainly in court, which is not similar to the list of 4 letter domains above. Being that it is related to court, unless it could otherwise be used outside that capacity, it is somewhat stuck in a niche for court use. Then you have to ask is there negative or positive feelings associated with that word. Then if it is limited to court, would a lawyer use the name? I would think most lawyers would not use the name because they seem to stick to law firm names. Then would it only be limited to apps that are in the legal area? Could still be great, but if limited to a niche market, it may take longer to sell, especially if you can't find an existing company using that same name for their app/business/project.

It may be the case already, but advice I'd give anyone is to make sure that you're engaging in Accurate Thinking no matter what the domain name. I get several requests a month to represent a particular domain that is obscure and very targeted to a niche market with no commercial use in existence. That makes no sense for me to represent something like that because you can't find buyers and in the end those names would go for maybe $20k max. That combination of being obscure and difficult to sell, along with a low selling price prevents anyone from wanting to invest the amount of time needed to make the deal happen.

Last edited:
•••
Well...

It depends.
Lol. Yep. There are some pretty obscure terms out there, regardless of domain length.

At least LLLL narrows down the rarity. But it really does depend on the name. Even then, our opinions can be far off to what some is willing or not to fork over for the name.

Just find a price you're willing to sell for.

•••
You ask for guidance on “this” domain but don’t list the name. Rather counterintuitive.

Lawyers are cheap so I don’t care what the word is the price needs to be realistic. If the term can only be used in one niche you have to factor that in.

If you overprice they will just use another extension.

Last edited:
•••
I wouldn't sell only.com for less than 5 milly and some equity.

2 mill is too low. 1 mill, get out of here.

This is the future we're talking about here.

Last edited:
•••
This post is stupid. Apologies in advance for saying it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back