Domain Empire

Is this an ok offer to sell?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello,
I received an offer of $650 for the domain Ledger Solutions dot com. Should I sell or wait for a better offer? Buyer said, "can not pay more!"

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello,
I followed your advice and I was able to sell it to the same person for more! Not a lot! But it's a better deal than the first one! Just made the deal this weekend! He already paid me half thru paypal. I should receive the other half on the 31st.

Thanks Guys for all the help!

•••
•••
Well done. Glad it worked out for you!

•••
congrats on selling the domain :tu:

•••
•••
I am saying that one should be informed when entering into negotiations and use that information to maximize the return on the sale.
You can't argue w/ that.
I'm curious. For those of us who are selling through Sedo, Afternic and other similar sites that handle the offers and oversee negotiations, the one major drawback that I have found, is the inability to determine who the other party might be. The nature of the name, search data and the amt of the offer can give clues, but to my knowledge, there is no work around for determining exactly who is at the other end.

•••
I still don't know who the buyer is? But we'll see after!

CoolJeff or moderator,

Is it possible to randomly –thru a lottery drawing- pick 2 members from all the ones who replied in this thread before I posted/declared the sale? I would like to paypal $25 to each. Total of $50. It’s nothing but I would like to be able to pay for at least the registration of 3 domains for who ever member gets picked up. I would have liked everyone to be picked but sorry!

Or I can purchase $50 worth of NP$ and moderator can distribute them evenly among all the ones who replied in this thread before I posted/declared the sale if possible!

Thank you Guys!

•••
good job! You made a wise choice not to wait fo rthat 6K offer. I can almost guarantee it would have never come along.

Last edited:
•••
zquest said:
good job! You made a wise choice not to wait fo rthat 6K offer. I can almost guarantee it would have never come along.

Thanks, zquest!
I ended up selling it for $1,500

•••
Wisconsin, great job with the sale. A little bit more :P Double original offer is a pretty good increase.

•••
RIGHT ON! $1,500 is 230% of $650. That's a huge difference. I wouldn't worry about donating any $$$, were all here to help!

However, here is the list of the folks who suggested that you negotiate... a PM of personal thanks will be good for most.

PrimaComputer
equity78
Idaho Farmer (that's me!)

Again, nice work!

•••
Great sale. It's nice to see someone double their earnings simply by having the balls to ask for it.

If you need help in identifying a buyer let me know. Some people can do a good job of hiding their identity, but there are many tricks you can use to find it.

As for selling though Sedo, etc, this deprives you of two things useful in identifying the buyer. Information you'd normally get in the email header, and the ability to respond with with a tracked email. Granted this makes things more difficult, however there are still other ways to work out who it is.

Even if you're parked on Sedo you can still have a landing page on your own server that redirects or frames the Sedo page. All you need is a list of visitors from the day of the offer and you have an IP address for the buyer. Hopefully he's not going through proxy server.

Even if he is, odds are that someone from his company will visit directly and you'll be able to track them down that way. On big sales you'll probably get visits from a few people in the office making it piece of cake to work out who they are.

•••
Me too, take the money and run!

Edit: didnt know there was a second page, lol, congrats on your sale.

•••
Excellent sale! And excellent advice. It is hard to be patient and hold out for more money. It sure paid off in this instance!

•••
CoolJeff or moderator,

Is it possible to randomly –thru a lottery drawing- pick 2 members from all the ones who replied in this thread before I posted/declared the sale? I would like to paypal $25 to each. Total of $50. It’s nothing but I would like to be able to pay for at least the registration of 3 domains for who ever member gets picked up. I would have liked everyone to be picked but sorry!

Or I can purchase $50 worth of NP$ and moderator can distribute them evenly among all the ones who replied in this thread before I posted/declared the sale if possible!

Very nice approach to rewarding those who helped advise you, Wisconsin. [edit]-> Although not required or expected.
You probably have already acted, (I just got caught up on the thread this morning), but, if you haven't proceeded, and still wish to do so, my suggestion would be to use NP$. That way you would also be supporting the economy at NP, which has provided the platform for the discussion. Additionally, it will save you time.
This is an excellent thread. A real world, real time discussion examining negotiations. Gained some real insight here, and realize that I may have sold myself a little short on one or two of my recent transactions. In all honesty, my knee jerk reaction would have been to sell at $650, as some of the other members had suggested. Good call PrimaComputer, equity78 and Idaho Farmer.

Even if you're parked on Sedo you can still have a landing page on your own server that redirects or frames the Sedo page. All you need is a list of visitors from the day of the offer and you have an IP address for the buyer

Great advice, primacomputer. I'd like to PM you to get a little more detail on the mechanics that this entails, if that's OK-or- you could could expand here. I understand the concept, but am fuzzy as to the A->B->C logistics of setting this up. By own server, do you mean your own physical/dedicated server, or will a forward to a hosting server w/ traffic reporting do?

Last edited:
•••
Grrilla said:
Great advice, primacomputer. I'd like to PM you to get a little more detail on the mechanics that this entails, if that's OK-or- you could could expand here. I understand the concept, but am fuzzy as to the A->B->C logistics of setting this up. By own server, do you mean your own physical/dedicated server, or will a forward to a hosting server do?
That's easy.
Change DNS records of the domain to point to whatever hosting you use, create a default page with two frames. Top frame is the landing frame. The bottom's target is the parked page (Sedo in this case). You will basically end up with the same Sedo-looking page with custom header (which is your top frame) - just put your message there ("For Sale" or whatever). Install whatever stats package is available.
You're now killing four birds:
- getting PPC revenue;
- you're still listed on Sedo;
- you can add meta-info to your default frame page and submit it to Google.
- you can add your direct contact info to the top frame (although I think this might violate Sedo's TOS)

•••
Ahhh... the picture is getting clearer. Will attempt a run-through using your procedure. Will admit that I've got alot to learn- can see alot of the parts just haven't assembled them, yet- but it beats the heck out of staying w/ the status quo, and being bored. TX Midano. :)

•••
Grrilla said:
...but, if you haven't proceeded, and still wish to do so, my suggestion would be to use NP$.

Thanks, Grrilla! I just purchased $60 of NP$. Can you please help me distribute them evenly according to my early post.

Thank you all!

•••
The procedure Midano described works well. Sedo has instructions for how to do this on their site. Unfortunately their code doesn't work, but then what on Sedo does. It's pretty straight forward but if you want I can give you a working index.html file that you can edit and use. Feel free to PM.

•••
Hello,
I just sent NP$ as promissed! Again, Thank you All!

•••
NP$ received! Although it was really not neccessary, we appretiate it..;)

Thanks!

•••
First off Congrats on getting more for your name glad this thread helped. Secondly thank you for the NP more than fair. Good Luck on all your names.

•••
ftech said:
NP$ received! Although it was really not neccessary, we appretiate it..;)

Thanks!
Ditto!

•••
Again, nice sale! Also, Nice Gesture with the NP$, thanks!!!

•••
It really wasn't necessary, thanks though.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back