IT.COM

Is this a scam?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Please take a look at eBay Item # 2739237830
0T.NET for sale.
To me it looks like a scam, but I may be wrong (I didn't contact the seller).
Thanks.
Mike

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Originally posted by DomMike
The good news is that ebay has cancelled the auction. Someone must have complained :blink: :hehe:

you? :)

GO ebay! !

•••
hmm Ive been a member of ebay for a while too 2-3 years or so :)

•••
•••
•••
Hello to all on this forum and thread!

Just want to let you all know that the guy that is selling that domain name 0T.NET is ok in my book :) :)

p.s. the name is still available along with other names!

•••
Welcome to namepros Cornel

Nice to hear :)

•••
As the starter of this thread, I apologise to Cornel and welcome him to NamePros.
Hope you sell a lot of names on eBay, but try to get some Feedbacks, and it helps if you add a short description to your auctions.

In any case, I still think that we learned a lot from the thread, as your auction was legit but some aren't.

Mike

•••
Ebay is often untrustable. You don't know who you're dealing with. Also, you have no idea what kind of scams the people have pulled in the past. Since your only contact in through e-mail and the such, they can essentially disappear on you, in only a number of a few seconds. Although, if you are indeed audacious enough to use ebay, you can often find a good bargain. So if the price looks right, trust your gut on whether or not it is a scam. Good luck on your purchase, if you do indeed buy. Ebay CAN be worth it. However, as I said, unless you're confident, watch your step, every step. Have fun on ebay!

•••
•••
lol... I see no reason to think its a scam... maybe if he has a neg rating but cause it was 0 is being mean to newbs.

•••
Originally posted by Darkfire001
Grr, I wonder if its true that up to 5% of all ebay auctions are fraudulent :(

Where'd you hear that...? I haven't encountered any troubles with ebay, as of yet.

•••
It looks like a scam to me. Just be careful...

•••
Wait... I thought I read they took the auction down? Now I'm really confused...

•••
This thread is actually about 2 auctions.
The first one was about 0T.NET and that has been determined that it was NOT a scam, the seller is actually now a member on this forum.
The second one was about this guy pretending to be selling the BMW domain name, when in fact he was selling BMVV.com (with 2 V's), and that one was cancelled by eBay.

Mike

•••
That's just stupid. "VV" doesn't even look like a real typed "W".

*shakes head*

•••
Looks like a scam to me..:|

•••
There are lots of scam on eBay. Take care.

•••
•••
•••
I thought the guy claiming to have the Ruud Van Nistelrooy .com name was a fake.. until I saw he'd spelt it Van Nistlerooy, haha!

-Alex

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back