Dynadot

poll Is this a new scam?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Is this a new scam?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    62.5%
  • Maybe

votes
    0.0%
  • No

votes
    37.5%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

VaibhavA

Top Member
Impact
Hello all, I received this mail today.

"Hi,

My name is Christina Blake and i work for Val of Any Neo Ltd based in the UK. We saw that your website http://xxxxxxxxxx.com is about to expire or has recently expired. We would to make an offer to you before it expires or before someone else purchases the domain name (if it has already expired).

Instead of letting the website expire, can we be responsible for paying the hosting and domain renewal fees for the website every year and in turn, all we ask is that you mention us on your homepage.

Let us know how you see the offer. Please contact our manager Val at [email protected] if you are interested in the offer or simply reply to this email.

Thanks

Best Regards."

Firstly, its just domain name and not website and its not about to expire.

Secondly, why will anyone pay and for what.

Need your opinion...what do you think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
yeah, first mail of its kind.

Maybe you are right. So, how much can I charge?

•••
Does your domain have any decent Seo metrics ?

•••
•••
That's probably how they found it, they didn't even check if there is a website. They are paying for juicy homepage back links.

•••
If you Google the email address it brings up additional information, which you may find helpful.

...gl

•••
Google hasn't heard of any neo ltd

•••
•••
Looks like a normal offer to me. I would sell the domain to them :)

•••
•••
Looks like a normal offer to me. I would sell the domain to them

I have sent them a mail that the domain is for sale. But honestly, I havent seen a serious buyer with such shady talks.

If someone wants backlink juice, he will ask for it.

If someone wants to buy it, its there for sale at all marketplaces or the buyer will make an offer.

But you never know if someones got a different style.

I ll keep you updated.

Last edited:
•••
Why even worry about it, you will probably sell the domain in a few years anyways so the most you are set to gain is a couple of renewals. Sound too problematic for 16 bucks or so. Chances are you have hosting anyways so that is a non issue.

I would ignore it and move on, nothing in life is free. Focus on the task at hand and that is to sell your domains. By even entertaining this offer you are admitting you may have the domain for a while. Focus as much energy on moving the domain and you won't need anyone to pay for a renewal.

•••
People are always scamming.. Smh..someone called me lying like they were from godaddy

•••
Its just 3-4 month old domain.

Also, I have recd some offers on it already, so theres no hurry or worry.

•••
most likely not in your best interest

•••
Why even worry about it, you will probably sell the domain in a few years anyways so the most you are set to gain is a couple of renewals. Sound too problematic for 16 bucks or so. Chances are you have hosting anyways so that is a non issue.

I would ignore it and move on, nothing in life is free. Focus on the task at hand and that is to sell your domains. By even entertaining this offer you are admitting you may have the domain for a while. Focus as much energy on moving the domain and you won't need anyone to pay for a renewal.

This

Go ahead and lock the thread!

•••
i get slammed with cold calls, spam mail and even text messaging every time i reg a name lately, :punch:

images

•••
i get slammed with cold calls, spam mail and even text messaging every time i reg a name lately, :punch:

Same here, the call display says NewYork but the voice always has an Indian accent. It's driving me nuts, I notice it's only on .com's for me and the domains where privacy is not set.

•••
Same here, the call display says NewYork but the voice always has an Indian accent. It's driving me nuts, I notice it's only on .com's for me and the domains where privacy is not set.

I am from India and I face the same issue. Must have blocked hundreds of numbers so far, but they just wont stop calling from newer numbers.

Cant do anything more about it. They are just looking for work and they are desperate.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Here are some conversation details after I replied that its just a domain name and its for sale.

Val - If i buy the domain directly from you, will i get the whole site as it
looked in 2016 with the website files intact?

Me - No, its just the domain name.

Val - ok. is there anyway, i can get the whole site?

Me - I am sorry, I dont know any way.

Since no scam happened, so it cant be proven.

But when does a owner contacts you and offers something hypothetical and redirects you to some manager?

Well, its just me.

Do you think they were trying to scam?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back