NameSilo

debate Is there any purpose to offer domains for sale to women in leadership positions?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Emil K.

Established Member
Impact
By selling domains to end-users, I got an impression that the women I contacted are absolutely not interested in buying domains.

Since women in almost all industries are increasingly occupying managerial positions, this could constitute a major barrier to this domain selling mode (via cold emails) in the future.

Do most of them have no idea what the domains are and what their significance is, or it’s about something else? (The issue relates to the territory of the USA.)

Does it make sense to send offers to them, or should them simply be avoided?

What are your experiences in this regard?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have nothing against women, of course, or against their penetration into business leadership. On the contrary.

Simply said, I had a negligible response to my mails by women in comparison to men. That's all.

And when they answer (very rare), then it's something in the style: 'I already have a domain, what will I do with one more?'

Starting with the word women. How does a persons sex alter the value of an offer?

•••
By selling domains to end-users, I got an impression that the women I contacted are absolutely not interested in buying domains.

Since women in almost all industries are increasingly occupying managerial positions, this could constitute a major barrier to this domain selling mode (via cold emails) in the future.

Do most of them have no idea what the domains are and what their significance is, or it’s about something else? (The issue relates to the territory of the USA.)

Ive done plenty of transactions with women. I don't even know where you get off posting something like this. I don't know why in your mind you want to discriminate women. You ever consider maybe it's your crappy domains and that's why they don't want to buy them?

•••
You ever consider maybe it's your crappy domains and that's why they don't want to buy them?
Looking at his domain in question, that's exactly the case.

•••
•••
Perhaps its the domain, rather than the person you are soliciting, that may be the problem?

So your name has 1600 exact match searches, but the name sucks in terms of basing a website on. And if anything, women are far sharper at spotting a crappy name than us Joes.

I do not consider the domain that I offer to be something that needs to become a brand, but as an ancillary tool to increase the site's visibility. IMO, because if someone looking for a jewelry store in NY they will surely not enter the search: John Smits's Diamonds, than the "jewelry store New York".
An ancillary tool might be like a redirect, perhaps something along the iines of JohnSmits.Diamonds (new gTLD). But to spend money on a long name that matches a search term and to spend even further time developing it or "tooling" it would be a mighty waste, when their existing site could have the proper SEO built in.

A women in a leadership position already has her domain name. She's not looking for a cubic zirconia.

•••
In India NTRO the equivalent of NSA will falsely claim that the mistresses, girlfriends and relatives of top officials who do not spend any money on domain names, ownthe domains of a private citizen, to pay the lazy greedy frauds a monthly government raw/cbi salary due to the incompetence,corruption of the indian government

When having powerful liar friends, relatives, sugar daddies, offering bribes will make a lazy greedy liar, cheater a domain investor for indian government records, why will a well connected woman in India spend money to legally purchase domain names

•••
Everyone had a chance to pitch their 2 cents debating here. Now the time has come for us to toss a scientific coin to get some definite answers from the professionals by hearing what the psychologists and other academics have to say on the matter:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...do-men-and-women-lead-differently-whos-better

http://www.cpahq.org/cpahq/cpadocs/Genderdiffe.pdf

I didn't read the pdf file as it's very long. IMHO, female managers are more successful and are hired more in the companies that sell products in maturity stage (maturity stage of product). Male managers are more successful and are hired more in the companies that sell products in growth stage and decline stage. Female and male managers manage equally well or bad when the product is in its introduction stage.

Men are better at crisis management, take more risks and can handle matter of life or death type of situations. This brings new and ongoing challenges and then growth.

Women managers take less risks. It's necessary to keep the market share stable. Protecting your existing market share is more valuable management vision if you sell a product in its maturity stage. In a mature industry, market is at its maximum size. So you don't want anything more, you want only not to lose what you have, especially if you are a market leader. Women are better at protecting financial resources than men. Men raise or lose existing resources but can't keep resources -maybe anything- :) stable. Men are programmed to lose or win, are result oriented. Women are process oriented, have less desire to ask for more, are modest about what they own. So they can never understand each other, manage everything very differently.

Therefore recruitment criteria for managerial positions must be related to the product that employer sells.

Jewellery is a product in its maturity stage where female managers do better. It's normal to see more female managers in jewellery and other mature industries. On the other hand, you will see more male managers in growing industries.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks, @poweredbyme, for making the TL;DR articles from my links short and easy to digest by your response!

•••
Ok, here is a concrete example, in fact the situation about which I created this thread (and not to cause feminist reactions to allegedly underestimating female intelligence and potential abilities).

About my domain, JewelryStoreNewYork.com (1,600 exact match searches per month in USA on Google) I found 100 sites, whose owners might be interested in buying it. Of course, these are websites owned by Jewelers whose stores are located in the New York area.

Since, apart from the criticism that I am a chauvinist, I did not receive any specific advice, I sent about 150 e-mails with offers for selling the mentioned domain, mostly to the direct email addresses of the owners of those jewelry stores. In the subject line I wrote: Jeweler Store New York.

The result: my email was opened (read) by 8 men and only 2 women. Unfortunately, there were no concrete offers for the purchase. That is sad, having in mind that most of the domains under which these sites are worth nothing, and some are funny (MadeInEarthUS.com, QuietStorms.com, BrooklynCharm.com, ShapeOfLies.com, TheEndIsNearBrooklyn.com, Mr-Diamond-USA.com, OutletteNYC.com, YoursAndMine.com, CatbirdNYC.com etc.), and most of others begin with the name or last name of the owner(s), probably with the intention of becoming a brand on a distant day, for which the chances are very small due to the enormous competition.

IMO, women are far less interested in this topic, so knowledge in that area is limited to them. Of course, I'm talking about most women; respect for exceptions.

I used Estibot to look up your domain name - exact match came up 73 searches/month with a cost per click = $1.73. Estibot valued the domain at $420

1) As someone mentioned, I think you should change the subject of your email to simply include the domain name itself.

2) JewelryStoreNewYork.com is targeting a specific geological area and niche so that makes it more of a challenge overall.

3) Let go of the negativity. You mention the companies you reached out to have domains that, "..begin with the name or last name of the owner(s), probably with the intention of becoming a brand on a distant day, for which the chances are very small due to the enormous competition."

Many of the domain names you mentioned are pretty cool....I personally love BrooklynCharm.com - Yes, they could increase their visibility/website traffic if they purchase your domain too, but you need to educate them/convince them/sell that to them in your intro email

4) Don't focus on gender as it's irrelevant, really. The domain name industry is male dominate, however in my personal experience (as a woman in the industry)...there's plenty of men who don't know squat (but are impressed once they learn more). Again, your goal should be to explain why the name is valuable to their business in your introduction email as if you are talking to someone that has no clue.

Good luck

•••
You ever consider maybe it's your crappy domains and that's why they don't want to buy them?

That's the entire point of the post, that men are collectors and hoarders who will buy far more superfluous domains than women.

•••
That's the entire point of the post, that men are collectors and hoarders who will buy far more superfluous domains than women.

Um NO, the OP was saying it was pointless to try to sell domains to women which is complete bs. Women buy domains they also sell domains. Domainers in this industry may be majority of men, But there's tons of women that are end-users out there that will buy the right domain from you if its presented to them. FYI I Just had a offer from a woman 3 days ago for 2,500 but they dont buy domains... sureeeee

•••
Um NO, the OP was saying it was pointless to try to sell domains to women which is complete bs.

I'm not saying what you think he said, I'm saying that by taking his comments, current scientific data on hoarding, collecting and OCD, then combine that with the domains he posted, the underlying theme of his comments is that it's far easier to sell domains to men than women, and I agree with that wholeheartedly.

It's far from a slam on women, and is really no different than saying women own more shoes than men - stats back this up clearly with an average working female owning 50 or more shoes and the average working male owning around 20. Am I insulting men here? Hardly, and I'm just stating verified facts that have been backed up by countless studies.

If a business already has a primary domain, then scientific studies confirm that from an overall perspective, selling a new domain to a male business leader will be much easier than to a female business leader. And if you want to take it as a slam on either gender, then take it as against men, who science has determined are "easier marks".

•••
I'm not saying what you think he said, I'm saying that by taking his comments, current scientific data on hoarding, collecting and OCD, then combine that with the domains he posted, the underlying theme of his comments is that it's far easier to sell domains to men than women, and I agree with that wholeheartedly.

It's far from a slam on women, and is really no different than saying women own more shoes than men - stats back this up clearly with an average working female owning 50 or more shoes and the average working male owning around 20. Am I insulting men here? Hardly, and I'm just stating verified facts that have been backed up by countless studies.

If a business already has a primary domain, then scientific studies confirm that from an overall perspective, selling a new domain to a male business leader will be much easier than to a female business leader. And if you want to take it as a slam on either gender, then take it as against men, who science has determined are "easier marks".

No where did he mention men hoarding he was speaking about selling to women endusers. Are you drunk? Whats clouding your vision here? Heres

Is there any purpose to offer domains for sale to women in leadership positions?

How is what your saying even relevant yo his comments or mine? Hes not talking about women domainers or hoarding. Discriminating against women end users from buying domains.

Last edited:
•••
No where did he mention men hoarding he was speaking about selling to women endusers. Are you drunk?.

I think this insult about ends our conversation, have a nice day.

•••
Ive done plenty of transactions with women. I don't even know where you get off posting something like this. I don't know why in your mind you want to discriminate women. You ever consider maybe it's your crappy domains and that's why they don't want to buy them?

Allahu akbar ’imadoer’,

I have mentioned some of my experience with previous sales.

I wanted to initiate a discussion about the sale of domains under specific conditions, not insults and provocations.

Perhaps my domains, for now, are relatively weak, but they're not 'crappy' like you say.

If you really want to praise you're smart, you should mention some of yours wonderful domains that are so desirable for women, so let us see what kind of expert you are, in fact.

Otherwise, your discussion, without arguments, turns into a real 'crappy' buffoonery.

•••
Allahu akbar ’imadoer’,

I have mentioned some of my experience with previous sales.

I wanted to initiate a discussion about the sale of domains under specific conditions, not insults and provocations.

Perhaps my domains, for now, are relatively weak, but they're not 'crappy' like you say.

If you really want to praise you're smart, you should mention some of yours wonderful domains that are so desirable for women, so let us see what kind of expert you are, in fact.

Otherwise, your discussion, without arguments, turns into a real 'crappy' buffoonery.
I don't need to show my domains off I make sales I don't need to show that off either.. you must live in a country where women don't have rights cause the way you talk about them just isn't right

•••
I don't need to show my domains off I make sales I don't need to show that off either.. you must live in a country where women don't have rights cause the way you talk about them just isn't right

Here, in Europe, women are highly respected and appreciated. They do not even have to put masks on the face to preserve honor and respect for the environment.

You missed the topic, my bearded friend with a turban.

This thread was not the goal to underestimate women, as it seems to you, but ordinary personal statistics of more experienced forum members in terms of the question of the percentage of women familiar with the domains role in marketing.

Some social activities are simply more immanent to men than to women and vice versa.

If someone asked the issue of women's representation among fans of football and fishing, or perhaps programming or plumbing, it would surely be a "smartman" like you, who would argue that more women like, for example football, than most men. A stupid way of reasoning.

It was enough to point out that your super-quality domains are buying more women than men. The insults were not necessary, nor did you help us in this way to deepen this topic.

To me, as a Christian, your comments on the "protection of women's rights" are really not necessary.

•••
No where did he mention men hoarding he was speaking about selling to women endusers. Are you drunk? Whats clouding your vision here?

Hi 'DomainRecap',

I totally agree. Excellent comparison and way of concluding.

No need to pay attention to people like this with a beard and a turban. A frustrated feminist is probably hiding from this beard and pseudonym. B-)

•••
Clicking on Unwatch Thread

Unwatch Thread - debate Is there any purpose to offer domains for sale to women in leadership positions?

You are watching this thread. Use the button below if you would like to stop watching this thread.

Last edited:
•••
Clicking on Unwatch Thread

Unwatch Thread - debate Is there any purpose to offer domains for sale to women in leadership positions?

You are watching this thread. Use the button below if you would like to stop watching this thread.

I think namepros should close this thread

•••
people like this with a beard and a turban
And what is this supposed to mean (Ignoring the fact that the DP is a joke image)? Do you have a problem with folks who have a beard and a turban?

•••
Two thoughts on this:

(To address issue of low response to your emails)

1. A jewelery store owner ( man or a woman) might have limited scope of knowledge and limited to the local business climate. He/ she might also not be aware of tech enabled services positively impacting their business. Thus, It is not easy to converse about domain names and its significance to them.

(To address issue of gender difference in accessing email)

2. There is a strong likelihood that most women avoid opening emails not coming from trusted/ known sources / sender. They would rather attend to other engagements than, spend time browsing/ checking non-required emails. Most men, on the other hand, might be open to browsing/ checking non-work emails to enagage their time. Again, this is a generalisation of men and women behaviour in developed/ developing countries. I have not seen a specific survey released on this. It could be a good survey to do for marketing.

•••
Answer to op question. Yes
I dont discriminate.
Two thoughts on this:

2. There is a strong likelihood that most women avoid opening emails not coming from trusted/ known sources / sender. They would rather attend to other engagements than, spend time browsing/ checking non-required emails. Most men, on the other hand, might be open to browsing/ checking non-work emails to enagage their time. Again, this is a generalisation of men and women behaviour in developed/ developing countries. I have not seen a specific survey released on this. It could be a good survey to do for marketing.
Where do you get this kind of thinking from? The OP?
Sad thread buddy

•••
Answer to op question. Yes
I dont discriminate.

Where do you get this kind of thinking from? The OP?
Sad thread buddy
Hi,
Based on your comments, I am assuming that you are not aware of the marketing or survey industry. Both collect and analyze data prior to making inferences. These inferences can be based on gender, region, race, etc. These inferences are the soul of any marketing

On the other hand, in a discussion, in the absence of concrete data, one can make generalizations based on one's obervation and, hear out other's view point too. One can be critical of another person's opinion too. But it should be a constructive criticism. Not loft/ casual remarks.

If one does not have a constructive comment to make for a discussion/ post ( irrespective of any post/ discussion), it is best they avoid commenting on it. They could be constructively engaged elsewhere.

P.S: I have observed that some folks seem to 'attack' a person for his/ her comments. There is every possibility that, that person might have used poor choice of words while making comment and the message did not seem to come across as intended. Instead of attacking, it is more mature if you could correct them rather than ridicule them. The fallout of this is, that the person who you ridicule will (almost always) ridicule you back and then it goes on. Lets create a positive engagement instead.

Last edited:
•••
Is there any purpose to offer domains for sale to women in leadership positions?
Yes.
Do you have any numbers
Tell me more about these surveys. My comment is this topic is discriminating women.
Throw some survey results at me to change my mind that there is no purpose to offer domains to women in leadership

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back