Domain Empire

question Is there a 60day push lock within GoDaddy?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DotMain

Established Member
Impact
or is it that the domain name is not transferable because it was 60 days locked before pushed to me?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The 60-day lock is for transfers out, but you should be able to push the domain to another GD account.

•••
So what does it means that transfer is prohibited because of domain status? I am trying to push it to another account, and it gives me this error.

•••
As much as i love to pile on Godaddy;
The BS 60 day transfer lock is for all registrars; when you push any .com Domain in any registrar; you are locked from transferring to another Registrar for 60 days! Automatically. All Registrars do this; and it goes to the ICANN level; shows how much they are out of touch.

They say it “helps safety” Yes, safely hurts liquidity with counter productive stupidity and convoluted rules; makes things harder! 60 day lock to all pushes is BS.

Last edited:
•••
No but thats the point, I got it inside my GD account as a push, and now I want to push it to my friend also to a GD account, so its not transfer-out pe se.

•••
To clear up confusion to any newbies who might be reading, and then to answer your question:
- Transfer = the term for sending a domain to a DIFFERENT registrar
- Push or 'Account Change' = the term for sending a domain to another account, but in the SAME registrar

The 60 day transfer lock only applies to sending the domain out of the current registrar. You can, however, push the domain as many times as you like to different accounts within the same registrar. There is no 60 day restriction on that.

To answer your question: if you are trying to push the domain from your GD account to your friend's GD account and are getting an error message, the most common reason is: perhaps you are inputting only their account number, or only their email address, in the push fields? - It's annoying - GD says you only need to input one of those. However, you will always get an error message if you try to input just one. You need your pal's user number AND email address. Then the push should work.

*Oh, another glitch: I think it used to say (I don't know if it still does) to input the customer number OR the customer username into a field. I found that it never worked with the customer username. Always had to get the customer number.

So, get your friend's 'customer number' and his email addy for GD, try the push again, see what happens...

Hope this helped.

•••
The BS 60 day transfer lock is for all registrars; when you push any .com Domain in any registrar; you are locked from transferring to another Registrar for 60 days! Automatically.

No. Good registrars will require you to opt in on a 60 day lock upon a push. Registrars like Dyna, namecheap, namesilo will act as an intermediary so there's no lock applied when you push a domain.

The shitty ones hide the opt out option or simply chose to lock you by default. The ones like Epik, GoDaddy namesol.

There's no mandatory lock as per ICANN regulations upon a registrant change/push. If it does get locked, It's deliberately put there by the registrar

Choose your registrar wisely.

•••
No. Good registrars will require you to opt in on a 60 day lock upon a push. Registrars like Dyna, namecheap, namesilo will act as an intermediary so there's no lock applied when you push a domain.

The shitty ones hide the opt out option or simply chose to lock you by default. The ones like Epik, GoDaddy namesol.

There's no mandatory lock as per ICANN regulations upon a registrant change/push. If it does get locked, It's deliberately put there by the registrar

Choose your registrar wisely.
Couldnt agree more.
So many different ways!
I wish they were all transparent and offered you a way to opt out without bugs.

•••
Agreed. I don't mind the lock if they're transparent about it. It's not necessarily a bad thing for endusers from a security point of view.

I just want to know upfront.

Circling back to GD. I think it's due to their messy UI which basically may or may not present the option to opt out of the lock depending on what site you use, what version and how hard you are looking for it.

I've been a GoDaddy customer for as longs as they've been around and their website and UI gets less intuitive and more cluttered by the year.

A company their size should be doing better.

•••
To clear up confusion to any newbies who might be reading, and then to answer your question:
- Transfer = the term for sending a domain to a DIFFERENT registrar
- Push or 'Account Change' = the term for sending a domain to another account, but in the SAME registrar

The 60 day transfer lock only applies to sending the domain out of the current registrar. You can, however, push the domain as many times as you like to different accounts within the same registrar. There is no 60 day restriction on that.

To answer your question: if you are trying to push the domain from your GD account to your friend's GD account and are getting an error message, the most common reason is: perhaps you are inputting only their account number, or only their email address, in the push fields? - It's annoying - GD says you only need to input one of those. However, you will always get an error message if you try to input just one. You need your pal's user number AND email address. Then the push should work.

*Oh, another glitch: I think it used to say (I don't know if it still does) to input the customer number OR the customer username into a field. I found that it never worked with the customer username. Always had to get the customer number.

So, get your friend's 'customer number' and his email addy for GD, try the push again, see what happens...

Hope this helped.
Hi, I know what you mean with the receiver data input, and thats not the case. Before even the step where data is required, it pops me up the message with the error.
I guess there is some sord of glitch, I will call GD support.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back