IT.COM

Is the domain traffic estimater at GoDaddy Auction, accurate?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello guys
Is the traffic and CPC info. for the domain names listing at GoDaddy auction, accurate?
Thanks

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
No, they don't filter bots or this filtering is very very weak.

•••
It's kinda like domain parking. Park your names at Sedo and you'll see high numbers as they don't filter anything out bots etc... Park at another company and you see 25-50% of the traffic as they do filter some of the garbage traffic out. Without having statistics on your own server or being able to insert your own analytics code so you can analyze the traffic source/quality I'd be cautious on buying any name at any market based solely on traffic stats. Buy based on the domain name and consider any traffic a bonus as once the name is on your end and you can analyze stats might find 50% or more of it is bots or artificial traffic.

•••
ParkingCrew shows the most accurate stats... their filtering cuts ~99% of invalid traffic.

•••
Thank you guys.
I wonder how there is a lot of bidders on that domains.
Regarding ParkingCrew, they are just showing the stats of your domains in your account.

•••
•••
Some sellers on GoDaddy even generate fake traffic to sell their domains faster and higher...
I already had such trouble in the past... after that I'm ignoring GoDaddy's stats completely.

Last edited:
•••
Some sellers on GoDaddy even generate fake traffic to sell their domains faster and higher...
I already had such trouble in the past... after that I'm ignoring GoDaddy's stats completely.
How could they do that? Parking at godaddy for a period of time while sending fake traffic to the landing page?

•••
I'm not a fakemaster, so I can't answer in details... but definitely they are parked and some scripts are used to generate it...

•••
Last edited:
•••
Lots of bots like traffic demon and gigs in Fiverr and SEO clerks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back