Domain Empire

Is Sedo's 10,000 Pricing Cap Outdated?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Should Sedo Change it's $10,000 Pricing Cap?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

When pricing your domains at Sedo without an appraisal you can only go as high as,
10,000 US
10,000 Euro
10,000 GBP

Are these pricing caps outdated?
Should Sedo allow a higher pricing caps Without an appraisal?

Godaddy allows you to set prices as high as $50,000

What is your opinion?

:$:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hey all, thanks for your thoughts on this! I'll definitely bring this up, this is something we need to discuss internally. Thanks again!

•••
I just voted for $50k. I agree their price cap is way outdated.

•••
At least give us the option to price however we want once we have a certain number of sales or a certain sales total. I think that makes sense if you're a "senior seller" or something.

•••
I voted for Sedo's Pricing Cap Should be Unlimited

•••
•••
Seller activity index
1 star/bar : 10k max
2* : 25k
3* : 50k
4* : 100k
5* : no limit...
imo

•••
The cap is not seller-friendly. But remember Sedo is a business and cares more about steady and quick sales than irregular and slow sales

•••
Hallelujah! Thanks @lennco for starting this thread as a place for us all to voice our frustrations.

Thanks for notifiyng us, indeed! Your feedback here has played a vital role in making this decision.

•••
Totally agree, They must keep up with the market changes...

•••
Unlimited. I hate their limit.

•••
The limit is protecting 'SEDO's market', this clearly makes sense.
It also ensures that more sales take place (lower domain name prices = more sales = higher amount of commisions).
But in my opinion (voted) the limit should be 25,000 USD / EUR / GBP - this would allow more freedom in pricing.
Nevertheless, I don't think that they will change their limit because at the end this would reduce their chances to selling their own appraisals ;)

Last edited:
•••
Add very rare one word .coms such as insurance or gold and have a good laugh at the valuation they suggest.

Either it's outdated or it's designed to sell valuations.

•••
I voted for $25K. I didn't vote unlimited because I think that can hurt the integrity of the marketplace. You'll have "noobs" setting $100,000 BINs on regfee names, then when serious investors/endusers are looking for higher-end names by valuations, it would be a mockery.

•••
Sedo's pricing cap should be unlimited

•••
I wonder how many $99 appraisals they still sell these days.
I have never bought one.

Anyone here ever bought one?

Never have, never will.

Basically the 10k limit to me = list expensive domain elsewhere

Yes I have taken domains off Sedo because of this.

•••
Its been almost a year since I created this thread and of course nothing has changed.

Is there a Sedo rep here who can discuss this?

The $10k cap has been in affect for years and probably since Sedo's beginning, you would think it would have at least been adjusted over the years just to reflect the cost of inflation.

Any other opinions on this?

Sedo have been responding in the thread about their site re-design. Maybe the price ceilings need a re-design.

•••
the amount can be changed, if they agree it's worth more than $10K

but, then again..... you don't want every mo-fo putting $20k BINs , now do you?

imo....

For a company that pushes buy it now so hard yeah. It's not their domain so the seller should have the right to do what they want.

•••
I voted unlimited.

I think it's up to the seller/lister to be realistic, though. Seeing some oddball personalities in this industry, it wouldn't surprise me to see someone listing domains for unreasonable or attention-seeking prices:

uselessdomain.com
$1,000,000,000.00
Buy it Now!
:wacky:

•••
•••
At the very least a " limit " of 25K seems reasonable to this poll voter!

Virtually NONE of my names would be priced at or near that limit.

Nevertheless I support "up the limit " and allow the marketplace to decide value.

My domains would look "bargain priced" in a list of comparable names !

Good poll!

•••
At the very least a " limit " of 25K seems reasonable to this poll voter!

Virtually NONE of my names would be priced at or near that limit.

Nevertheless I support "up the limit " and allow the marketplace to decide value.

My domains would look "bargain priced" in a list of comparable names !

Good poll!
Thanks
I selected 50k but even 25k would be a lot better then that lousy 10k cap.
I don't think I would want unlimited just because of all the people that would price their reg fee domains in the millions.

•••
I voted for Sedo's Pricing Cap Should be Unlimited
Same.

Their pricing cap is ridiculous and smells of a money making ploy for their "appraisal" services.

•••
•••
Yes.

Another thing that I do not like is the pricing of "promote on homepage".

69 EURO, 69 GBP, or 69 USD for listing across all sites?

So those in US pay $39 to list on the UK site, but those in the UK have to pay $60 to list on the same site???

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back