IT.COM

Is Sedo DONE?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DanBingham

Top Member
Impact
Ok, so let's face it - Sedo has been around for a while, it's platform could do with a complete overhaul, and they've made it much more difficult in listing names.

Is now about time Sedo closed it's doors?
What do YOU think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi Biggie,

Thanks for your comment and its great to read about your positive experience with Sedo since 2004. I will put your suggestions about the parking page and keyword related images to our development team for consideration.

I wish you continued success with selling your domains with us!

Chris

Hi Chris

I have experience with Sedo since 2001

never ever had anyone at sedo
considered any of my suggestions seriously

You want to fix the VAT issue
with high priority

I am talking about this to sedo for nearly a decade
never had anybody tried to find a solution

DAN did fast
and successfully

I had a simple solution concept offered to sedo years ago

DAN understood and acted fast

SEDO didn't bother

when a buyer is from Germany I need MwSt ( VAT ) added to the price in the system
do not add to any other buyer

rule is:
buyer from the same country as the seller
add country related VAT to the price ( on top of )

now if you have issues to define those variables
let the seller define them

country to add VAT to: INPUT
percentage of VAT : INPUT

now that was easy, right?

Last edited:
•••
Hi, the one I'm referring to in the igaming auction is iGamingTokens.com

Thanks for the reply.

I have forwarded a reminder on to the broker who is organising the event, I know they are inundated with requests for this auction at the moment and it is taking a little longer than usual to respond.

I can confirm that they will review your application shortly and get back to you directly by email.

All the best
Chris

Last edited:
•••
1) Your landing pages still don't work with SSL.

2) Your parking pages don't work with ad blockers. How hard is it to add a <noscript> This Domain Is For SALE</noscript> ??

3) Sedo sales are way down and your customer service is a shadow of what it was.

Hi DefinitelyDomains

Thank you for your engaging post.

The answer to your question is no, Sedo is most certainly not done. In fact since new management took control over Sedo, not only has our domain sales increased but the percentage of successful transfers has increased and with it customer satisfaction has also improved. This can be reflected in our trust pilot scoring, which has increased to ‘Excellent’.

We have a domain ownership verification process to increase the integrity of our marketplace and as a process to fight against ‘seller not owner’ sales. If you are finding this process difficult then please explain in more detail where exactly you are having difficulty and I will do my best to assist you.

As you mentioned, Sedo has been around for a while and we intend to be around for a lot longer, we want to remain the number 1 marketplace for you to buy and sell your domains. You mention our platform could do with an overhaul, I can assure you that our Tech Team are innovating and working on improving our marketplace as I write this email. With the intention of creating a better user experience when managing your domains.

We are constantly listening to feedback from our customers, some of the best feedback of which has come from this very forum. Our customers have asked and we have delivered:

· Price cap was lifted for sellers listing domains for more than 50000.

· We implemented 13 new sales landers to increase the chances of selling for those of you who looking to prioritise the sale of domains over earning money with our parking program.

· We dropped the minimum commission fee of 60 USD/ Euro, meaning on lower sales a seller can earn twice as much profit.

· We lowered the minimum offer to 20 Euro from 90 Euro for our sellers who wanted to sell lower valued domains quickly attracting more buyers.

· We have provided engaging auctions for our customers including the latest IGaming and Gambling auctions which are free to apply for.

· We updated our Search Algorithm, to display more direct matches to the keyword.

· We reduced the Payout time for transfers sales if buyer doesn’t confirm ownership.

· We have improved our MLS service to increase the chances of a domain selling.

· Sedos marketplace and our Sales brokers are STILL achieving some of the highest sales in the industry.

These are just some of the improvements we made in the last few months which were suggestions from domainers like yourself. Plus we have made many other changes, we have been taking all our customers feedback to our business development team and are trying to implement customers wishes to improve the overall experience at Sedo.

Just watch out, we still aim to improve and be the best we can for you and 2020 is a new year coming soon!

We wish you every success in your domain affairs!

All the best Chris

•••
I strongly feel that new sales landers are way better than the previous version, and the reason why I am using them for my 5-6 figure domain names.

Plus side of using Sedo is that the domain enduser/buyer is a confirmed lead and will go through the hoops only to complete the deal, 99.99% of times.

Unlike some other aftermarket platforms where buyers and offering parties disappear in thin air without any further sign. Or we lose them due to their complex payment processing!

you are mixing different topics.

Last edited:
•••
I like @Sedo , very trustworthy. 👍

The only thing I wish @Sedo should implement soon is payment in Crypto.

It's faster and inexpensive.

•••
Sedo needs to address some issues:

The unrealistic large amount of traffic metrics, the new sale landers even made it worst with more bot traffic and bogus offer views witch IMO is/was the most significant feature of their marketplace.
What is it with nonsense %15 commission on make offer listing and %10 buy it now, price negotiation is key factor to complete most domain sales.

Also very important why seller is paying %20 of their commission on top of their commission? the total fees is %18 for make offer listing and %12 for BIN based on $1000 sale (go figure).

That's total BS in my honest opinion
Agree, domain itself attracts buyer nothing more.

Sedo is far from done, it's well-done.

•••
It is not about awareness, it is about credibility.
For ~11.5 years of my experience - the only one Spanish enduser rejected Sedo... some GoDaddy fanatic.

•••
Ok, so let's face it - Sedo has been around for a while, it's platform could do with a complete overhaul, and they've made it much more difficult in listing names.

What do YOU think?

I 'm not doing to well with sedo
but Sedo itself should be fine

Recent Sales at Sedo:

upfrontmanagement.com 2,000 USD
Montag, 11. November 2019 15:30
upfrontmanagement.com
Price: 2,000 USD
wohnmobil.com 10,000 EUR
wohnmobil.com
Price: 10,000 EUR
saxx.com 65,000 USD
saxx.com
Price: 65,000 USD
vidastudio.com 6,500 EUR
vidastudio.com
Price: 6,500 EUR
smilelife.com 15,000 USD
smilelife.com
Price: 15,000 USD
fitfashion.com 3,000 EUR
fitfashion.com
Price: 3,000 EUR
rechnungsvordrucke.de 2,500 EUR
rechnungsvordrucke.de
Price: 2,500 EUR
turbodial.com 7,500 USD
turbodial.com
Price: 7,500 USD
evansmd.com 2,000 USD
evansmd.com
Price: 2,000 USD
the-race.com 5,000 EUR
the-race.com
Price: 5,000 EUR
biscotti.com 9,999 USD
biscotti.com
Price: 9,999 USD
odds.co 25,000 GBP
odds.co
Price: 25,000 GBP
lade.de 5,000 EUR
lade.de
Price: 5,000 EUR
m-plus.ch 3,000 EUR
m-plus.ch
Price: 3,000 EUR
commercialsearch.com 30,000 USD
commercialsearch.com
Price: 30,000 USD
incorporate123.com 2,999 USD
incorporate123.com
Price: 2,999 USD
oli.com 50,000 USD
oli.com
Price: 50,000 USD
produktvergleich.de 17,000 EUR
produktvergleich.de
Price: 17,000 EUR
amlh.com 4,500 USD
amlh.com
Price: 4,500 USD
aghb.com 2,300 USD
aghb.com
Price: 2,300 USD
ツ.co 2,700 USD
ツ.co
Price: 2,700 USD

•••
Sounds to me like you have some sort of special interest in Sedo.

Not really, I've never sold a domain on there.

But i do read and i don't believe there's a domain marketplace who have been involved in more premium 6 figure+ domains than Sedo over the past 2 or 3 years, it's one of the reasons why Sedo's brokerage team was my first choice over other brokers for a domain i own, they clearly get results!

I like some of the promotion auctions they do every month, such as the great domains auction and the iGaming they've got currently coming up, those have clearly been a success when you look at sales which have come from those (ie:- cooking.com), other marketplaces should take a leaf out of Sedo's book and do things like that, but i also think Sedo can improve on some things that newer marketplaces (such as Dan) do better.

To answer the title of this thread though, Sedo clearly aren't done.

Last edited:
•••
Ask for access to Sedo API - and then you may use your own interface or just command line.

thanks didn't know that option

but I have no intention to program myself
or pay a programmer
for a task
that sedo should have taken
ages ago

•••
For a 72 year old, I'm actually a renaissance sort of guy. Why else would I have reached out to meet the likes of Marek, lolWarrior from Prague, or Bob Hawkes from Canada? I can learn from anyone with the exception of some of the arrogants I've met here:xf.rolleyes:

Oh I know they are great people who have a lot of unique knowledge. Assets to the community.

The best things about communities is that you can have different opinions but engage in passionate debate nonetheless.

I do however wish you would stop referring to your critics as the cabal or arrogants. Not that I find it offensive personally but those claims are unfounded and factually wrong.

Definition of arrogance
: an attitude of superiority manifested in an overbearing manner or in presumptuous claims or assumption.

We've been debating a lot, discussed a lot of topics. The people you refer to are factually not communicating in an overbearing manner of making presumptuous claims. There's no need for unjustified personal attacks all the time when someone doesn't agree with you.

I know you like to stir sh*t up, and power to you for doing so, but expect some pushback and deal with it in a mature manner. Everything else is borderline to trolling.

•••
If you are using our new Sales Lander then you may experience an increase in views, this is because the traffic via the new sales lander is not filtered as strictly as parking views. Therefore, the number of views can be significantly higher than views received by our traditional parking templates that are filtered. Please be assured that our parking team are working on a solution for this.

Hi

Thanks for that explanation, as that was a concern for a couple of reasons

one,
I thought domains using new sales landers with BIN pricing was getting some extra exposure, which was accounting for increased uniques.
and secondly,
if those views are inflated or non filtered in comparison to those domains using ppc pages, then wouldn't that be misleading statistics, to those who search domains according to highest traffic stats?

perhaps that situation should be escalated to "high priority".

imo....

•••
Next issue that should be easily fixable:

I need to be able to add google analytics
as our stats .. what's the word

s**ck

•••
What do YOU think?

Sedo is still WAYYY BETTER than some underdeveloped new platforms around.

They have a massive domain sales data, list of endusers and high-paying buyers, plus massive part of the domain investors using their platform, which you and I cannot undermine at any given point in time.

Just because they aren't Web 3.0, doesn't mean they have lost ground!

Last edited:
•••
Thank you very much for the detailed reply on many different aspects of your operations @Sedo. If I recall correctly when the minimum commissions were dropped, it was (I think, possibly I am wrong) for a trial period. Is the plan to continue with no minimum commissions?
Thanks,
Bob

Hi Bob,

Thanks for you message, you are quite right, it is a promotion which is setup to run until 31st December 2019. I will look into this and find out what we are doing about it, as soon as I know I will get back with an update.

All the best
Chris

•••
•••
I strongly feel that new sales landers are way better than the previous version, and the reason why I am using them for my 5-6 figure domain names.

Plus side of using Sedo is that the domain enduser/buyer is a confirmed lead and will go through the hoops only to complete the deal, 99.99% of times.

Unlike some other aftermarket platforms where buyers and offering parties disappear in thin air without any further sign. Or we lose them due to their complex payment processing!

it would take me a couple of hours to explain this all to you.
And I already posted a few design-mockups and suggestions previously.
Anyway, the "old" landing pages look better in design and colors than your new landing pages.
The "new" landing pages do not look professional and have some design-bugs.

I am also surprised that the "new" landing pages are only used when someone is using your "Parking Program".
However, I am glad that I am not using your parking-program and therefore also not have to use your "new" landing-page.

•••
I highly recommend to battle directly (DM)...

•••
One more suggestion to these landers...
Please add Renewal indicator with just 2 values: Standard | Premium
So sellers will be able to set it accordingly.

Last edited:
•••
Hi all,

Thank you all for you feedback and suggestions, please be assured that I have forwarded them all on to our development team.

Much appreciated!
Chris

•••
Is there a way to change layout to selling template in bulk? Individually would be quite time consuming.
As for sedo being done, i dont think so
My last sale on sedo went smooth and i have no complaints

Why when i login, sometimes it says my domains, next time it says domain management when i click on my name-my sedo

Last edited:
•••
•••
Hi

what ever the debate is now,
if you still use sedo or have benefited from their platform

how pertinent is the argument, if one isn't a user?

or has it become a disinformation agenda.

imo...

•••
Hi

what ever the debate is now,
if you still use sedo or have benefited from their platform

how pertinent is the argument, if one isn't a user?

or has it become a disinformation agenda.

imo...

My apologies Mr big :) got carried away here!

I won't derail any further. In conclusion , Sedo is still very much alive and sufficient for a lot of domainers and endusers.

imo... ;)

•••
Hi Wot

I asked similar question earlier in thread

Switched to a combination of 3 of the new Sedo sales landers from parking pages just 3 days ago. Traffic has almost quadrupled the last 2 days.
Why would that be? I guess a lot of traffic was blocked from reaching parking pages?

here is reply, in case you missed it below

Hi Moe,

With regards to high views associated with the new sales lander, the new sales lander that we implemented is essentially a parking template that we offer. If you are using our new Sales Lander then you may experience an increase in views, this is because the traffic via the new sales lander is not filtered as strictly as parking views. Therefore, the number of views can be significantly higher than views received by our traditional parking templates that are filtered. Please be assured that our parking team are working on a solution for this.

imo...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back