NameSilo

registries Is Rightside's Strategy Showing Results?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Whizzbang

VIP Member
ParkLogic.com
Impact
The reason why I like looking at Rightside is because they are a publicly listed company with the three aspects of the domain industry; registry, registrar and aftermarket. Since my last article on the company have things improved or deteriorated and how does this reflect on the overall domain industry.

Let me say from the outset that Rightside is a nice steady business underpinned by a recurring revenue stream. In fact, they are at pains to highlight the recurring revenue model in their quarterly financial presentations. The problem with the business is they are listed on the Nasdaq and as a tech company investors expect more than the current 4% year on year revenue growth rate.

Read More >

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Rightside do have some really good gtld s but the prices are far too steep especially with the same steep renewal price even more so when there are many new newbies in the industry who won't even consider or simply can't afford those extremely high hand reg fee prices

•••
Can't be good of their largest share holders are cashing out. Daniel Negari sold all his shares this year. Schilling sold over 200,000 shares this year.

•••
" but each of them has a sharp decline as end users elect not to renew the domains. Renewals are the challenge that afflicts all registries as without them the reoccurring revenue model fails."
referring to .ninja, .lawyer, .news and .consulting
Figured .lawyer would have the best amount of renewals

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back