NameSilo

discuss Is NFT a trend?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DuDD

Top Member
Impact
  • Hello ,evey domainers
  • NFT domain name transaction volume has increased recently, and its price also keeps rising
  • When did NFT become popular?
    • Did you take the chance?If not ,will you buy a NFT domain?
    • let`s talk about it ,thanks in advance(y)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There is a big difference between registering a TM and having an enforceable trademark.

Some of those uses are overly broad and they are going to have an extremely difficult time protecting.

They are basically trying to claim the term for online advertising and marketing services. Please. Companies already exist that use the term in many of these fields.

They will never own a generic term like "nifty" when it comes to all those listed uses. Some are far too broad.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Like almost all other trends, by the time it is on the radar of most domainers almost all the top terms are long gone.

Pick a thread. 3D, VR, AR, Weed, Crypto, etc. It is all the same story.

Brad

•••
Got eNFTS.com although the e kind of spoils it a bit :)

•••
Anyone who thinks digital collectibles will just go away is being incredibly short-sighted, and maybe missed the boat. All the recent excitement might seem sudden and maybe a bit ridiculous, but NFTs / digital collectible assets have been on the verge of a breakout for years!

It's the artists and the auction houses who will make the money from NFT if it does stay around for a while, it wont be the domainers, except the few that registered the decent NFT names around 3-5 years ago. People need to stop regging the left-overs names or they will still be renewing them in 5 years time.

Last edited:
•••
You know this how ?
Where do you get 5 figures from?
I’m just trying to figure out the real price ...the true facts is all, thanks in advance

This is where 700k came from ...

Show attachment 185687
The fact that it was listed for 700k doesn't mean it sold for that price. I saw 78 0r 98k secretly shared somewhere. Am not sure the figure is up to 100k.

•••
This stuff is quickly going from a trend to complete nonsense -

Why Did Someone Pay $560,000 for a Picture of My Column?

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/26/technology/nft-sale.html

Bidding on NFTs, he said, had become a kind of sport among cryptocurrency enthusiasts, many of whom have been sitting on huge virtual piles of Ethereum and Bitcoin for years. Every NFT auction produces a public record of bids, and high-profile auctions can attract a crowd of people just hoping to be noticed among the losers.

“The bid itself is becoming marketing,” he said.

But Mr. Agrawal clarified that some bids were less strategic, and more about showing off.

“A lot of the NFT buyers at this high level are fabulously wealthy, and they’re just collecting for the sake of collecting,” he said.

With that said, as a domain investor you can still possibly capitalize on the lunacy.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
Ok got some interest in the domain name:

N/F/T Trading (.com)

Pretty much a company who sells nft trading cards asking how much I am looking for.

Would appreciate some opinions. If you owned it how much would you be shooting for?

•••

Congratulations !
But don't you think, you sold it for peanuts ?
Thanks.
Maybe. As a beginner making my first sale have more value than the price or revenue.
Hope to learn more and upgrade my level soon.

•••
I want to know what's the best :

Adding "NFTs" word at the first or at the end of the domain ??

What is the best case ?

It depends on the format.

NFTWorld.com good.

BestNFT(s).com good.

Brad

•••
@NickB You missed BestNFTs.com: $12,760. The buyer was smart to secure both.

Last edited:
•••
I had an offer for $600 for NFTSX.com and $ 100 for DigitalArtNFT.com. Refused both. I think NFT's are here to stay for quiet some time.
The only thing is I dont understand this hype. Somebody said its due to the royalties.

Don't sell N F T S X, under 1 million $. I'm serious.

Good luck !
Olcayto

•••
•••
Thanks. I think I am about to sell the domain name tbh. First time using telegram as an outbound method but it works pretty well because lots of crypto guys don't seem to have active emails published on the worldwide web:

Show attachment 185324
I think 5K is still very low for this proper match of NFT+Tech
You can think this way, when a NFT - items which are selling for huge big prices in auctions, so you can imagine the scope and how much big the domain of the NFTTech can be sold for, because NFT art is one piece, but NFTTech domain is / will become an company which can produce those NFT arts / items.
So in my view even 50K is also less for NFTTech and some more like these NFT combinations.
Just my view, may be some people will not like it ;)

•••
I like the "tech" name, but it's currently registered under 8 extensions. Eight. (Probably 800 after the typical crypto/blockchain bullshit and hype of this thread though.)

If it sold for $5k that would have made it the highest price for a NFT name since NFT.COM half a decade ago.

More recently NFT.INFO sold for $3k in January and NFTS.NET sold for $3.5k in February.

These names are not currently worth $50k+ or $1m or anything like the fantasy numbers some people are pulling out of thin air, and if they seriously believed what they were saying they'd be quietly snapping them up for a few thousand instead of telling the owners to not sell.

Last edited:
•••
Do you know how to accept data that doesn't simply confirm your existing bias?

Okay, something tells me if NFT domains were selling for $100k instead of $3k you wouldn't be as eager to ignore the prices, but let's analyze NFT sales. What's the average selling price? Not just the stuff that produces headlines precisely because it sold for an insane price, but everything.

Because auctions existed before NFT, and just because a Picasso or Van Gogh sells for a few hundred million doesn't mean everything related to auctions, including domains with the word "auction", must be suddenly worth tens of thousands of dollars.

You still don’t get it! You speaking very ignorant at that.

I never said all nft names are worth millions.

I’m not going based one 1 auction by Beeple.

There are 10s of thousands of nfts on several marketplace selling and listed for 10,000+ usd/eth/mana/ you name it! You must not truly understand stand the nft or crypto market or that of the buyers in those markets. Note the types of budgets some of these players have...if they want it, and you tell how much coin you want for it, chances are there’s a deal there..half these people prefer to pay in crypto anyway!

I’m not here saying all these domains are worth millions!

I am simmply saying...the BEST NFT NAMES and keywords are and WILL BE worth 5 figures+ an up all day!

You did well dogeing my point on owing crypto or nfts...so now I’ll jusy assume you own neither....and there for I’m finished with this silly “debate” that need not even be debated!

Visits Decentraland , got buy a plot or and OpensSeas WORD/ name ...see what $100-1,000 will get you lol smh

Last edited:
•••
Just recently acquired some NFTs from 3L to 13L

Good Job.
Ive also aquired some

Just make sure the keywords work in this niche, random words or letters are a waste of money. Always put yourself in the shoes of the end-user. Ask yourself if you would brand your own company around that name??

Buy on the aftermarket, anything worth having has already been registered.

•••
•••
value is subjective - art industry in particular is known for making people scratch their heads, lots of things selling for millions that most of us wouldn't pay $5 for. think of that banana duct-taped to the wall

if you buy to invest, then yeah only 5% or less of current projects are worth keeping your money in. the rest will drop dramatically as space continues to expand. if you buy small bits of art for cheap from people you genuinely like then there's no worry about resale value

Exactly. The art world is mind boggling and personally I find the NFT boom that has occurred over the past few years mind-blowing.

Can't wait to see how it'll continue to develop and gets translated to 'real world' usage. As for the art, I rather invest in something I can put up above the fireplace :)

•••
@gilescoley perfect thing to compare to remember VR you couldn't buy VR names fast enough any dumb Keyword with vr was selling so fast yet now even good vr domains are sitting ^^

also i wouldn't buy from resellers they all seem to have unrealistic expectations for the pricing

Yeah but the crap VR sales were all between domainers, not end user sales and they mainly low xx and xxx sales. Good VR names constantly get offers but owners wont sell them yet, its still too early, waot intol VR is mainstream, unless of course you get a good xx,xxx offer.

•••
NFT Reg Stats visualized for the fellow nerds out there! :)

2021 NFT new .coms / day so far, total 30,000+

upload_2021-3-28_14-17-46.png

Last edited:
•••
•••
Thankfully, my first sale of $ 119 was achieved through Dan. I bought the domain NFTivy.com on March 13th.
I also received a sale of $ 119 for domain NFTwebs.com via afternic, but the sale was not confirmed with the buyer. I am awaiting buyer's approval to do a push via Godaddy.
Thank you very much for motivating us.

•••
I agree with @bmugford Brad! "Nifty" is too generic !

Also the one you used as a example is from Crypto/M/e/d/i/a.com and was filled on 3/16 and still Pending! https://www3.wipo.int/branddb/en/

"Nifty" has been around a long time and many plays on the word...NFT just brought hype to it,

I'm confident in my name NiftyCrypto.com which I acquired last month and hats off to @brandsly I see you have +Wallet best of luck with it!

Yeah, if you bought the name before the TM was filed, then you have no issues. Some of the names sold above have been this month. According to the USPTO, the TM is a "live" TM at the moment. Either way, even it wasnt live now and the TM became live next year or the year after, its still going to affect end-users buying these names, legit end-users will stay away from TM names, its not worth the hassle to them.

The word "Nifty" has been around a long time yes, but not in relation to NFT, crypto, Blockchain etc and thats what the TM refers to. The words Apple, Orange, Caterpillar were just generic words once a upon a time as well but they've been TM'd.

I agree with @bmugford as well, but just mentioning it as a lot of people wouldnt have known about it. I agree that the TM relating to advertising and marketing is a long shot but the domains being registered are not related to these fields, they are related to crypto, NFTs etc, domainers just need to be aware thats all, it does make the names harder to sell. I can bet that most "Nifty" investors didnt know about the TM or hadnt checked.

Last edited:
•••
I had an offer for $600 for NFTSX.com and $ 100 for DigitalArtNFT.com. Refused both. I think NFT's are here to stay for quiet some time.
The only thing is I dont understand this hype. Somebody said its due to the royalties.
So do I
That`s amzing to me
  • It seems to have become popular all of a sudden

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back