Dynadot

discuss Is NFT a trend?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DuDD

Top Member
Impact
  • Hello ,evey domainers
  • NFT domain name transaction volume has increased recently, and its price also keeps rising
  • When did NFT become popular?
    • Did you take the chance?If not ,will you buy a NFT domain?
    • let`s talk about it ,thanks in advance(y)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Congrats, the difference here is that "Tech" is one of the top selling keywords and goes with NFT perfectly. NFTTech.com is a great name (registered in 2018 as well) in this niche, thats why it will always get offers, whereas most of the NFT names I have seen on here will not. Just advice to new domainers who see this thread and want to rush out buy NFT names thinking they will sell.

Yeah, during the crazy domainer mania of these new fads, you will get offers on these names but they will be domainer sales, not many end-usere sales. I wouldnt reg too many plurals "NFTs" unless the "NFTs" are at the end of the name and they make sense. Singular NFT will be better in 95% of cases. Good luck with the names :xf.smile:

Yep only why I reg the best Keywords with the plurals.

Type NFTS into google first word it auto suggests next is “Art” ...plural or not, this ones a monster.

I also have a 3 word ( 2 word isn’t available)

TheNFTmarket (com)

•••
Thanks. I think I am about to sell the domain name tbh. First time using telegram as an outbound method but it works pretty well because lots of crypto guys don't seem to have active emails published on the worldwide web:

Show attachment 185324

Are you selling that for only 5K? 😳

•••
Are you selling that for only 5K? 😳

Well I didn't realise how much nft domains were really worth until I tried buying a few myself last night :facepalm:

Thing is I asked for 5k yesterday and they said yes.

Last edited:
•••
Well I didn't realise how much nft domains were really worth until I tried buying a few myself last night :facepalm:

Thing is I asked for 5k yesterday and they said yes.

As long as you don’t cringe when they flip it for way more its good. Me I would HODL.

•••
Soon NFT the magical 3 LLL word with many diffrent extensions will hit the top high priced trading list.
NFT is in huge demand almost 99% of extensions sold and daily huge hand written registrations are going on in with these 3 letter (NFT) + combinations.
Watch out this space. We can expect a Big news soon.

•••
I noticed they are regging NFTcoins in .net, org, us, .club, .xyz, .io, .info, .app, .shop, .art, .biz, .co, .cash, .money, .co.uk, .digital, .exchange, .co.uk, .games, .homes, .online, .store, .trade, .world & many others

My question is how much will I sell for NFTcoins.com ?

•••
it reminds me iot trend.. sell your nft domains if you have offers.. do not hold

•••
Just an update, with the responses in this thread I've decided to keep NFTtech for longer term.
Good decision, hold it for more value. No one saying it will give Millions, but 50K is not too much for this gem.

Sell at your own cost, there is only few gems in investors portfolio, so sell gem at gem's cost, so it balance the portfolio in long run. sell at your own cost in which you satisfied. No need to wait for million etc. because at every level there is strong hands / investors, so one has to liquidate at every level as per their appetite and after few buy and sell in this domain the actual end buyer will emerge to buy at highest cost of that time and create the record.

But for you, it is you need to decide your satisfaction level.
For me 50K is not too much for this in present scenario and few years to come. Keep study in this niche and keep tab on every related news and also domain in general, so it will keep you updated on your holding and also give support to your though process.
Best wishes !

•••
I ignored what you wrote because it was a boring ad hominem that wasn't worth the time of day.

This type of chit-chat is all I need to understand why you’ve been a member since 2011 with 22 post to date 🤨

And just now want to come open your mouth 11 years later after bringing ZERO substance to this forum all that time going on post 22......you’re acting like a troll, and obviously been lurking like one.

You can’t be serious actually asking what I think while doing it in such a d*ckhead type of manner and actually expect me to give you a response.

I usually get long with 98% of people on here, guess that makes you special :)

Last edited:
•••
Trend?

DeFi is potentially so much bigger than NFTs, this really tickled me.

C4637C6F-B9E8-4633-8CA6-1857AF14E35E.jpeg

Last edited:
•••
•••
Anyone who thinks digital collectibles will just go away is being incredibly short-sighted, and maybe missed the boat. All the recent excitement might seem sudden and maybe a bit ridiculous, but NFTs / digital collectible assets have been on the verge of a breakout for years!

•••
Seth Godin did publish a piece recently that he sees NFTs as a dangerous trap.

I read it earlier today. It has lots of interesting points.

An NFT would be interesting to me when -

1.) The underlying asset has intrinsic value.
2.) It is out of my budget otherwise.
3.) There could be potential dividends or returns.

I kind of view it more like owning shares in a company I guess.

Here is an example -

You own the domain Gold.com and put a $7.5M valuation on it. You split into however many parts, let's say 100,000. Each share would cost $75 to start with. Not many people have 7.5M to invest on their own but they might have a few thousand.

The owner pockets this money when the fractional shares sell. They could sell for higher or lower prices after the fact on the secondary market. The ultimate end game to me is when the domain sells for $15M that money is returned directly to the people who owned the shares on a proportional basis.

That type of concept makes far more sense to me than some of the stuff I am seeing.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I feel NFTs are a trend, but one that is travelling to a direction of normality in our 'everything has a price' future.

The real impact of NFT's will most likely be felt for creatives - the artists, the designers, the writers, who can use them to establish documented ownership of their creativity.

Financially, they will be able to sell their originals to those who want an investment while still allowing the un-owned copies of that original to be seen by the rest of the world at the same time.

The concept of copyright is about to take on a whole new learning curve

One extra route of NFTs is that we may be entering a world where fractional ownership becomes the norm. This may be interesting for things like domain names as fractional ownership tends to increase the price of an item.

Of course, it could all be a load of overhyped craziness. But isn't everything crazy at the moment anyway?

I have dipped into the hype myself and now own NonFungibleTokens.tv

It is available for $65million
(or three camels and a cheap bottle of whisky dependent on whether the world jumps on board with this NFT lunacy or not)

On a more serious note, my number one concern about NFTs is the likely impact they will have on the environment if they are not powered by renewable energy. Crypto mining for things like bitcoin already uses more energy than some countries.

•••
As someone mentioned their preference is to buy art that you can actually hang above the fireplace, you can do that too with digital display frames

You can have a digital fireplace as well. Call me old fashioned, not the same experience ;)

•••
It's been widely reported that NFT.app sold for $50K a few weeks ago. NFTWallet.com appears to have sold for $700K in the last 2 weeks.

Wow, do you have any relted info or articles you can share on this Wallet sale or post,? Where who ?

You all I know the plurals aren’t as stronge and better on the the end with some words.

I own the N/F/T/sWallet (com)

This may be a case of , the domain sold but this 700# is just the last reported seen BIN price and it may not have been sold for this figure until confirmed.

•••
•••
I'm not sure which horse will win the race, so I'm betting on the horse race itself.
I think the safest play is to buy Ethereum itself and just hold mid to long term..

Last edited:
•••
IMHO, technology wise NFT is great, it can solve product verification or authenticity problem in any supply chain, whether it's digital goods or physical goods - I know this for a fact as I'm a developer myself. So ultimately, we'll most likely see many different types of implementations of NFTs.

However, the recent hype is probably just that, a huge hype. Although, once the bubble is burst and dust is settled, I think it'll still be valuable in the decentralized market of digital goods, like art, music etc. and in supply chain. So same should apply for NFT domain names.

I agree that a lot of unrelated NFT+word or word+NFT domains will remain unsold, but at the same time, we will most likely see some very good domain purchase records in decent volumes.

Personally I'm quite new to domaining, so obviously I don't have old NFT domains, but ended up hand registering a few .com a couple of days ago:

ClassNFT
ClassyNFT
TheNFTCoin
TheNFTCrypto

If these get sold over 2/3 years, then great, if not then I'll develop something on my own using them. So I see a win-win situation for me with these NFT domains.

Also, my advice to people jumping into the buying/registering spree of NFT domains with all sorts of keywords:

1. Please study some NFT and Blockchain fundamentals first. That way, you'll be able to find some good value combinations thinking about the future prospects (yes, most good ones are already registered, but a few decent ones may still be left).
  2. If you cannot find a good combination for hand registration, wait for the bubble to burst. At that point, some people will sell decent NFT names at a lower price in the aftermarket. Buy at that time so that you may sell during the next bubble (yes, just like every other bubble, there will most likely be a next bubble).

Just sharing my own opinion (with all due respect to all other valuable opinions), in case this view point is helpful to anyone.

All the best.

•••
•••
Announced 30/03/2021,
Dapper Labs, the company behind the National Basketball Association’s (NBA’s) digital collectibles platform Top Shot, closed $305 million in funding led by investment management company Coatue, with additional backing from Michael Jordan, Will Smith and Keisuke Honda’s Dreamers VC, Andreessen Horowitz, The Chernin Group, and more. Dapper Labs came out of beta last fall and is now valued at a $2.6 billion.

•••
Launching pNetwork’s NFTs Portal
Launching pNetwork Portals. A new PNT-powered cutting-edge feature enabling smart contracts living on different blockchains to interact with each other as if they were on the same network.

pNetwork is an open, public and independent network of nodes with an inbuilt governance structure (DAO) enabling the cross-chain movement of assets and data. Its flagship feature, pTokens, facilitates crypto assets switches across 9 different blockchain environments (and counting!).

Every blockchain is a walled garden, locking out other cryptocurrencies and locking in its own liquidity. The ability of cryptocurrencies to move between blockchains seamlessly is a key component for Decentralized Finance to grow. pNetwork is filling the gap between 9 different blockchains via 37 pTokens bridges, aiming to unlock the value of the entire $500+ billion cryptocurrency market.

As pTokens continues to scale, adding more bridges and integrations, it’s only fitting that the team expands upon its pTokens technology and usher in a new era of unchained liquidity.

Read more .......

I have no idea what much of that means.

It reminds of reading some stupid press release when it comes to a startup company or ICO, from a few years ago. It is just some article using a bunch of trendy buzz words.

There will never be a world where hundreds or thousand of competing currencies are all successful. The general public are not going to adopt stuff that is highly confusing or makes their world less convenient.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Proof of concept and proof it works can sometimes be more valuable than money. If you are 10x'ing your money, that's not bad.

The more you sell, the more confident you'll be in pricing.

Though I'm not an expert.

•••
I just saw that NiftyArt.com is sold via Sedo for 4,995 (not mine)

Thanks!

This could have gone for much more IMO...my guess is the BIN was not updated recently.

Still nice 4 fig sale...but extremely under valued imo buyer got huge discount.

From google:

"What is a nifty art?
Digital art and collectibles that you can now truly own.

Using the blockchain to enforce scarcity and prove authenticity, Nifty Gateway is the premier marketplace to buy, sell, and store your digital art and collectibles in the form of nifties, or non-fungible tokens (NFTs)."

Nifty Gateway - Collect Digital Art | Gemini

https://www.niftys.com/ ;)

Nifty's Announces 1st NFT-Focused Social Media Platform For ...
https://www.prnewswire.com › news-releases › niftys-a...

Mar 23, 2021 — Nifty's, Inc., based in Miami, is the first NFT-focused social media platform that brings together premium publishers, brands and creators with ...
You visited this page on 4/14/21.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back