IT.COM

discuss Is NFT a trend?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DuDD

Top Member
Impact
  • Hello ,evey domainers
  • NFT domain name transaction volume has increased recently, and its price also keeps rising
  • When did NFT become popular?
    • Did you take the chance?If not ,will you buy a NFT domain?
    • let`s talk about it ,thanks in advance(y)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
As soon as you see a thread on namepros about a new tech, its usually not a brand new tech and its always too late as the best domains in that niche will be taken, usually a few years before. Domainers are just jumping on the badwagon and grabbing whatever is left (not worth regging). The best names are taken, just an example below of a few names and the year they were regged.

NFTArt.com 2016
NFTWorld.com 2018
NFTHub.com 2018
NonFungibleToken.com 2017
NFTExchange.com 2018
NFTCo.com 2014
NFTGroup.com 2018
NFTStore.com 2018
NFTShop.com 2017

I am happy to invest in a few, but will only buy the better names (like above) that will sell and will rather pay $200, $500 or $1000 for a decent name.

There is an NFT thread on Namepros already BTW

Last edited:
•••
People are looking for NFT names, got these offers yesterday(y)

Screenshot_20210316-073539_Gmail.jpg

•••
•••
I had an offer for $600 for NFTSX.com and $ 100 for DigitalArtNFT.com. Refused both. I think NFT's are here to stay for quiet some time.
The only thing is I dont understand this hype. Somebody said its due to the royalties.

•••
As soon as you see a thread on namepros about a new tech, its usually not a brand new tech and its always too late as the best domains in that niche will be taken, usually a few years before. Domainers are just jumping on the badwagon and grabbing whatever is left (not worth regging). The best names are taken, just an example below of a few names and the year they were regged.

NFTArt.com 2016
NFTWorld.com 2018
NFTHub.com 2018
NFTExchange.com 2018
NFTCo.com 2014
NFTGroup.com 2018
NFTStore.com 2018
NFTShop.com 2017

I am happy to invest in a few, but will only buy the better names (like above) that will sell and will rather pay $200, $500 or $1000 for a decent name.

There is an NFT thread on Namepros already BTW

I need to thank you for this post ....for the following reason...which I just sprang out of bed to double check on my laptop.

You are very correct on the best keyword names being taking.

However I own a few plural versions NFTs and have already received x,xxx offer on one and a Price Request on another.

2 you have listed here..hub & exchange

TO MY SUPRISE..I have 3rd....

I just checked the whois on plural + ART ......I forgot to listed it and set DNS on it!!!!! 😲 It’s been in my account all this time and I totally forgot but listed all my other keywords lol🤯

I mean I'm out of bed over this....LOL how in the world did I forget I had this one.

THANK YOU!

Last edited:
•••
My best singular is

NFT Trader (com) :)

btw

•••
Nearly all good NFT domains were taken long before the recent hype.

•••
Just an update, with the responses in this thread I've decided to keep NFTtech for longer term.

•••
•••
Got a pending sale worth 2k via Dan " NFT related "

•••
Received my first NFT offer!

Although I'm looking for a higher price, so respectfully declined.
Looks like there are many more interested people buying into NFT domains.

upload_2021-4-15_17-30-21.png

•••
A sale from DNJ

NFTDisplays.com
$13,000

•••
Well I didn't realise how much nft domains were really worth until I tried buying a few myself last night :facepalm:

Thing is I asked for 5k yesterday and they said yes.

I think thats an ok price now, but in a couple more years, it could be worth a lot more.

•••
One thing I've learned is never underestimate something you don't understand.

•••
People are looking for NFT names, got these offers yesterday(y)

Show attachment 185322

Congrats, the difference here is that "Tech" is one of the top selling keywords and goes with NFT perfectly. NFTTech.com is a great name (registered in 2018 as well) in this niche, thats why it will always get offers, whereas most of the NFT names I have seen on here will not. Just advice to new domainers who see this thread and want to rush out buy NFT names thinking they will sell.

However I own a few plural versions NFTs and have already received x,xxx offer on one and a Price Request on another.

2 you have listed here..hub & exchange

Yeah, during the crazy domainer mania of these new fads, you will get offers on these names but they will be domainer sales, not many end-usere sales. I wouldnt reg too many plurals "NFTs" unless the "NFTs" are at the end of the name and they make sense. Singular NFT will be better in 95% of cases. Good luck with the names :xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
Congrats, the difference here is that "Tech" is one of the top selling keywords and goes with NFT perfectly. NFTTech.com is a great name (registered in 2018 as well) in this niche, thats why it will always get offers, whereas most of the NFT names I have seen on here will not. Just advice to new domainers who see this thread and want to rush out buy NFT names thinking they will sell.

Yeah, during the crazy domainer mania of these new fads, you will get offers on these names but they will be domainer sales, not many end-usere sales. I wouldnt reg too many plurals "NFTs" unless the "NFTs" are at the end of the name and they make sense. Singular NFT will be better in 95% of cases. Good luck with the names :xf.smile:

Thanks. I think I am about to sell the domain name tbh. First time using telegram as an outbound method but it works pretty well because lots of crypto guys don't seem to have active emails published on the worldwide web:

Screenshot_20210316-084312_Samsung capture.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Acquired:

Nft Trading (.com)

Last edited:
•••
I like the "tech" name, but it's currently registered under 8 extensions. Eight. (Probably 800 after the typical crypto/blockchain bullshit and hype of this thread though.)

If it sold for $5k that would have made it the highest price for a NFT name since NFT.COM half a decade ago.

More recently NFT.INFO sold for $3k in January and NFTS.NET sold for $3.5k in February.

These names are not currently worth $50k+ or $1m or anything like the fantasy numbers some people are pulling out of thin air, and if they seriously believed what they were saying they'd be quietly snapping them up for a few thousand instead of telling the owners to not sell.

It's been widely reported that NFT.app sold for $50K a few weeks ago. NFTWallet.com appears to have sold for $700K in the last 2 weeks.

•••
I just saw that NiftyArt.com is sold via Sedo for 4,995 (not mine)

•••
Buyer final offer is $2000 for XNFT.ART. After received this offer i reg the plural one XNFTS.ART and XCRYPTO.ART

Opinion please

I would take it and run.

•••
I believe NFT is the hottest domain name trend today, and will stay like this for a long time.
NFT is what will bring people to use the blockchain, not only invest in it.

•••
NFTArt.com 2016
NFTWorld.com 2018
NFTHub.com 2018
NFTExchange.com 2018
NFTCo.com 2014
NFTGroup.com 2018
NFTStore.com 2018
NFTShop.com 2017

This is pretty good list of NFT domains that could be expected to have value.

There are an infinite amount of crappy domains in any field. Just adding something to NFT means nothing.
NFTBurgers.com. Bam. $1M+ please!!!!

Like any other trend I would focus on acquiring higher quality domains than just hand regging whatever because it is available.

Brad

•••
There is a absurd amount of crypto rich purchasing going on if you open your eyes and look around...

The low interest rates, stimulus, and risky attitudes of younger investors has lead to a rise in a potential everything bubble IMO. A lot of these investors have not experienced the value of things going down, which will eventually happen. It always has.

I personally think that NFT do have some role, especially when it comes to fractional ownership if the underlying asset has value. I get a % ownership in art that can be sold.

Honestly though, I think a lot of the NFT stuff at the moment is just horseshit. It kind of reminds me of the ICO stuff from a couple years ago.

I don't think just because some random thing is on the blockchain as an NFT it has intrinsic value.

Still, there is likely to be demand for top NFT domain combos.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
*personal opinion that i will get attacked for* The hype will eventually die down and most of you will be stuck with worthless domains don't @ me

Yep, this is exactly what will happen, the same as all these niches. Its always hyped up in the beginning, all because of a few ridiculous sales by, as Brad said, fabulously wealthy people.

I see lot of new domainers and even some experienced people buying up the left-overs for some reason. These names wont sell. I will get told off Im sure for telling people for stop buying these names but the exact same thing happened with the VR niche and people told me "this niche is different" bla blah and sure enough theyre stuck with 100s and even 1000's of names they cant sell. I'm just saying be careful and try buy a couple of decent names from people who bought them in 2018/2019.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back