Domain Empire

question Is my asking price reasonable?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello guys
I have received the following email regarding one of my domain names:

( My name is ---------------- and I am the owner of the company -------------------- . We recently had an issue with our emails from Go Daddy where we did not receive any of their notifications that our domain name was about to expire until it was already too late.
We see that you recently purchased the domain name --------------------. Since our company emails and information is already set up with that domain we would really like to continue to use it instead of having to start over entirely with a new address. I am willing to purchase for a reasonable price the domain. We would like to discuss getting our domain back, as our entire business is tied to it. Your consideration is most appreciated.
Thank you for your time.
Sincerely,)

So, I have asked $4,500 for it.
Do you think guys it is a reasonable price?
Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You asking price is more then Reasonable. I would ask for more:) Received similar email for one of domain i snatched from Expired domains.

•••
$4,500 is a hard hit for any small company. Remember this isn't someone seeking out a domain for their business. They are trying to get back a name they lost, and would still have, for only 10 bucks a year. You may lose an easy sale by asking to much for it.

you can't lose this sale

•••
If I were you I would just post the domain here. Then people can tell you what they think its worth, and everyone will be in a better position to advise you on the matter. Quoting a price that is way too high could just push this buyer into finding a new domain name, and once they have made up their mind on that they may not care if you drop the price to 1500. Really nobody here can advise you well without knowing the details. We need to know something about the company to determine what they could reasonably pay, and based on that and the quality of the domain name (a factor that your buyer will be seriously thinking about when they see your offer of $4,500) the community here might be able to give you some specific advice.

you are new ? right.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Is+my+asking+price+reasonable

Last edited:
•••
there was a church back in 2016 contacted me told me I registered their expired domain. After knowing who they were, I decided to give the name for free

I would have charge 10% of their yearly donation fund

•••
Would a multi million dollar biz drop the ball like this? Is it possible? Yes! Is it probable? No!
How long have they been in business? If their story is true, and you can verify, does that sway you in any way? Just a question, not a judgment! Everyone else seems to have covered other important points!

it happens

didn't ebay and google loose their domain and sedo ??

•••
Many thanks guys for all opinions.
After doing some research, I have found that their business based on properties field (Apartments and Studios)

•••
Many thanks guys for all opinions.
After doing some research, I have found that their business based on properties field (Apartments and Studios)

How do you confuse Photography and Real EState? Or do they do real estate photography?

In my professional career I deal with private real estate funds.

If they are in real estate, you are now in a different ball game than a typical photography studio.

Pm me the details and can look them up.

Depending on the size of the company and their assets, it may be worth more than $4,500. =)

•••
I have found that their business based on properties field

Like maksimfa said, the pockets got quite a bit deeper that a photog might have...the trick is to find out how many properties they manage...may need a 10K asking price.

•••
I will give you an offer right now to scare em.

•••
A little research says the domain is woxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com

•••
I think They would win UDRP if they can prove that domain was their bread and butter, I'd be nice get yourself a good reputation by asking half of UDRP cost or less. Just imo :) If they won UDRP you will be the one paying $4500 for nothing ....

Last edited:
•••
Womensphotography.com perhaps?

•••
I think They would win UDRP if they can prove that domain was their bread and butter, I'd be nice get yourself a good reputation by asking half of UDRP cost or less. Just imo :) If they won UDRP you will be the one paying $4500 for nothing ....

Well, the OP did say the name is generic....

however since we are now dealing with a real estate company, your risk of getting sued is higher. lol. And we thought "studio" was for photography.

•••
It is generic two word domain.

•••
•••
Now that we finally know the domain name we can tell you that it's not worth so incredibly much, and you probably shouldn't try to price gouge her. Personally I think the domain is very specific to "photography by women" and will probably only be desirable to a very small percentage of photographers. If I were in your shoes, I would re-contact her and tell her you had a change of heart, and you would like to let it go for $300. I definitely don't think she will pay more than $1000 and there is a risk here of you losing your chance to sell this domain. I reiterate my previous statement that $4500 is going to have her looking for a new domain name. So I definitely think you should lower your price. Just my two cents, I'm not an expert.

•••
Now that we finally know the domain name we can tell you that it's not worth so incredibly much, and you probably shouldn't try to price gouge her. Personally I think the domain is very specific to "photography by women" and will probably only be desirable to a very small percentage of photographers. If I were in your shoes, I would re-contact her and tell her you had a change of heart, and you would like to let it go for $300. I definitely don't think she will pay more than $1000 and there is a risk here of you losing your chance to sell this domain. I reiterate my previous statement that $4500 is going to have her looking for a new domain name. So I definitely think you should lower your price. Just my two cents, I'm not an expert.

personally I don't know the domain
and really can't advice to post it here ..

•••
Well, the OP did say the name is generic....

however since we are now dealing with a real estate company, your risk of getting sued is higher. lol. And we thought "studio" was for photography.
Yes I thought too that it is for photography,
The domain refer to studios and apartments business

•••
@jamaltq - any response or update yet?

•••
•••
I cant understand that, it is stupid to explain how much they want the domain, this just will increase the price.

•••
i had same experience on a landscaping domain, i ask around $1500, but buyer didn't have such amount, the domain had lots of end users to contact and i should get close to my asking price but i know how it will hurt to lose once business/website name to another user, so i contacted him and gave him my final price of $199, he was happy paid very fast and i transfer the domain to him.:xf.smile:

•••
LOL $4500 not going to be reasonable to them. Reasonable going to be low xxx (even without knowing the domain) Good luck

I agree, and it is hard to judge without knowing the name.

•••
I agree, and it is hard to judge without knowing the name.
I have won the domain in auction, not closeout, if I sell it for low xxx then I am losing.

•••
In the past, I have found names that match only one company and I have emailed them to tell them the name is available at auction and they should bid on it.

It feels wrong to knowingly buy the name of a company with only one possible end user and try to sell it to them for a profit.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back