Dynadot

question Is it possible to list a domain for sale without parking it with the marketplace?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
For the big marketplaces, Afternic/Dan/GD, Sedo, and Daaz, they all allow listing without parking. In fact, even with the registrar marketplaces, parking is not a mandate.

So you really have the freedom to point your nameservers elsewhere, even with a ad-parking company, while placing them for sale on the large marketplaces. However, the recent changes in the commission structures are tending to encourage parking the domain with the marketplace, to get the lower commission (e.g. Afternic 15% rather than 25%, Sedo 10% rather than 15%).

Hope that helps.

•••
•••
No problem. I found it confusing when I first started.
Where to park the domains is an important issue. Someone on the forum mentioned that about half of sales can come from the landers. One of the smaller marketplaces mentioned that in their experience, most of their sales were through them.

So, choose carefully, and don't be afraid to try the different options out there. And, now that Namepros is also in the process of tweaking their landers, you may have some interesting, independent alternatives coming soon!

•••
No problem. I found it confusing when I first started.
Where to park the domains is an important issue. Someone on the forum mentioned that about half of sales can come from the landers. One of the smaller marketplaces mentioned that in their experience, most of their sales were through them.

So, choose carefully, and don't be afraid to try the different options out there. And, now that Namepros is also in the process of tweaking their landers, you may have some interesting, independent alternatives coming soon!
Sedo domain selling panel is absolutely horrific, designed in 1995 maybe? Switching between BIN and Make Offer takes a PhD and patience of a nun. Now the Min Offer field is gone!

•••
You may want to review their videos. The Selling Panel hasn't changed much over the years, it seems. However, the BIN/Make is manageable---with some patience. There is a minimum offer/bid field still available, so perhaps there's something about your account settings that is making that not appear.

Customer support can be responsive within a day or less during weekdays. Perhaps it would be good to create a support ticket to address the "min. offer" issue.

•••
You may want to review their videos. The Selling Panel hasn't changed much over the years, it seems. However, the BIN/Make is manageable---with some patience. There is a minimum offer/bid field still available, so perhaps there's something about your account settings that is making that not appear.

Customer support can be responsive within a day or less during weekdays. Perhaps it would be good to create a support ticket to address the "min. offer" issue.
Yes, with some patience, I managed:ROFL:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back