Dynadot

Is it better developing a domain into website and sell it later or selling only the domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ABCV

Established Member
Impact
My domain names are not getting sold, so I have decided to develope them into websites and sell them after that. Is it a good idea ir should I keep the names as they are and wait for a good offer to come?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is better selling the name as there is infinite work you could have done to improve site besides we are a name forum and often when little work is done to a reasonable name it hinders sale or just seen as in use.

Last edited:
•••
It depends.

If the name is super-targeted at an industry, you can just put up info about the industry and put it up for sale. That should not be a problem to any user that wants the name since the content on it is about the specific industry.

But, for example, you own razerly.com and because you didn't receive any offer you set up a website and put contents about razors on it. A user that loves the name and wants to use it as a racing car website may pass. Though I don't think it's such a big issue since some prospects will still buy it if the price is right for them.

You should also keep it in mind that building websites is much more work than buying domains and waiting for offers.

I have a 2-word domain that I don't think can fetch me more than lower $xxx if I want to sell it. But in January 2020 I turn it to a niche website. It's been making me $200 every month since last October.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back