Domain Empire

Is GoDaddy's website down?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

pick.pk

Account Closed
Impact
I have contacted my isp and they are saying that the godaddy website is having some problems...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The elephants never forgive :lol:

My sincere condolences to all GoDaddy hosting customers, though. Their losses may be huge :lala:

•••
•••
They are up and running.

Now for those crying over their hosting customers.
I ask why?

Every know host company at some point goes down, be it for a few minutes to a lot longer than godaddy was down.

•••
“The service outage was not caused by external influences. It was not a ‘hack’ and it was not a denial of service attack (DDoS),” Interim CEO Scott Wagner said in an emailed statement. “We have determined the service outage was due to a series of internal network events that corrupted router data tables.”

•••
•••
You were quick, my representative sent me the same thing.

•••
“The service outage was not caused by external influences. It was not a ‘hack’ and it was not a denial of service attack (DDoS),” Interim CEO Scott Wagner said in an emailed statement. “We have determined the service outage was due to a series of internal network events that corrupted router data tables.”

and here is the rest with what I will call a key factor(bold) moving forward...

Once the issues were identified, we took corrective actions to restore services for our customers and GoDaddy.com. We have implemented measures to prevent this from occurring again.

At no time was any customer data at risk or were any of our systems compromised.

Throughout our history, we have provided 99.999% uptime in our DNS infrastructure. This is the level our customers expect from us and the level we expect of ourselves. We have let our customers down and we know it.

We take our business and our customers' businesses very seriously. We apologize to our customers for these events and thank them for their patience.

- Scott Wagner Go Daddy CEO

•••
Do i smell apology coupon codes soon?

•••
•••
Do i smell apology coupon codes soon?

I hope so!! How about a code called: "DN4TheCount" or "WeSuckUwin!"

The GD credit I received for the outage was nice though...$47.81!! Can be used toward any future purchase! :)

•••
I just received an email with an apology and an "enclosed offer" (time limited too) --- 30% of any product!

Wow... is that the best you can do?

Up until this email, I didn't really expect any discounts or credit because I don't host with GD. However, I find this a little annoying. Being offered 30% as an apology when I can easily source 35%+ discounts codes all day long. Considering the inflated standard pricing, 30% in most cases doesn't even bring their pricing to be competitive with other service providers.

I was slightly inconvenienced because I have over 100 domains there and couldn't access the information as and when I needed. But that's not a big deal. I wouldn't have been the slightest bit annoyed had I not received this silly time limited apology offer! But now I am because for those who really were inconvenienced - is this the best they can get? At least provide a discount that is better than or at least the same as those which are already available around various forums.

Darn... maybe its just me - way past my bedtime.

•••
I just received an email with an apology and an "enclosed offer" (time limited too) --- 30% of any product!

I just used it and saved $60 on $200 worth of renewals. I'll take it :) Code Apology4a in case anyone wants to use it.

•••

Wow... is that the best you can do?

Up until this email, I didn't really expect any discounts or credit because I don't host with GD. However, I find this a little annoying. Being offered 30% as an apology when I can easily source 35%+ discounts codes all day long. Considering the inflated standard pricing, 30% in most cases doesn't even bring their pricing to be competitive with other service providers.

I was slightly inconvenienced because I have over 100 domains there and couldn't access the information as and when I needed. But that's not a big deal. I wouldn't have been the slightest bit annoyed had I not received this silly time limited apology offer! But now I am because for those who really were inconvenienced - is this the best they can get? At least provide a discount that is better than or at least the same as those which are already available around various forums.

Darn... maybe its just me - way past my bedtime.

I don't host there either, just domains and I had a $9.99 credit I can use. Tried the coupon and already have that/better discount with the Discount Domain Club.

•••
I just used it and saved $60 on $200 worth of renewals. I'll take it :) Code Apology4a in case anyone wants to use it.

That may sound great but why not head into the GD promo codes thread here and grab yourself a better code and save more... there are non-apologetic codes which could've saved you $70 instead of the apologetic code which got you $60 ;)

•••
I've never had an issue with godaddy in 4 years up until now? i think it is a false statement.

•••
Yep, DNS failure or...attack.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back