IT.COM

domains GoDaddy took down abortionreporter.org

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
GoDaddy pulled the rug out from another Texas abortion whistleblower tip site that charged users $20 to submit a claim about a violation of the state's new abortion law.

Dan Race, GoDaddy's vice president of public relations, told Insider on Thursday that abortionreporter.org violated its terms of service.

"We have informed abortionreporter.org they have violated GoDaddy's terms of service and have 24 hours to move to a different provider," Race said. "The site violated our terms of service, including but not limited to, Section 5.2."

read more

jjj.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good.

Doxxing sites that collect and store private information from 3rd parties, including medical records are not going to be allowed under almost any hosts TOS. There are likely several laws being violated which expose the host to serious liability.

The now-defunct website's "Terms and Conditions" page explicitly warned that any claims made on the site would be forwarded to an "interested 3rd-party organization that may or may not choose to act on the information and/or make contact with the customer for a follow-up."

This information could then be used to humiliate, bully, harass, and intimidate others. It is simply not acceptable.

On top of the collection of data itself, this website was also profiting (grifting) off that data by charging users to submit it. That might violate even more laws.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Now I like GD a little bit more. So I still don't like them but a little bit less

•••
Leftist Godaddy hahaha

No shock or surprise.

Keep getting involved in polarizing debates

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Leftist Godaddy hahaha

No shock or surprise.

Keep getting involved in polarizing debates

Samer

Your buddy Rob Monster told Texas Right to Life they couldn't operate their abortion doxxing site on Epik either. It violated their TOS. So yeah...Leftist Epik?

Brad

Last edited:
•••

I disagree, I think people on the right wing can also be against doxxing and breaking the law, not just leftists. Please give a little more credit to the right wing.

•••
I disagree, I think people on the right wing can also be against doxxing and breaking the law, not just leftists. Please give a little more credit to the right wing.

This is not a political thing.

These websites were even too extreme for Epik to host them. Samer must not be aware that Rob Monster said they violate Epik's own TOS.

No legitimate web host is going to allow a doxxing site like this for moral, ethical, and/or legal reasons.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
an interview with the site owner would be great first question
"what type of drugs were you on when you thought any hosting company will allow your site to stay up ?"

•••
(from the same article Lox already mentioned)

GoDaddy took down another Texas abortion whistleblower tip site that charged people $20 to submit a claim

The "Terms and Conditions" page also reveals that the website is run by a
Wyoming-based company: Convenience Pro LLC. Wyoming's secretary of state
records show the company was created on September 7 — mere days after Texas
Right to Life's tip site, prolifewhistleblower.com, went offline after
encountering similar domain and web hosting difficulties with GoDaddy and

Epik.

https://www.businessinsider.com/ano...istleblower-tip-site-godaddy-took-down-2021-9

Last edited:
•••
(from the same article Lox already mentioned)

GoDaddy took down another Texas abortion whistleblower tip site that charged people $20 to submit a claim

The "Terms and Conditions" page also reveals that the website is run by a
Wyoming-based company: Convenience Pro LLC. Wyoming's secretary of state
records show the company was created on September 7 — mere days after Texas
Right to Life's tip site, prolifewhistleblower.com, went offline after
encountering similar domain and web hosting difficulties with GoDaddy and

Epik.

https://www.businessinsider.com/ano...istleblower-tip-site-godaddy-took-down-2021-9

Yep, according to Samer I guess Epik must be leftist as well. :xf.rolleyes:

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Now I like GD a little bit more. So I still don't like them but a little bit less

If we're being 100% honest, in the not-so-distant-future, when one eventually has just two major domain registrars to choose from as a result of every other registrar being attacked, hacked, doxxed and decimated by woke fueled corporations, I'd imagine that it would be rather difficult to fully hate them, if they're one of the only choices left to operate your business.

Last edited:
•••
If we're being 100% honest, in the not-so-distant-future, when one eventually has just two major domain registrars to choose from as a result of every other registrar being attacked, hacked, doxxed and decimated by woke fueled corporations, I'd imagine that it would be rather difficult to fully hate them, if they're one of the only choices left to operate your business.

You don't have a right to collect private information like medical records, from 3rd parties, then use that information to doxx others. Turning this into a political thing is ridiculous.

Again, even Epik said the same behavior violated their own TOS.

This is a disgusting site and there is a reason they are going to have a hard time finding hosting, for obvious ethical and legal reasons.

I mean on top of that, the obvious grifting... $20 to submit a claim? Now you are financially profiting in the trafficking of 3rd party private medical records. Yeah, good luck with that.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
You don't have a right to collect private information like medical records, from 3rd parties, then use that information to doxx others. Turning this into a political thing is ridiculous.

Again, even Epik said the same behavior violated their own TOS.

This is a disgusting site and there is a reason they are going to have a hard time finding hosting, for obvious ethical and legal reasons.

Brad

Where did I say that this particular incident was not disgusting or justified? What I stated (in short-hand) is that when it comes to your personal position on virtually everything regarding this space, is that actions are rarely (if ever) politically motivated. Whether it's GoDaddy locking down Brent Oxley's domains or shutting down 2nd amendment websites, or the motivations behind Epik's recent attack, you're unable to admit that what's often fueling many decisions is actually corrupt ideology.

Last edited:
•••
Brad your favorite registrar godaddy loves abortions in the name of “reproductive rights.”

Give the baby up for adoption!
NoDaddy loves the addiction to abortions.
How about you adopt them? If not, you should have nothing to say in what another person does with their body or what's inside their body.

Last edited:
•••
GoDaddy locking down Brent Oxley's domains or shutting down 2nd amendment websites, or the motivations behind Epik's recent attack, you're unable to admit that what's often fueling many decisions is actually corrupt ideology.

You might want to take a look at the Brent Oxley thread. I don't care about his political views.
In fact, I was one of the people who was most passionate and lead the charge when it came to GoDaddy's actions being wrong.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/br...ions-of-dollars-worth-of-his-domains.1230431/

I am the one who actually brought it to the ICA, which helped lead to the situation being revolved.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
You might want to take a look at the Brent Oxley thread. I don't care about his political views.
In fact, I was one of the people who was most passionate and lead the charge when it came to GoDaddy's actions being wrong.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/br...ions-of-dollars-worth-of-his-domains.1230431/

I am the one who actually brought it to the ICA, which helped lead to the situation being revolved.

Brad

So then are you saying for the record, that you believe that GoDaddy's actions against Oxley were in fact primarily driven by ideology and politics within the work place of GoDaddy?

Last edited:
•••
So then are you saying for the record, that you believe that GoDaddy's actions against Oxley were in fact primarily driven by ideology and politics within the work place of GoDaddy?

Nope. I think GoDaddy's actions were wrong. That is all I am saying. I am not assigning any political motives to anything.

From my understanding there was an initial mistake or misunderstanding in the legal department which lead to the domains being locked. Standing issues aside, there was no service of process, there was no court order, etc. This was later corrected and the domains were unlocked.

When stuff gets gummed up in a legal process relating to a major company, it can be rather complex to fix.

At first I didn't know of Brent's political beliefs. Later on when I did know, I did not care. This was simply an issue related to property rights and due process.

I don't want to sidetrack this topic, but you bringing up Brent Oxley just proves the fact it is not about politics. I was one of his biggest defenders when it came to getting his domains unlocked.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Nope. I think GoDaddy's actions were wrong. That is all I am saying. I am not assigning any political motives to anything

And what was my opening comment on this thread, Brad? I said with you, it's never about politics, correct? So again, you're proving my exact point. You fail to ever recognize the motive. It doesn't get much more concise and clear than that.

At the time I didn't know of Brent's political beliefs. Later on when I did know, I did not care. This was simply an issue related to property rights and due process.

Yes, again, we've now further established that you don't actually care how political ideology is in fact a huge driver for so much despair and destruction in today's business landscape. But hey, let's keep pretending that the Oxley case was just some neutrally positioned dispute about property rights, instead of attempting to speak about the elephant in the room, right? It's great that you assisted Oxley, kudos for you. But attempting to "solve" any of these problems without looking at the motive is devoid of logic. It's like trying to pump the stomach of 3rd time suicide patient without wanting to ever look into perhaps what's driving them to commit suicide in the first place.

Last edited:
•••
And what was my opening comment on this thread, Brad? I said with you, it's never about politics, correct? So again, you're proving my exact point. You fail to ever recognize the motive. It doesn't get much more concise and clear than that.

Yes, again, we've now further established that you don't actually care how political ideology is in fact a huge driver for so much despair and destruction in today's business landscape. But hey, let's keep pretending that the Oxley case was just some neutrally positioned dispute about property rights, instead of attempting to speak about the elephant in the room, right? It's great that you assisted Oxley, kudos for you. But attempting to "solve" any of these problems without looking at the motive is devoid of logic. It's like trying to pump the stomach of 3rd time suicide patient without wanting to ever look into perhaps what's driving them to commit suicide in the first place.

Outside conspiracy theories, and wild accusations I never really saw any credible evidence that GoDaddy's actions were politically motivated in that case.

I understand how legal departments in large companies work, and their explanation of what happened is quite plausible.

Regardless, GoDaddy acknowledged their mistake and the situation was resolved. If the other party has a complaint vs Brent they can serve him, and the case can proceed in an actual court.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
Abortion isnt “reproductive” rights.

It’s termination.

Godaddy is picking sides; it’s quite shameful.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Godaddy is picking sides; and it’s shameful.

Samer

Epik said the exact same type of doxxing site was against their own TOS. Is that picking sides and shameful as well?

No way to spin it. Your boy Rob is even against websites like this.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Trivia Question -

Q. Which (2) web hosts said the Texas Right to Life website ProLifeWhistleblower.com was against their TOS?

A. GoDaddy and Epik.

Last edited:
•••
Back