IT.COM

question Is financing your domains (selling them in installments) working for you?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Are you fond of financing your names (selling them in installments)?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Financing my domains has worked for me.

votes
    18.2%
  • Buy Now or Make Offer work best for me.

votes
    27.3%
  • Both methods work for me

votes
    45.5%
  • Nothing works for me. My names are not selling.

vote
    9.1%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

The method of selling names that has always worked for me is Buy Now/Make Offer. Some platforms seem to be putting emphasis or recommending financing or sale in installments. Although I had tried, that has not worked for me. What has been your experience?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Anything with installment payments helps sales regardless of industry.

•••
I’ve been proposing buy now or lease to start lately. If that doesn’t work, payment plan could seem like a great alternative to the buyer, especially if you offer it at the same end price as buy it now. I did sell a domain for 5k and almost half through the payment plan now. I asked for a higher price than 5k on a payment plan or 5k buy it now, buyer came back and said he would do 5k if we did 12 month plan and I agreed. It’s a feasible way to push the deal over the edge.

•••
I had and have sales with payment plans on Dan and SH. Works great for me. Epik promises to make payment plans for external domains soon.

•••
Many of my sales are to start-ups that don't have 6-figure budgets. Payment plans and leasing are both good options for these folks. It's worked well for me.

•••
I had two such sales in the last half year (1 on Squadhelp, 1 on Dan.com).
So far so good. SH name is now fully paid (6 instalments, but there were 2 late payments at the first 2 months, but later the buyer always paid on time). Name sold on Dan is always paid on time, but there has been only 2 instalments out of 17.
I'm pretty sure one or even both sales would not have happened without instalment option.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back