Dynadot

discuss Is Facebook banning Cryptocurrency ads!?

NameSilo
Watch

New Facebook Ads policy will have direct affect to the demand for cryptocurrency related domains?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes - demand for cryptocurrency domains will rise

votes
    18.2%
  • Yes - demand for cryptocurrency domains will fall

votes
    27.3%
  • No - this will have no affect to the demand of cryptocurrency domains

votes
    54.5%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

1Darko

Top Member
Impact
Yesterday Facebook announced new Ads policy for financial products and services related to cryptocurrencies. I would like get some feedback from namepros community if such restrictions will have positive or negative impact to the demand of cryptocurrency related domains.

I personally would expect that the demand for cryptocurrency related domains will go up even more or do you think the opposite will happen?

Would be ineresting to see what you think about that!

Facebook Business

30 January 2018

New Ads Policy: Improving Integrity and Security of Financial Product and Services Ads

https://www.facebook.com/business/n...curity-of-financial-product-and-services-ads#
https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...kuA-cE5XG-dKUpQMxMOIB560ywkslnhx6VhpfmOi3Rc9z
https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...K4rY7Axu1Pi744TpuZesNCKVE8D_K5iWMXlYK1MxdPeFc
By Rob Leathern, Product Management Director
Two of our core advertising principles outline our belief that ads should be safe, and that we build for people first. Misleading or deceptive ads have no place on Facebook.

We’ve created a new policy that prohibits ads that promote financial products and services that are frequently associated with misleading or deceptive promotional practices, such as binary options, initial coin offerings and cryptocurrency.

26911907_179350376165551_9006868692583055360_n.png

We want people to continue to discover and learn about new products and services through Facebook ads without fear of scams or deception. That said, there are many companies who are advertising binary options, ICOs and cryptocurrencies that are not currently operating in good faith.

This policy is intentionally broad while we work to better detect deceptive and misleading advertising practices, and enforcement will begin to ramp up across our platforms including Facebook, Audience Network and Instagram. We will revisit this policy and how we enforce it as our signals improve.

We also understand that we may not catch every ad that should be removed under this new policy, and encourage our community to report content that violates our Advertising Policies. People can report any ad on Facebook by clicking on the upper right-hand corner of the ad.

This policy is part of an ongoing effort to improve the integrity and security of our ads, and to make it harder for scammers to profit from a presence on Facebook.

Get Facebook Business news in your inbox.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
ICOs, ponzis, exchanges and other schemes are on the increase at the moment. There are lots ofother frauds as well. I heard of one person that was new to the crypto world who was sold Bitcoin Cash instead of Bitcoin. If they are trying to clean this up, then I would support their efforts, but I just hope they aren't trying to kill the current crypto market in preparation for the FedCoin.

•••
China is the largest cryptomarket...
Facebook is banned there.
So ZERO impact.

2nd is Japan...
I don't know how they are using Facebook...

•••
•••
the demand for cryptocurrency related domains will go up even more
As of today this demand is a few domains monthly per thousands of domainers...
If we are talking about significant sales.

•••
ICOs, ponzis, exchanges and other schemes are on the increase at the moment. There are lots ofother frauds as well. I heard of one person that was new to the crypto world who was sold Bitcoin Cash instead of Bitcoin. If they are trying to clean this up, then I would support their efforts, but I just hope they aren't trying to kill the current crypto market in preparation for the FedCoin.
It would be interesting to know how and on which criteria Facebook will label coins, tokens and Ico's as fraudulent or misleading. Definitely Facebook will rise peoples awareness that cryptocurrencies are a risky type of investment. Maybe they will change peoples perception about cryptocurrencies into a negative one.

•••
Facebook is just doing damage control. They don't need another scandal about leading their user base astray.

The entire service will be dead within the next few years and we can file it next "things like MySpace that were once a thing".

•••
I agree with damage control statement, dead and buried, sadly I don't think so. There are many many groups of niche categories that find it the best place to share info and sell products. I do go to some local venue pages just to see which local bands are playing on the weekends. Hate it love it , facebook does suit some folk. As for spending hours on it each day .....F**K That

•••
Back