Dynadot

Is Estibot membership worth it?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Jman92

keep grindingTop Member
Impact
$29.95 a month is no joke. Are any of you Domainers a member? if you are or if you know something about it, please comment and let me know what you think of it.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Estibot is not highly regarded by NP members (it's generally considered to be useless because of inaccuracy)

I use valuate.com to get 20 estimates per day free (I don't recall if I paid a one time fee long ago or if it was completely free). There are a few other sites that offer a few estibot estimates each day. For me it's good enough and I don't see enough value to justify 29$ per month.

I have never tested the other tools offered by estibot, and I'd be curious to get the feed-back from real subscribers.

•••
Estibot is not highly regarded by NP members (it's generally considered to be useless because of inaccuracy)

I use valuate.com to get 20 estimates per day free (I don't recall if I paid a one time fee long ago or if it was completely free). There are a few other sites that offer a few estibot estimates each day. For me it's good enough and I don't see enough value to justify 29$ per month.

I have never tested the other tools offered by estibot, and I'd be curious to get the feed-back from real subscribers.
I can tell that NP members dont value it much by the 26 views and only 1 reply. hahaha! they are not even going to bother! :D:D but thank you for taking your time and sharing your knowledge.

•••
Try for 1 month and find out.

•••
•••
Are you currently doing things manually that takes lots more time than estibot will do in seconds? If the answer is yes then consider investing in tools that save you time, time is money.

Estibot for me is not about the valuation part but the other data it delivers me quickly.

•••
Are you currently doing things manually that takes lots more time than estibot will do in seconds? If the answer is yes then consider investing in tools that save you time, time is money.

Estibot for me is not about the valuation part but the other data it delivers me quickly.
Yes I am doing everything manually right now. If they can help me find end users and generate leads I think I will consider it as a worthy investment. However, I will just stick with NP for Appraisal services.

•••
•••

Hey Buddy how come you are getting 20 free estimates on Valuate

I am registered as a free member and it is allowing me only 4 per day

can you please let me know

•••
I can tell that NP members dont value it much by the 26 views and only 1 reply. hahaha! they are not even going to bother!
No, most serious domain investors (domainers) in general don't value it much. Their valuations are a joke and their paid tools can all be found elsewhere free or better for less money.

One quick way to show that you are new to domains is to start quoting Estibot values! ;)

Go ahead and ask any Top Level domain investor if they use or value (use it or go by) Estibot in any way!

Here's some good reading about estibot here on NP: https://www.namepros.com/threads/godaddy-com-microsoft-com-nfl-com-are-worth-0.907821/

•••
The valuations are not useful because they are inaccurate.

Even though the valuations are usually off there is still information that is useful in the valuations if you are experienced enough to see it.

The other info is useful as well and saves you from hunting around for it elsewhere.

All in all I find it is not worth the cost and use other methods instead.

•••
$29.95 a month is no joke.
let me know what you think of it.

i started domaining before the bot and no, i am not a subscriber.

but @ $29.95 a month, think of how much i saved.

imo...

•••
estibot good for more information about your domain

"value":

exists in the eyes of a buyer only
and can not be estimated by anybody

•••
If you have a lot of domains and you do outreach then yes it is a valuable service to you. If you only have a few domain names then no its not.

•••
•••
Hey Buddy how come you are getting 20 free estimates on Valuate

I am registered as a free member and it is allowing me only 4 per day

can you please let me know

I think it's a one time paid subscription (around 20$ lifetime). Note that they provide less info that estibot for valuated domains. Yet I think it's a good deal and I find it convenient to check estibot value once in a while

•••
estibot good for more information about your domain

"value":

exists in the eyes of a buyer only
and can not be estimated by anybody
Excellent Point. Well said.

•••
Best tool to deceive those who have no idea on real value of domains. That is why I avoid it at all costs.

•••
I was a paid member but cancelled my subscription yesterday as I was finding the valuations inaccurate. Also, as many others on here would probably agree, it's quite expensive.

•••
I find it quite useful and use it most days. I could find some of the info for free elsewhere, like with the Google Keyword Tool, but it would take me much longer. Suppose I come across 50 domains per day that I may be interested in, it's very simple, and quick to run them through estibot. I can quickly get my list down to a few interesting ones and then will do further research on them before buying.

Are the estimates accurate? That depends on a number of things, but I think it gives a good ballpark figure for keyword .com domains. It's not meant to be used for brandables and other such things, as there is no real way to value those. I think it gives a good ballpark figure for the domains I'm usually interested in.

If it valued a domain at $7K and I sold for $3K I'd count that as broadly correct. I'm only interested in very general figures to get a feel for whether I should investigate further. I don't have the time to fully investigate 50 domains a day, so for me it's a good tool that I am happy to pay for.

If estibot gives a domain a high value it's definitely worth me investigating further because there may be something about it that I missed. That is the value for me, not whether each valuation is perfect, which it can never be,

I certainly wouldn't just look at the estibot value for a domain and purchase it based on that.

If you only check one or two domains a day, then it's not really for you.

Bottom line is that I value my time and I can't think of any reason not to pay $30 to save the amount of time I do. It might save me $30 hours a month or more, so it's cost me $1 for each hour saved. Why would I work an extra hours just to save $30?

As an aside, how do you value a domain anyway? Suppose estibot says a domain is worth $3K and an end-user contacts me and offers $3K and I agree, is estibot valuation correct? What if I say no and they then offer $5K? Is estibot any more right or wrong? For me it's still the same ballpark valuation. No-one can know how much a domain is worth until it is sold. Even then, there may be someone out there who would pay more, or maybe the buyer paid too much. But also a domain has more value to one person than another depending on what they plan to use it for. It's impossible to get correct. So don't expect estibot to come back with some perfect figure that everyone agrees with.

•••
for example... one of my domains on estibot is valued at $110... and on DomainIndex it's valued at $950.That's an $840 difference!

I'm leaning towards the latter for this specific domain (two keywords, short, passes sound test, spelled correctly, great niche, etc. etc.)

•••
Think I have a cheap lifetime membership to Valuate but dont really use it.

Believe it was $20 for life.

Last edited:
•••
Think I have a cheap lifetime membership to Valuate but dont really use it.

Funny, I just signed up (created an account) a minute ago. It gives you one free appraisal. It's only $20 for a lifetime membership... they use Estibot.
So instead of paying Estibot $29/mo.... if one wants to use their appraisals-- just use Valuate for one payment of $20.

•••
Funny, I just signed up (created an account) a minute ago. It gives you one free appraisal. It's only $20 for a lifetime membership... they use Estibot.
So instead of paying Estibot $29/mo.... if one wants to use their appraisals-- just use Valuate for one payment of $20.
Exactly. Weird how that works sometimes lol.

•••
their paid tools can all be found elsewhere free or better for less money.

Would you care to share? I'm not interested in the domain valuation, but I'm interested in generating potential leads. I subscribed to DomainIndex.com for a while, but if there are similar tools for less I'd really like to know about them!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back