Dynadot

poll GoDaddy.com, Microsoft.com & NFL.com are worth $0 !!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Do you think that Estibot appraisals are accurate?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

• No

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Results are only viewable after voting.

ulterios

The Bear is Sticky with HoneyTop Member
Impact
There are lots of people that seem to believe in Estibot's valuations. It's mostly people who are new to domains and websites, but there are a couple of veterans that take them as accurate.

I was curious how people can value an estimator that values it's own domain at $0?

How accurate can Estibot valuations be if they don't value their own domain?

According to Estibot, GoDaddy.com is not of any value too! How can they sell domains if their own is worthless? ;)

Estibot also appraises Microsoft.com and NFL.com at $0 as well!

How can people think they are accurate or "In the ballpark" if these top sites (other than estibot) are worthless by it's valuation?

This is just a funny thing that I thought for and against Estibot people might find funny.

Estibot-Appraisal-of-Estibot---WEB---PNG8---NOINF_zpscokfnkyt.png

Estibot-Appraisal-of-GoDaddy-com---WEB---PNG8---NOINF_zpsvyajwhah.png

Estibot-Appraisal-of-Microsoft-Com---WEB---PNG8---NOINF_zpszcubejau.png

Estibots-value-of-NFL-COM---NOINF_zpsbajsnjqt.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If anybody on here thinks that estibot appraisals are anything but a laugh then they should immediately cut up their credit card as a matter of financial self protection. (It is a case that ANY automated appraisal system and not just estibot is by its very nature totally worthless in the real world as it cannot comprehend the nuances that give domains any value as these values are subjective at the very least.)

In fact when I see a member here post an estibot value of their domain I immediately discount the domain as being worthless if the estibot value is the best that can be said for it by the poster. ;)

•••
I had pointed this out before and i remember they had an explanation about it. Actually, I think they should just word it as "No evaluation" instead of $0. Or something similar and explains why there is no evaluation for these domains in the bottom of the $0 appraisal. Would be very easy fix and confusion cleared for everyone.

•••
First thing estibot's calculations are worthless
Second They are trademark and thats the reason they might be showing it $0 (Calculating every name with trademark as $0 be it MyMicrosoft.com, yourgoogle.com, etc)

•••
First thing estibot's calculations are worthless
Second They are trademark and thats the reason they might be showing it $0 (Calculating every name with trademark as $0 be it MyMicrosoft.com, yourgoogle.com, etc)
Trademarks are not the reason they are valuing them at $0 because there are others that are trademarks that they do put a value. Apple,com is valued at 6.4 million dollars. It would be too hard for them to keep track of every trademark that is out there and is active. I am sure there's some reason but I would definitely like to know why they value one and not another similar name.

I had pointed this out before and i remember they had an explanation about it. Actually, I think they should just word it as "No evaluation" instead of $0. Or something similar and explains why there is no evaluation for these domains in the bottom of the $0 appraisal. Would be very easy fix and confusion cleared for everyone.
I'm sure they have an explanation, but it can't be consistent. Why are they putting a value on Apple.com and some other big names that are just like the ones they say are worth $0. They just need to do a little code changing to be consistent. I agree that "No evaluation" or something like that should be put up there.

If anybody on here thinks that estibot appraisals are anything but a laugh then they should immediately cut up their credit card as a matter of financial self protection. (It is a case that ANY automated appraisal system and not just estibot is by its very nature totally worthless in the real world as it cannot comprehend the nuances that give domains any value as these values are subjective at the very least.)
I completely agree with you on that one. There are always lots and lots of people that join NP AFTER they bought a domain based on Estibot's valuation only to find out it's worthless. Estibot has cost a countless amount of people, especially new domainers and others that don't know better, a lot of money!

In fact when I see a member here post an estibot value of their domain I immediately discount the domain as being worthless if the estibot value is the best that can be said for it by the poster. ;)
Yes, I feel the same. Either they are new domainers or are just clinging to anything to make themselves feel like their domain is actually worth something or worth a lot more than it really is worth. ;)

P.S. Here's some more humor! Estibot says GoDaddy.com is worth $0 & Namecheap.com is worth $113,000.

•••
Estibot doesn't take into consideration any metric that makes a site valuable these days. It's antiquated and well past its due by date. I don't find these resuls the slightest bit surprising, considering how much the digital property landscape has changed in the last ten years.

•••
They would program their site to spit out zero on these long gone famous trademarks. What is NamePros.com worth?

•••
•••
estibot, godaddy, namepros....
All regfee domains... until they were dev'd and branded.

microsoft, xx - xxx b/c of potential
nfl, the value of a 3L com

Peace,
Cy

•••
You want to find an even worse appraisal... have an end user ask their "Web Guy" on how much the domain is worth. :xf.rolleyes:

That "Web Guy" is the biggest sales killer.

•••
estibot is right here
all these names are worth nothing w/o the business developed

while apple.com is a healthy fruit

•••
Estibot doesn't take into consideration any metric that makes a site valuable these days. It's antiquated and well past its due by date. I don't find these resuls the slightest bit surprising, considering how much the digital property landscape has changed in the last ten years.
They definitely need to make some changes to take a lot of things into consideration that they currently don't. That would take a little work though, so it's not gonna happen any time soon. ;)

They would program their site to spit out zero on these long gone famous trademarks. What is NamePros.com worth?
They need to do some changes and Trademarks aren't figured in, which is obvious by some of their appraisals. Trademarks shouldn't matter as far as a value in their calculations anyway. They just need to update their script to get it a little closer to reality at least. ;)

NamePros.com was one that I checked and Estibot says it's worth $37,000

My self thought assumption is right, 37k it is for namepros.com
http://i.imgur.com/8Uc9p7g.jpg
Yeah, I check that myself. I was figuring it would say $0 also but I was surprised when it gave a value.

estibot, godaddy, namepros....
All regfee domains... until they were dev'd and branded.
Thats what I was thinking but they give no value to any of the ones I listed and they have been developed since decades ago and still no valuation. Time for some programming for the owner/s of Estibot.

You want to find an even worse appraisal... have an end user ask their "Web Guy" on how much the domain is worth. :xf.rolleyes:

That "Web Guy" is the biggest sales killer.
Yeah, supposedly the "Web Guy" knows everything, including the value of a domain. People should do their own research or talk to professionals that are in the domain industry.

estibot is right here
all these names are worth nothing w/o the business developed

while apple.com is a healthy fruit
How in the world is Estibot right here? All of these names are of major websites and businesses that have been developed for decades. Why do they valuate Apple.com but not Microsoft.com or even GoDaddy.com? They have been developed since the 90's.

If all names are worth nothing without being developed then why does it give actual dollar amount estimates that are sometimes in the thousands for domains that aren't developed as well as some that were never owned?

Having a developed site on a domain has no bearing on how they valuate domains and that's obvious. What isn't obvious is how the heck they do come up with their crazy appraisals.

•••
Estibot.com value is $0 according to Estibot.com.

Now that's a true valuation.

•••
Estibot.com value is $0 according to Estibot.com.

Now that's a true valuation.
Yes, that's why I put that one at the top first. I guess even they don't value their own site! ;)

•••
UPDATE

Mystery Solved as to why Estibot values NFL.com at $0 !

Estibot is obviously a Baseball fan and not a football fan! ;)

MLB.com is valued at 1.8 Million Dollars!

Estibot-Appraisal-of-MLB-COM---WEB---PNG8---NOINF_zpsiy8bdaxw.png

•••
'Microsoft' I always thought would make a great bed linen brand name. Somehow I doubt it would have reached anywhere near its present value though! :laugh:

•••
Estibot is terrible, I am still baffled why people post it. Why namejet uses it too, it's embarrassing.

Also according to them
usa.com = 8 million
canada.com = 1 million

Prejudice.

•••
In the summer time it's more:

usa.com = 8 million
canada.com = 4 million

•••
Estibot is terrible, I am still baffled why people post it. Why namejet uses it too, it's embarrassing.

Also according to them
usa.com = 8 million
canada.com = 1 million

Prejudice.
I think that with the usa.com, they are basing the price not only on the country name but the length of the domain. However, it's Estibot so who knows what the heck they are using as valuation factors.

I do know that that crystal ball they use to come up with their valuations is looking a bit cracked! ;)

cs_2.219164821_std.jpg

•••
How in the world is Estibot right here? All of these names are of major websites and businesses that have been developed for decades. Why do they valuate Apple.com but not Microsoft.com or even GoDaddy.com? They have been developed since the 90's.

If all names are worth nothing without being developed then why does it give actual dollar amount estimates that are sometimes in the thousands for domains that aren't developed as well as some that were never owned? .

is estibot a Domain evaluation tool or a business evaluation tool?

•••
you want to take estibot for what its good at:

to give you a quick overview
about all the relevant data concerning a domain

if estibot shows a decent value
you may want to start due diligence

if they show no value
you may know better or pass on that domain

its just a robot
so how could a robot know
the motivation behind a sale????

•••
is estibot a Domain evaluation tool or a business evaluation tool?
It is a domain evaluation tool (in theory)! That being said, based on that then why are they not offering a "Domain" value for NFL.com, a 3 character .com domain?

Their methods, whatever the heck they might be, are flawed and should only be used for entertainment purposes. As in whenever you need a REAL GOOD laugh at an appraisal that is quite entertaining most often! ;)

The point is that Estibot is EXTREMELY inconsistent with the way they are valuing domains that are basically similar. I'm not saying the ones in my examples are, as they are quite different, but other domains that are.

I spend more time on this site than the vast majority of people here, just looking at threads and reading a lot. Often I have seen people post domains for sale, appraisal, etc. and quote Estibot values, only to see 2 extremely similar domains have greatly different valuations. Why would that be? I have seen people ask that very question on a countless number of occasions and I honestly can't give them an exact answer. As a matter of fact, I don't think that the owners/creators of Estibot can do that either. I think that many times it just uses a random number generator like used in slot-machines and just throws out a random number. ;)

•••
I like estibot! especially when they said my domain worth $5999 lol :P but I really disappoint with sedo, because they said my domain worth $1999 lmao!
but the funny thing is I have domain five letter unreadable, someone want to buy 2k usd! because my TF 52 !
and if I sell them, I would be stupid, because that domain is my treemoney :P lol

but my point is, nobody can tell about your domain prices! all we have to do is, buy domain and list on marketplace! someday or soon some ppl will buy that domain! if not let it expired! its just a game anyway!
don't take it personally!

•••
I like estibot! especially when they said my domain worth $5999 lol :P but I really disappoint with sedo, because they said my domain worth $1999 lmao!
but the funny thing is I have domain five letter unreadable, someone want to buy 2k usd! because my TF 52 !
and if I sell them, I would be stupid, because that domain is my treemoney :P lol

but my point is, nobody can tell about your domain prices! all we have to do is, buy domain and list on marketplace! someday or soon some ppl will buy that domain! if not let it expired! its just a game anyway!
don't take it personally!
Yeah, you never know what you are going to get sometimes when it comes to domains. Some that you think are not worth anything can get a high price if the buyer really wants it and others that you think are worth alot wind up not getting as much money as you would like.

One of my points of this thread was to show some real bad inconsistencies in estibot valuations. You don't know how many times someone has come to this forum over the years and have tried to sell a domain that estibot said was worth $5,000, $10,000 or more and the domain winds up not being able to sell at any price. Their prices are just worthless for the most part.

Good Luck. ;)

•••
You don't know how many times someone has come to this forum over the years and have tried to sell a domain that estibot said was worth $5,000, $10,000 or more and the domain winds up not being able to sell at any price.

that is not estibots fault
the reason is that domainers here are looking for bargains

that tells you nothing about the value of a domain

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back