NameSilo

Is estibot down?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Hey
Tried to use Estibot right now. I haven't used it in weeks. but now it seems "stuck" on ."your limit is up".

as in the message you get when you've overused your complimentary appraisals from Estibot.

but I haven't used it in weeks. why is this happening? is this happening to anyone else?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
what's the deal? are our ip's being tracked and blocked for overuse or what?

•••
•••
Simple, never use Estibot for domain appraisals, its the first mistake domainers make when trying to evaluate domains, its like picking a number out of a hat.

•••
Have not used.Because I was a rookie

•••
Simple, never use Estibot for domain appraisals, its the first mistake domainers make when trying to evaluate domains, its like picking a number out of a hat.

I've used estibot many times for quick sale to non domainers.

Estibot looks legit enough to convince buyers of the value of your domain.

Some never think twice if estibot is bs.

Most just assume it's good info.

•••
Most just assume it's good info.

Only new domainers think that

I've used estibot many times for quick sale to non domainers.

Let me get this, you have shown end-users Estibot value and they have bought the domain from you?? this is unlikely unless they wanted the name anyway

•••
Been getting same message from estibot!

•••
Only new domainers think that

Let me get this, you have shown end-users Estibot value and they have bought the domain from you?? this is unlikely unless they wanted the name anyway

I remember selling couple of domains this way. Most were not domainers.

One was a 1-800 provider of sex lines.
Another was a fleet tracking company owner.

Like taking candy from a baby using estibot.

•••
I remember selling couple of domains this way. Most were not domainers.

One was a 1-800 provider of sex lines.
Another was a fleet tracking company owner.

Like taking candy from a baby using estibot.

What were the names, I can bet it wasnt because of Estibot though...companies dont go "oh we dont want that name", but then you show them the Estibot value, they change their minds

Last edited:
•••
What were the names, I can bet it wasnt because of Estibot though...companies dont go "oh we dont want that name", but then you show them the Estibot value, they change their minds

I did not use estibot to "price" my domains which I handreg in less than a year I did use estibot to find similar domains to mine that were never sold so would not show up on Namebio but estibot priced them a decent amount. To be fair I did tell them that mine were reg less than a year but after showing the comps using estibot we came to a "compromise" price.

I tend to reg new niches so not much data on Namebio for historical sales. So estibot is the perfect "hail Mary" tool when you have nothing else.

It's not accurate. Agreed. But if it works to make a sale by hook or by crook why not use it?

•••
Same here. I don't use estibot for appraisals. I use it for search volume info.

•••
If anyone needs a couple appraisals while having technical difficulties let me know in this thread if you want my to post the result here .. or send me a PM if you want me to send by PM .. might not be instant, but I'll try to do it for you guys if I'm online .. otherwise after I get back! :)

Let me get this, you have shown end-users Estibot value and they have bought the domain from you??this is unlikely unless they wanted the name anyway

But it certainly could have made a difference in the sales price if it was a big number.on Estibot for some reason (otherwise you obviously wouldn't share it .. lol).

I personally don't give too much clout to the specific number that estibot values a domain at .. but it is far from being a useless tool. It's great for giving you search metrics. Also .. the number range still is important and helpful as if a domain is unusually high or low for it's metrics it makes me pause to try to figure out why ... usually there is something .. be it choice of words or whatever else.

Being relatively new I find the data it provides has helped me a lot.

Of course there are no real metrics it can use for brandables so it can be way off for them more often than not.

•••
But it certainly could have made a difference in the sales price if it was a big number.on Estibot for some reason (otherwise you obviously wouldn't share it .. lol).

I disagree, most companies will see right through that, a coimpany will buy the name if they want it, showing them some automated appraisal tool valuation wont change that...we will agree to disagree I think

•••
I disagree, most companies will see right through that, a coimpany will buy the name if they want it, showing them some automated appraisal tool valuation wont change that...we will agree to disagree I think

Yea let's leave it at that and not start 2017 with a headache shall we Giles ?

•••
@Avtar629

Its only a headache if you want it to be, just opinions thats all..people mustn't take it to heart

If you don't like hearing these things, just dont post anything, you must learn to take the good with the bad

Last edited:
•••
Estibot being down is actually a good thing.

•••
•••
Estibot being down is actually a good thing.

Oh, without estibot we stuck with the appraisal section and the glorious Reg Fee reply

•••
Oh, without estibot we stuck with the appraisal section and the glorious Reg Fee reply

True, but at least some of the appraisals will be accurate :xf.wink:

•••
Valuate•com works for anyone who needs the Estibot $ - good luck :xf.smile:

•••
lmao @ @Avtar629 and @gilescoley .. you guys realise you're both right .. right? lol

Seriously in many cases where an end user isn't too familiar with the domaining underworld and how it all works pointing them to a high estibot valuation could certainly help. While on the other hand if the buyer is more familiar with aftermarkets and has multiple domains, then it really wouldn't help at all.

ok .. *group hug* ;)

•••
lmao @ @Avtar629 and @gilescoley .. you guys realise you're both right .. right? lol

Seriously in many cases where an end user isn't too familiar with the domaining underworld and how it all works pointing them to a high estibot valuation could certainly help. While on the other hand if the buyer is more familiar with aftermarkets and has multiple domains, then it really wouldn't help at all.

ok .. *group hug* ;)

Dont worry about it mate, its all good..we have group hugs all the time

•••
Estibot's "appraisals" are all over the place, often for no discernible reason. I think we all agree on that. This said, Estibot does look kosher and credible to domaining outsiders and therefore is a useful tool for influencing the uninformed, which is what @Avtar629 is saying. Thanks for sharing. Always good to have a second opinion / confirmation that this approach works :sneaky:

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back