IT.COM

question Is changing my domain will affect the SEO of my website?

NameSilo
Watch

tomcruise8922

Impact
Is changing my domain will affect the SEO of my website?
e.g. abc.com to abcd.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You will need to perform a permanent redirection (301) from your old domain URLs to a new one. Including ALL of your permalinks (eg. abc.com/page1/ to abcd.com/page1/).

It will certainly have an impact on your rankings at the beginning.

My advice is that you hire an expert for the migration process if you're not sure what you're doing.

•••
Upvote 0
Yes.
As @DotKing stated, do the steps and wait for couple of months to see the results.
Also, if changing domain is not very important then don't do it. Unnecessary headache.

•••
Upvote 0
You have to make sure ALL pages are properly redirected.

And, yes, you'll still lose some of the juice. Depends where you are in the DA slide (if you are 50 vs 20, e.g., it is completely different ball game and consequences and ease of restoring) and how much of an upgrade is the name you are getting. So, if you are moving from tomcruise8922.com to tomcruise.com, by all means, do it, SEO can be taken care of. But if it is tomcruise8922 to tomcruise892 or bradpitt8922, don't do it.

•••
Upvote 0
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back