Dynadot

.biz .biz domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

PoorDoggie

Soon to be RICHdoggie!VIP Member
Impact
Hi. I know that .biz (or any other domains) aren't really as valuable as .com, but they must have some value!

I was wondering, for the benefit of my dad if someone could come up with a convincing argument for this, because my dad reckons that if it is not .com, it is rubbish! :hehe:

Oh yea, and if you could post your .biz sold domains here, and how much they went for (only the decent ones please :hehe:) that would also be appreciated! :D

Thanks in advance
Tom

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yeah, my dad thinks the same way about .coms being the only thing you should register. Good luck convincing him!

•••
.biz is good domain, i think its smart, and in future it will worth high :)

•••

•••
Well i haven't had any end user sales for .biz yet, but i have had quite a few wholesale sales of much more than reg fee.

•••
ask your dad if he was setting up a new small business on the net, that he had the choice of buying the desired name .com for $1000 or the .biz for $10 what would he do?

•••
yoshiwara said:
ask your dad if he was setting up a new small business on the net, that he had the choice of buying the desired name .com for $1000 or the .biz for $10 what would he do?
erm... that dosen't help me really! lol - the point I am trying to make to my father is that there are other domains than .com, and he thinks that .biz is one of the awful ones, that no-one wants. He then went on the say - which one would people rather buy? google.com or xorrenfs-sdagfeifirgn-dfasdfs.biz??? D-: :lol:

•••
PoorDoggie said:
erm... that dosen't help me really! lol - the point I am trying to make to my father is that there are other domains than .com, and he thinks that .biz is one of the awful ones, that no-one wants. He then went on the say - which one would people rather buy? google.com or xorrenfs-sdagfeifirgn-dfasdfs.biz??? D-: :lol:

actually the choce in setting up a business now might be the opposite eg nicename.biz or xorrenfs-sdagfeifirgn-dfasdfs.com :td:

•••
•••
I don't think .biz is close to being in the top 10 tlds. However if you had the choice between say jetskis.biz and billandtedsmostexcellentlittlejetskishop.com, the .biz is obviously the better choice. :cy:

•••
calian said:
I don't think .biz is close to being in the top 10 tlds. However if you had the choice between say jetskis.biz and billandtedsmostexcellentlittlejetskishop.com, the .biz is obviously the better choice. :cy:
:lol: you are 100% right!

•••
in practice the toss-up is between eg nicename.biz and thenicename.com ...what then?

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back