Dynadot

information Is BITCOIN Term Trademarked?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Nahdism

Established Member
Impact
Hello Dear NP Members,

I am looking forward to purchasing a domain something like "bitcoin.us", "bitcoin.ca", "bitcoin.xyz" etc

It has no other word, letter or number other than bitcoin.
I am purely looking forward to flipping it and not developing any website around it.
My question is is this allowed?
Will I get into any trademark issues in future?

Thanks in advance for helping me out :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Bitcoin owns nobody? I still have a doubt on this.

•••
•••
i dont think it is trademarked..because there are just speculations around its origin and inventor..and the notorious use of it..

•••
•••
•••
•••
bitcoin is a trademarked word
upload_2018-1-10_11-35-36.png

•••
As per as I know, bitcoin is not but there are several crypto currencies like ethereum and some other have..

•••
I suppose only Satoshi himself could *really* trademark it, but I don't see that happening.

•••
Bitcoin; Gascoin; Goldcoin, ect. seems to be hard to trademark, it's my opinion that words with a short prefix such as.. (BIT; JOY; GAS; ETH,) followed by the word "COIN" doesn't offer any goods, or sevices in it self. It also seems when a word like bitCOIN is coupled with more descriptive word(s), the chances of receiving a TM increases. But this is just my opinion.

•••
I suppose only Satoshi himself could *really* trademark it, but I don't see that happening.
I'm not even sure if Satoshi is a person.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back